1. Playing with matches
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 14:232 edits
    What a wus. John Paul II was practically a pickle and they still propped him up on the pulpit. Wonder how much plummeting membership had to do with this choice?
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 14:49
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    What a wus. John Paul II was practically a pickle and they still propped him up on the pulpit. Wonder how much plummeting membership had to do with this choice?
    The next one is going to be the last i think but we will see.
  3. Playing with matches
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 14:52
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I doubt that, but, they will have to evolve to survive.
  4. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 15:31
    Did you say that when the last pope passed away?
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 15:39
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate

Believe there's more Power Elite Planning and Machinations Crowd Activity behind the scenes than we'll ever know.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 15:43
    I've heard this too, which is why the news about this pope disturbed me this morning.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 15:48
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    Educate yourself and check this page out, which outlines what RBHILL is alluding to. It's okay, you can continue your snark after you read the page, if that's what you really want.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophecy_of_the_Popes
  8. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 16:04
    i thought you died pope too
  9. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 16:09
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Educate yourself and check this page out, which outlines what RBHILL is alluding to. It's okay, you can continue your snark after you read the page, if that's what you really want.

Generally prophecies shift as they are found to be B.S.

As soon as this prophecy is found to be false the believers in this one will probably find some other reason why this didn't somehow fulfill the conditions.

My question had nothing to do with snark, it actually was an honest question because often these prophecies are moving targets. People have been claiming that prophecies are saying the end of the word is coming soon for hundreds of years and we're still here.
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 16:14

if the next guy is the last pope it will mean a lot to christians bolstering their faith. what will it mean if to christians if there are lots more popes? will it chip away at their faith.
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 16:18
    No.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 16:251 edit
    Generally prophecies shift as they are found to be B.S.

As soon as this prophecy is found to be false the believers in this one will probably find some other reason why this didn't somehow fulfill the conditions.

My question had nothing to do with snark, it actually was an honest question because often these prophecies are moving targets. People h ...[text shortened]... cies are saying the end of the word is coming soon for hundreds of years and we're still here.
    That's the problem with prophecy. Usually no specific time is given because most timelines are driven by what the "prophet" desires to be true. Prophecies given by God never give a timeline (as far as I know).

You can believe what you want, of course, but not all prophecies are false.
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 16:28
    That's the problem with prophecy. Usually no specific time is given because most timelines are driven by what the "prophet" desires to be true. Prophecies given by God never give a timeline.

You can believe what you want, of course, but not all prophecies are false.
    whats the point of prophecies? like this pope thing, whats the point in some guy listing the popes......and why are so many prophecies delivered in a cryptic fashion? does go like puzzles?
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 16:35
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    whats the point of prophecies? like this pope thing, whats the point in some guy listing the popes......and why are so many prophecies delivered in a cryptic fashion? does go like puzzles?
    You forgot, "Get off my lawn, you damn kids!"
  15. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 16:37
    You forgot, "Get off my lawn, you damn kids!"
    That was Clint Eastwood who said that.

In Gran Torino.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree