1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '13 17:411 edit
    Originally posted by biffo konker
    You need more/stronger faith.Sometimes they are quite close.This one for example

http://www.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/german-cartoon-predicted-pope-benedict-resignation-a-8831
    Delete. Sorry.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Feb '13 17:59
    Originally posted by biffo konker
    You need more/stronger faith.Sometimes they are quite close.This one for example

http://www.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/german-cartoon-predicted-pope-benedict-resignation-a-883103.html
    Au contraire. I have the faith of the mustard seed. I just have an extremely low opinion of "modern" prophecy.

You know, end times, false prophets, etc.

From the link:

'Holtfreter says the 2013 calendar was finished around Easter of 2012. It was a coincidence "as unlikely as a lottery win," says cartoonist Katharina Greve, who originally created the prophetic drawing about a year and a half ago for the German weekly Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung.

"The pope is one of my favorite figures; the church is an institution with big joke potential," Greve adds.

The cartoon wasn't the only strange coincidence on that day, though. On Monday evening, two photojournalists and a BBC video captured stunning images of a bolt of lightning striking St. Peter's Basilica at the Vatican late on Monday afternoon after the pope's announcement. And this after one of his senior cardinals, Angelo Sodano, had made the widely quoted comment that Benedict's move was a "bolt of lightning in a clear blue sky." '

"As unlikely as a lottery win". Exactly. Also, I heard about the lightning bolt thing. It seems amazing and awe-inspiring on one level, but still, it has to fall in the same bin as any coincidence.

However, *because* of my faith, I'm placing it (the event of the pope resigning, opening the way for the "last pope" ) in the same category as the long-withheld Third Secret of Fatima and what that says about the future of the Church.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree