Pope preaches Marxism

Pope preaches Marxism

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
12 May 14

Originally posted by Rajk999
Jesus taught :

[i]Mat_19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and [b]sell that thou hast, and give to the poor
, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

[/b]
Like the Constitution, Progressives see this verse as outdated. They are now attempting to amend the scripture to say that money should be given to government so that they can give 9 cents on the dollar back to the poor, just as soon as John Boehner stops crying and agrees to it.

w

Moves
12 May 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
"And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God." -- Matthew 19:24, KJV

Don't come here preaching capitalism.

You either, Ron.

"And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the m ...[text shortened]... a den of thieves." -- Matthew 21:12-13

Capitalists = thieves. Yep, sounds about right to me.
I am not preaching capitalism. I'm merely pointing out the Catholic churches hypocrisy on the matter. If they would sell all that treasures and real estate that they have, it would be easily be worth trillions of dollars.

As it stands now, it seems that the Pope is not advocating that Christians give more to the poor, rather, he is advocating legislatures to force tax payers to pay more in the hopes that they then use more of the revenue to help the poor.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
12 May 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
It (collection plate)remained at the door so donations could be given at the ... end of the service if desired.
Most churches in England are like that - at least after weddings.

I thought it was payment to get out.

Moves
12 May 14

Jesus taught :

Mat_19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and [b]sell that thou hast, and give to the poor
, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

The Apostles practiced :

And all that believed were together, and had all things common; And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need. (Acts 2:44-45 KJV)

But modern Christianity doubts.[/b]
Do you have any contemporaries who have done this. Have YOU done this?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 May 14
2 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
Do you have any contemporaries who have done this. Have YOU done this?
No I have not. Is it your point that if YOU, ME or ANYONE for that matter cannot live up to the ideals as stated in the Bible that it is OK to speak against it or to try to find a way use the Bible to change it? I have to ask because this is what you jokers do all the time.

I keep telling you people what YOU DO, what I DO, has no bearing whatsoever on the standards set by Christ and the Apostles. Their standards remain [even though we are not able to reach them for whatever reason] as a desirable goal that Christians should aspire to.

Speaking against these things as many Christians do only makes you look like an excuse.

Moves
12 May 14

Are you a dumb whore?
A shack can be used by a whore, but so can a villa and a palace.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 May 14

Originally posted by whodey
Like the Constitution, Progressives see this verse as outdated. They are now attempting to amend the scripture to say that money should be given to government so that they can give 9 cents on the dollar back to the poor, just as soon as John Boehner stops crying and agrees to it.
Not everyone lives in the USA ... and many of those who dont, have no interest in their politics... sorry.

w

Moves
12 May 14

Not everyone lives in the USA ... and many of those who dont, have no interest in their politics... sorry.
Those who don't I'm sure are far happier.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 May 14

Originally posted by whodey
Those who don't I'm sure are far happier.
Maybe you are dissatisfied with the USA but in order to see what the rest of the world thinks, look at the number of applications for US visas for holiday, work, studies or just simply relocating. They are sky high. Your lot in the USA is far better than most. Count your blessings.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 May 14

Pastor James Manning explains why the redistribution of wealth in not Christian.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 May 14
1 edit

Pastor James Manning explains why the redistribution of wealth in not Christian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A11h9xP9jvY
Christ says X.
Man finds X is too hard and stifles his greed so he uses the Bible to prove Y.
Idiots who look up to the teachings of man and themselves greedy, believe in Man and follow doctrine Y.
Christ is sidlelined.,
The story of the world for the last 2000 years.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 May 14

Christ says X.
Man finds X is too hard and stifles his greed so he uses the Bible to prove Y.
Idiots who look up to the teachings of man and themselves greedy, believe in Man and follow doctrine Y.
Christ is sidlelined.,
The story of the world for the last 2000 years.
You obviously did not listen to what Pastor Manning said. If you had you should understand he was telling what Christ said and would say about the issue.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 May 14
1 edit

You obviously did not listen to what Pastor Manning said. If you had you should understand he was telling what Christ said and would say about the issue.
I never open those youtube links. Quote from the Bible and I will have a read.
I dont need some man to tell me what Christ said or did not say. I can read.

Moves
12 May 14

He assumes that the poor are poor because of laziness. That's quite an
assumption, considering that most poor people are working really hard just
to stay alive. He's completely ignoring the fact that rich are most often rich
because they come from families that provided the proper fuel (money,
education, contacts), and he's saying that jebus was okay with that kind
of elitism.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 May 14
2 edits

Originally posted by C Hess
He assumes that the poor are poor because of laziness. That's quite an
assumption, considering that most poor people are working really hard just
to stay alive. He's completely ignoring the fact that rich are most often rich
because they come from families that provided the proper fuel (money,
education, contacts), and he's saying that jebus was okay with that kind
of elitism.
This is why I dont watch that youtube garbage. Its an insult to anyone with normal intelligence and commonsense.

Christ must have been fully aware of why there is the poor. Certainly there is an element of laziness involved but the bulk of it is unfortunate circumstances from which there is often no way out, except for a few. The point is that Christians are not to concern themselves with why there are the poor but the fact that they exist is all that matters. They are to help and give, and donate and do whatever they can reasonably do to be charitable.

Christ actually is ok with the rich. Its the selfish and stingy and greedy rich that Christ despises. It is possible to be rich and still be generous.