Pope preaches Marxism

Pope preaches Marxism

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
10 May 14
1 edit

All you athiest lefties may be in the process of being seduced by the new Pope. He is demanding that governments around the world seize wealth in their countries to redistribute to the poor.

http://news.yahoo.com/pope-demands-legitimate-redistribution-wealth-103132075.html

Now many here that know me may think that I'm upset with the Pope. However, after reconsidering the idea, I think he may have a point.

First we should start with the Italian government having a fire sale at the Vatican. They should first begin with all the pagan idols that liter the church. Then move on to those neat Popes under glass and anything that is not nailed to the ground.

After they are done, they can then move to all the real estate that the Catholic church owns around the world. We have all seen the massive empty cathedrals that liter Europe, so now is the time to sell them as well.

Just think of all the trillions of dollars the Pope can raise for the poor. Of course, once the Italian government gets their hands on the loot, I'm sure they will do what is good for the poor, just like the Catholic church uses their wealth to help the poor.

Say, you don't suppose the Pope is suggesting that the state come after us instead? Nope, couldn't be, that would be hypocritical and we all know the Pope is incapable of that, right?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 May 14
4 edits

Originally posted by whodey
All you athiest lefties may be in the process of being seduced by the new Pope. He is demanding that governments around the world seize wealth in their countries to redistribute to the poor.

http://news.yahoo.com/pope-demands-legitimate-redistribution-wealth-103132075.html

Now many here that know me may think that I'm upset with the Pope. However, aft ...[text shortened]... e, couldn't be, that would be hypocritical and we all know the Pope is incapable of that, right?
Obama has been pushing to tax more from the rich so that the government can redistribute it as they see fit ever since he has been elected President of the USA. So the Pope is just falling in line to get on that bandwagon. It is a way of grabbing more power.

They certainly will not get rid of their land. The government of the USA is in the process of grabbing more land from ranchers at this very moment.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/constitution/item/18131-texas-warns-obama-to-back-down-on-plot-for-illegal-land-grab

Moves
10 May 14

Oh noes! Oh, the horror!

Um, wait, isn't that exactly what jesus encouraged? 😕

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 May 14
2 edits

Originally posted by C Hess
Oh noes! Oh, the horror!

Um, wait, isn't that exactly what jesus encouraged? 😕
Nope. Are you referring to... give to the government what belongs to the government and to God what belongs to God?

That probably refers to fair taxation.

Moves
10 May 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
Nope. Are you referring to... give to the government what belongs to the government and to God what belongs to God?
Yeah, I once again have to admit the bible is not too familiar to me, but isn't jesus the one
who said something about not serving two masters?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 May 14

Yeah, I once again have to admit the bible is not too familiar to me, but isn't jesus the one
Sure, but what does that have to do with redistribution of wealth. Jesus told a parable about talents in which a talent was taken from the one that had only one talent and given to the one that had many talents.

Moves
10 May 14

Sure, but what does that have to do with redistribution of wealth?
Uh, well, wasn't the idea to give up all your earthly possessions?

Moves
10 May 14

Jesus told a parable about talents in which a talent was taken from the one that had only one talent and given to the one that had many talents.
Riiiight.

So the obvious question I'd like an answer to there is: How?

Not that I would use that knowledge for my own purposes, e-hem.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 May 14

Uh, well, wasn't the idea to give up all your earthly possessions?
I believe it was about determining your master. It is not always necessary to give up all earthly possessions, unless those earthly possessions are interfering with service to God.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 May 14

Riiiight.

So the obvious question I'd like an answer to there is: How?

Not that I would use that knowledge for my own purposes, e-hem.
Jesus is showing how capitalism works.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
10 May 14
1 edit

Jesus is showing how capitalism works.
Jesus taught :

Mat_19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

The Apostles practiced :

And all that believed were together, and had all things common; And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need. (Acts 2:44-45 KJV)

But modern Christianity doubts.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 May 14

Originally posted by Rajk999
Jesus taught :

Mat_19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and [b]sell that thou hast, and give to the poor
, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

The Apostles practiced :

And all that believed were together, and had all things common; And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need. (Acts 2:44-45 KJV)

But modern Christianity doubts.[/b]
Jesus said that to a wealthy man who still had a conflict with trying to serve two masters. He needed to give up his wealth in order to be able to make God his master. That is not something that applies to all who have wealth. Jesus was not trying to make one size fit all.

What the apostles did was a good experiment, but proved not to be a perfect system that eliminated sin.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 May 14

Jesus said that to a wealthy man who still had a conflict with trying to serve two masters. He needed to give up his wealth in order to be able to make God his master. That is not something that applies to all who have wealth. Jesus was not trying to make one size fit all.

What the apostles did was a good experiment, but proved not to be a perfect system that eliminated sin.
Who said it was supposed to eliminate sin?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
11 May 14

Now many here that know me may think that I'm upset with the Pope. However, aft ...[text shortened]... e, couldn't be, that would be hypocritical and we all know the Pope is incapable of that, right?
Frankly, I think we should encourage the pope and all the world leaders to redistribute the worlds wealth. The sooner the better. Then, when all hell breaks loose we can have the revolution that's so badly needed to set things back to some semblance of order.

Unfortunately that won't work either! The world has become too fractured socially. The political and economic elite will continue to "redistribute" wealth and power to best serve their interests, not the poors'.

The primitive doctrine of might makes right rules the world!

P

Moves
11 May 14

Isn't it amazing that the collection plate always goes around before we receive the Word at every church? Which is more important? God or the money?