1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 18:37
    Originally posted by apathist
    So how can you tell if you are on the right road? Scripture helps only if you need to be [b]told right from wrong. I'm asking how do we determine the correct path?[/b]
    I'd disagree, scripture shows us right from wrong, if we were not told don't lust after
    another's stuff, why would we know that was wrong? Besides, there is more to scripture
    than a guide post of rules about does and don'ts.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 18:38
    You joke, but make a real point. We have to know our limits. Also there is stuff we are easily good at and so don't need the pep self-talk. It is the grey area where positive affirmations make the difference.
    Agree
  3. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 20:202 edits
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I'd disagree, scripture shows us right from wrong, if we were not told don't lust after
    another's stuff, why would we know that was wrong? Besides, there is more to scripture
    than a guide post of rules about dos and don'ts.
    I don't like it when my stuff is stolen. A couple of dots to connect there, but I'm channeling the golden rule. Which existed before the bible. Empathy. If you were not told to stop wanting other people's stuff for yourself, could you figure it out on your own? Go get your own!

The Bible was writ by man. All of the good advice in the bible already existed. I guess we will disagree on that point.

What do you get from the Bible besides village wisdom and commanded does and don'ts?
  4. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 20:22
    plural of do
    2 edits still not happy
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 20:25
    I don't like it when my stuff is stolen. A couple of dots to connect there, but I'm channeling the golden rule. Which existed before the bible. Empathy. If you were not told to stop wanting other people's stuff for yourself, could you figure it out on your own? Go [b]get your own!

The Bible was writ by man. All of the good advice in the bible ...[text shortened]... t point.

What do you get from the Bible besides village wisdom and commanded does and don'ts?[/b]
    Some people do the good things written in the Bible without knowing about the Bible or of God. Mans conscience is guide enough. The knowledge of good and evil existed from the dawn of time.

For most people with an active conscience, when hearing of the teachings of Christ, they would say " I knew that already"
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 20:28
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Some people do the good things written in the Bible without knowing about the Bible or of God. Mans conscience is guide enough. The knowledge of good and evil existed from the dawn of time.

For most people with an active conscience, when hearing of the teachings of Christ, they would say " I knew that already"
    Yes. Bhudda told me so.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 22:13
    I hear you. There is more. We gotta [b]do stuff, karoly.[/b]
    We must have the courage to follow our own dharmas (life paths).
    If you should stay, you should stay and not go. If you should go, then collect the courage to do so- and in the right direction 🙂
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 22:15
    The wise guru on the mountain, I'm like buddy you live from offerings and are not engaged in the world. Pretty sure your advice is slightly inbred.
    Luckily we have a world with "offerings" to be able to live like that. lol
  9. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 02:38
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    We must have the courage to follow our own dharmas (life paths).
    If you should stay, you should stay and not go. If you should go, then collect the courage to do so- and in the right direction ...
    Can you really just let it go. All the injustice, kick your teeth in. And well what, I'm peaceful. All sweetness and light.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 08:03
    Can you really just let it go. All the injustice, kick your teeth in. And well what, I'm peaceful. All sweetness and light.
    Is that u postin' ? .
    Arrr. yeah. i'm tryin to let it all go. it sucks..hurts my back
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 08:041 edit
    my inpromtue guru told me so ... so I must follow...

like a douche
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 14:122 edits
    So how can you tell if you are on the right road? Scripture helps only if you need to be [b]told right from wrong. I'm asking how do we determine the correct path?[/b]
    Mark Twain once said that he was not bothered by what he did not understand in the Bible. Instead, what bothered him is what he DID understand.

The Bible is there to convict us of sin, not condemn. Then it leads us to the solution which is Christ.

The choice is yours.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 17:011 edit
    I don't like it when my stuff is stolen. A couple of dots to connect there, but I'm channeling the golden rule. Which existed before the bible. Empathy. If you were not told to stop wanting other people's stuff for yourself, could you figure it out on your own? Go [b]get your own!

The Bible was writ by man. All of the good advice in the bible ...[text shortened]... t point.

What do you get from the Bible besides village wisdom and commanded does and don'ts?[/b]
    The trouble you will run into is when someone thinks your stuff is theirs for the taking just
    because they can, they may also think you took an eye so they will take your life.

Empathy is an acquired taste for some, if you dismiss the reason for the rules other than
    do what you think is right...well the strong don't mind that because the weak have a lot of
    cool stuff.
  14. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 18:16
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    The trouble you will run into is when someone thinks your stuff is theirs for the taking just
    because they can, they may also think you took an eye so they will take your life.

Empathy is an acquired taste for some, if you dismiss the reason for the rules other than
    do what you think is right...well the strong don't mind that because the weak have a lot of
    cool stuff.
    I don't think the sort of person who can't tell that taking somebody else's stuff is wrong is the sort of person who you'll find is influenced by scripture.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 18:33
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    I don't think the sort of person who can't tell that taking somebody else's stuff is wrong is the sort of person who you'll find is influenced by scripture.
    I agree with you completely, but where the influence does come into play will be around
    those who do accept it. Get rid of the ones that accept it, destroy the faith in those rules,
    then we will find ourselves in a place where we will be left to our own thoughts and what
    drives them. The stronger the influence upon the human mind the easier it will be to
    justify anything, give a little reason to justify it, or just believing if you can get away with it
    is enough to make many things acceptable.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree