1. S. Korea
    Moves
    03 Jul '19 12:12
    One thing to remember is that lots of people give in ways that are very easy for them, they tend to give from their plenty.

They also do it conspicuously so that they can take credit for it.

Works can often serve the ego.

Of course if we love Christ we should desire to be like Christ and therefore we should do good works and do good things. We should do what we believe Christ would do.

However the mechanic by which we are saved is faith.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Jul '19 12:19
    @philokalia said
    One thing to remember is that lots of people give in ways that are very easy for them, they tend to give from their plenty.

Of course if we love Christ we should desire to be like Christ and therefore we should do good works and do good things. We should do what we believe Christ would do.

However the mechanic by which we are saved is faith.
    Of course you are right. Matt 25 judgment day scenario says that Christ welcomed the righteous sheep into the kingdom of God because of faith. Great church post.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Jul '19 17:00
    Sonship is that all you have about works or righteousness?
    Not one single reference from the teachings of Christ?
    You can quote, explain and teach from the writings of Witness Lee
    Is that how little you value Jesus's teachings?
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Jul '19 05:15
    @rajk999 said
    Im trying to discourage the potential goats from listening to you, and bringing damnation upon themselves.
    And you say you don't judge.

But you do, don't you?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jul '19 05:38
    @philokalia said

Sounds like an attempt to rationalize how little one does.

Reminds me of 2018's most prolific Christian poster here who argued that any attempts to obey Christ's commandments were in the hands of the "Holy Spirit" and that if one didn't obey them and didn't do good works, it was the decision of the "Holy Spirit".

Such see-through 'I'm alright Jack' posturing.

Almost comical.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Jul '19 10:49
    @suzianne said
    And you say you don't judge.

But you do, don't you?
    You really are a very stupid woman. I dont judge who does good works and who does not. The reason why I dont do that and why I can not do that is because I do not enter into these personal discussions. I do that willfully and deliberately because I know that that is where Christians [stupid ones] love to go .. ie into peoples lives. Christians are a notoriously nosey gossipy bunch of hypocrites. Nobody on this site can ever accuse me to asking personal questions about what they do.

My focus is doctrine and teachings particularly of Christ. I am entitled to judge [as Jesus recommends] who is teaching the truth and who is teaching lies. That is my prerogative.

Take a hike.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree