1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Jul '17 12:47
    Originally posted by sonship
    There is not the slightest doubt in my mind that every single Atheist that has ever lived, will in one way or another come under Jesus Christ in [b] unconditional surrender.

In eternity future no Atheism will exist.

You see how today no T-Rexs exist ?
    See how today no Brontosaurus exists ?

We are all headed for a universe in which Atheism will be totally extinct.[/b]
    Which of course is just your opinion. You have nothing but bible verse to shore up your stance. Your god does not show up for anything. You have an absent landlord for a god.
    All you have is more humans asserting this god of yours is true.

Humans telling me about god is one joke after another.

God wants to talk to me, have it talk to me personally.

No, that won't happen? Too bad then. Till then I remain a bible god atheist.
  2. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    05 Jul '17 12:551 edit
    There is not the slightest doubt in my mind that every single Atheist that has ever lived, will in one way or another come under Jesus Christ in [b] unconditional surrender.

In eternity future no Atheism will exist.

You see how today no T-Rexs exist ?
    See how today no Brontosaurus exists ?

We are all headed for a universe in which Atheism will be totally extinct.[/b]
    Well that's really interesting and of no consequence whatsoever.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Jul '17 13:00
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Well that's really interesting and of no consequence whatsoever.
    I think it is of pretty strong consequence.

And it is interesting though, to see such a rampant belief which is temporary.
  4. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    05 Jul '17 13:06
    I think it is of pretty strong consequence.

And it is interesting though, to see such a rampant belief which is temporary.
    That you think it is of consequence is also of no consequence.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Jul '17 13:08
    That you think it is of consequence is also of no consequence.
    Time will tell.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Jul '17 13:10
    Boy am I slow. I just got it that the title of this thread Pray for the success of atheism is humor. That and possibly some kind of Freudian slip.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Jul '17 14:10
    Boy am I slow. I just got it that the title of this thread [b]Pray for the success of atheism is humor. That and possibly some kind of Freudian slip.[/b]
    I don't think you quite understand what qualifies as a Freudian slip. (Perhaps it's the slowness you speak of? )
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jul '17 14:31
    I don't understand what you are saying. Are you asking how we perceive the consensus on our shared morality?
    You are claiming it is shared?
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    05 Jul '17 15:33
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Two people are 'morally good,' one an atheist and one a theist. The atheist is morally good due to his own volition, the theist because God has told him to be good or he'll be punished.

And you have the gall to say the atheist's morality is wanting?!
    Someone can only be 'morally good' according to their own or someone else's subjective moral standard which they got from their society. The question I have asked multiple times that no atheist has ever answered is how do you know which society has the right moral system when they contradict each other?
  10. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    05 Jul '17 15:37
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    You are claiming it is shared?
    In the sense that we largely agree on it, yes. That is what a consensus means.
  11. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    05 Jul '17 15:41
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Someone can only be 'morally good' according to their own or someone else's subjective moral standard which they got from their society. The question I have asked multiple times that no atheist has ever answered is how do you know which society has the right moral system when they contradict each other?
    This has been answered before. It is possible that both or neither are 'right'. There are issues in life which are not so black and white as to allow one to easily discern which path is ethically or morally better.
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    05 Jul '17 15:57
    This has been answered before. It is possible that both or neither are 'right'. There are issues in life which are not so black and white as to allow one to easily discern which path is ethically or morally better.
    But with no objective standard it is impossible to say for sure, because if you assume morality is subjective then everyones opinion on morality is equally valid.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jul '17 16:05
    In the sense that we largely agree on it, yes. That is what a consensus means.
    How do you know people largely agree, and why would they? Most of our laws are based upon what we agree should or should not be done, yet we see crime. We also see laws being ignored, so what are you looking at?
  14. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    05 Jul '17 16:072 edits
    But with no objective standard it is impossible to say for sure, because if you assume morality is subjective then everyones opinion on morality is equally valid.
    That does not follow. I think you know this.

Incidentally, where do you get your morality from on issues that are not covered by scripture? Is speeding morally wrong?
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Jul '17 16:124 edits
    The Bible certainly doesn't provide a clear "objective" moral standard. If it did, all Christians would have the same views on all moral issues.

People have and do read into it what they will.

Capital punishment?
    Slavery?
    Race equality?
    Gender equality?
    Sexual orientation?
    Birth control?

The list just goes on and on.

The problem is that people like you seem to believe that your particular views are given by God, when in reality there's too much conflicting information in the Bible for it not be a product of your own subjectivity.

The question I have asked multiple times that no atheist has ever answered is how do you know which society has the right moral system when they contradict each other?

How do you know which Christians have the "right moral system when they contradict each other"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree