1. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    11 Jul '09 12:42
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    hey beetle dude, check this users little profile quote,

Chess is similar to life. Here and there sacrifice is in order. Without that, hardly we could expect a success. Do not be afraid to sacrifice. - procyk
    Hey Rabbie my trustee feer,

I had the pleasure to play several KIDs with both colours against my friend procyk -and in my opinion he is very well versed; that quote at his profile is justified I reckon🙂

Enjoy yer vacation ye loco Scot😵
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Jul '09 12:42
    I think some of the most effective prayers are to pray with and over the Bible's words.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jul '09 12:48
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I think some of the most effective prayers are to pray with and over the Bible's words.
    prayer should come from the heart Jay my friend! with sincerity and conviction.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Jul '09 12:49
    Originally posted by black beetle
    He Raj' my man, this miserable bug would never dare to try 56 games at once😵
    LOL ... I have the spare time. If I had 5 like you my rating probably would have gone up a tad but certainly not in the 2100 like you. Also I have to spend some time correcting some of the rubbish I see here on Christianity. Its a thankless job but somebody has to do it ... 😀
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Jul '09 12:52
    I can't.

It is not too obvious to me now on second glance.

But I don't know what the prayer had going on in her heart. God knows that.
    Thank you. There is no adoration.

Its actually full of arrogance.
    Can you spot it ?
  6. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    11 Jul '09 12:59
    I can't.

It is not too obvious to me now on second glance.

But I don't know what the prayer had going on in her heart. God knows that.
    The adoration is obvious to this miserable atheist black beetle, padre, although it 's indirect and not verbose.

"God" is always considered the highest supernatural existence amongt theists, and this specific prayer is dedicated from a theist to his "god". And just notice how exactly this existence is described! Here we go:
    "Almighty/ everlasting/ Triunite and beyond the slightest personage status a Human could ever imagine/ One Lord/ the existence that gives substance to un unspeakable glory at each stronghold of his triunite nature"! Well, it seems to me that these notions are equivalent to a deep, profund and sophisticated adoration.

Then, the human who offered the prayer keeps up with a straight declaration: the nature of his "god" is revealed to the believer solely when he freely accepts the mentioned earlier "god's" properties. All in all in my opinion the whole prayer is a declaration of the properties of "god" as the person who offered the prayer understands them, and at the same time it is a tribute to the virtues of the so called "god", thus in my opinion we are in front of an indirect adoration😵
  7. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    11 Jul '09 13:02
    Originally posted by Rajk999

Can you spot it ?
    Of course it's full of arrogance -the person who offers that specific prayer, along with his fellow theists who they beleive to the exact doctrine that he believes, they are all together the key-holders of Absolute Truth😵
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Jul '09 13:08
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Of course it's full of arrogance -the person who offers that specific prayer, along with his fellow theists who they beleive to the exact doctrine that he believes, they are all together the key-holders of Absolute Truth😵
    Well said.
    I was hoping Jaywill will see that as well.
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    11 Jul '09 13:12
    Well said.
    I was hoping Jaywill will see that as well.
    Everybody can spot this variation if s/he only could spend a minute or two in calculation🙂

Have a good time Raj' 😵
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Jul '09 13:13

Can you spot it ?
    I think it is arrogant to pass judgment on someone else's prayer when God knows their heart on a far deeper level than you could.
  11. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    11 Jul '09 13:17
    I think it is arrogant to pass judgment on someone else's prayer when God knows their heart on a far deeper level than you could.
    We evaluate everything simply because we have to -and we "judge" not, we leave this task to the judges. Then, why should we refrain of evaluating a prayer?
    😵
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Jul '09 13:261 edit
    Have a read of this parable which contains 2 prayers. This Catholic pray under discussion is similar to that of the Pharisee in the parable. Its self-righteous and arrogant and designed to demonstrate their supposedly superior doctrine .. a doctrine that is actually false.

Luke 18:9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
    10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
    11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
    12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
    13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
    14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
  13. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Jul '09 13:371 edit
    Have a read of this parable which contains 2 prayers. This Catholic pray under discussion is similar to that of the Pharisee in the parable. Its self-righteous and arrogant and designed to demonstrate their supposedly superior doctrine .. a doctrine that is actually false.

Luke 18:9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves tha ...[text shortened]... ry one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
    The comparison is not that good because in your sample the prayer really says nothing about his or her self.

There is no thanks that the prayer is more righteous than someone else.
  14. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    11 Jul '09 16:54
    How about silence! When we draw near to God? If we all stood in His presence we would be silenced anyway. I think the jist is were so greedy and arrogant that me might pray selfishly. I think God is the King and so when talking or praying to God we should stop and think before coming into His presence. The Lord's prayer is obviously a model on how we ought to pray. I think to we like to pray but we (I) don't always listen to God. Prayer is a two way street. Also if we have ought with our neighbor we should forgive them first.

Manny
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jul '09 17:452 edits
    Originally posted by menace71
    How about silence! When we draw near to God? If we all stood in His presence we would be silenced anyway. I think the jist is were so greedy and arrogant that me might pray selfishly. I think God is the King and so when talking or praying to God we should stop and think before coming into His presence. The Lord's prayer is obviously a model on how we ought way street. Also if we have ought with our neighbor we should forgive them first.

Manny
    is praying for the sanctification of Gods name, selfish? nope! is praying that Gods will be done in heaven, also upon the earth selfish? nope! one at this points notes that there are different types of prayer, petitions on our behalf, praises, prayers of thanks etc etc etc i think it is really quite important that we tell God how we feel, is it not? for while he subjects everything under the mighty hand of Christ, one thing that he has kept exclusively for himself, is the designation, 'hearer of prayer'. beautiful is it not!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree