Premise: Objective morals do not exist

Premise: Objective morals do not exist

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
06 Nov 17

Originally posted by @dj2becker
If none of our opinions have the possibility of being factual you are wasting your time here.
I don't agree.

F

Moves
06 Nov 17

If you think that none of our opinions can be factual it is a complete waste of time.
I don't think sharing my opinions is a waste of time.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
06 Nov 17

If you think that none of our opinions can be factual it is a complete waste of time.
This post is possibly the curtain you hide behind flapping open a bit; you read the bible and form your opinions from what you interpret as being said within it and go on to conclude that those opinions are therefore absolutes.

Moves
06 Nov 17

Originally posted by @fmf
dj2becker, are the moral stances of all adherents to all religions [by which I mean those that stipulate moral codes] "objective"?
Depends on whether their personal feelings, tastes, or opinions take precedence over their religious text or not. If not, they will regard their text as an objective standard.

Moves
06 Nov 17

I don't agree.
Is that a fact?

Moves
06 Nov 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @divegeester
This post is possibly the curtain you hide behind flapping open a bit; you read the bible and form your opinions from what you interpret as being said within it and go on to conclude that those opinions are therefore absolutes.
Jesus said love your neighbour as you love yourself. Do you regard this as factual information or simply a subjective opinion?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
06 Nov 17

Jesus said love your neighbour as you love yourself. Do you regard this as factual information or simply a subjective opinion?
If I agree that Jesus telling people to love their neighbour is an objective fact, will you then conflate it to infer that all your opinions about the bible are objective facts?

Moves
06 Nov 17

If I agree that Jesus telling people to love their neighbour is an objective fact, will you then conflate it to infer that all your opinions about the bible are objective facts?
Your dodge is noted. Do you regard the words of Jesus to constitute universal truth or do they merely reflect his subjective opinion?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
06 Nov 17

Your dodge is noted. Do you regard the words of Jesus to constitute universal truth or do they merely reflect his subjective opinion?
Ok let me be clear.

I regard Jesus Christ to be my lord and saviour and his words to be truth. I regard you to be a slippery lying weasel.

Conflate that.

F

Moves
06 Nov 17

FMF: dj2becker, are the moral stances of all adherents to all religions [by which I mean those that stipulate moral codes] "objective"?

Depends on whether their personal feelings, tastes, or opinions take precedence over their religious text or not. If not, they will regard their text as an objective standard.
I am asking YOU what YOU would regard as "objective". If adherents to any or all other religions [i.e. other than your own] assert that their personal feelings, tastes, or opinions do not take precedence over their religious text ~ as you do about the religious text you personally favour ~ would you regard whatever those religionists' morals and opinions as being "objective"?

F

Moves
06 Nov 17

If you don't believe that any opinion can be factual ...
Where did I say this? Can you quote the post? Was it on this thread? Second time of asking.

Moves
06 Nov 17

Ok let me be clear.

I regard Jesus Christ to be my lord and saviour and his words to be truth. I regard you to be a slippery lying weasel.

Conflate that.
Do you regard the words of Jesus to be objectively true or only subjective?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
06 Nov 17

Do you regard the words of Jesus to be objectively true or only subjective?
Whats the difference?

Moves
06 Nov 17
1 edit

Where did I say this? Can you quote the post? Was it on this thread? Second time of asking.
Are your opinions factual or not? You can't seem to make up your mind.

Moves
06 Nov 17

Whats the difference?
A subjective truth is a truth based off of a person's perspective, feelings, or opinions not on a fact.

Objective means the state or quality of being true or factual.