Premise: Objective morals do not exist

Premise: Objective morals do not exist

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
24 Oct 17

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Assuming God does exist makes Him the universal lawgiver, so our personal feelings, tastes, or opinions do not change His laws.
Like I said - Assuming I am God, why are you disagreeing with me? Tackle that.

Moves
24 Oct 17

Originally posted by @fmf
I believe I have already addressed this issue in previous discussions. Refer to them.
"Real" is defined to mean 'actually existing as a thing or occurring in fact; not imagined or supposed'.

If morality is subjective, people would imagine evil to be different things. So therefore evil would not be 'real'.

F

Moves
24 Oct 17

"Real" is defined to mean 'actually existing as a thing or occurring in fact; not imagined or supposed'.
Damage and death are real, Deception is real. Coercion is real. People are real. Their behaviour is real.

Moves
24 Oct 17

Like I said - Assuming I am God, why are you disagreeing with me? Tackle that.
Assuming that you are God is a false assumption that can easily be demonstrated to be false.

F

Moves
24 Oct 17

If morality is subjective, people would imagine evil to be different things. So therefore evil would not be 'real'.
I have already addressed this. Why are you asking me about it again?

F

Moves
24 Oct 17

Assuming that you are God is a false assumption that can easily be demonstrated to be false.
OK try this one: Assuming Christianity is a big mistake, and you knew it, why would you still be a Christian?

Moves
24 Oct 17

Damage and death are real, Deception is real. Coercion is real. People are real. Their behaviour is real.
Sure but if morality is subjective no one has to agree that any action really is evil.

F

Moves
24 Oct 17

Or this one: Assuming that I were God, and assuming it were not a false assumption, why would you disagree with me?

F

Moves
24 Oct 17

Sure but if morality is subjective no one has to agree that any action really is evil.
I've already addressed this. Ask someone else about it.

Moves
24 Oct 17
2 edits

Or this one: Assuming that I were God, and assuming it were not a false assumption, why would you disagree with me?
I could disagree with you but if you were in fact God your word would be final and my personal feelings, tastes, or opinions would be irrelevant in the end.

F

Moves
24 Oct 17

I could disagree with you but if you were in fact God your word would be final.
Assuming the Hindus are right about everything, and you know it, why aren't you a Hindu?

Moves
24 Oct 17

Assuming the Hindus are right about everything, and you know it, why aren't you a Hindu?
If Hindus were right about everything and I knew it I would be a Hindu.

Moves
24 Oct 17

OK try this one: Assuming Christianity is a big mistake, and you knew it, why would you still be a Christian?
Assuming Christianity is a big mistake and I knew it I would not be a Christian.

F

Moves
24 Oct 17

If Hindus were right about everything and I knew it I would be a Hindu.
So you believe Christianity is right about everything, and you believe the Hindus are not right about everything, so you are a Christian, and you are not a Hindu. This is the realm of your subjectivity, not objectivity.

F

Moves
24 Oct 17

Assuming Christianity is a big mistake and I knew it I would not be a Christian.
Assuming Christianity is a big mistake, and you knew it, and assuming you were still a Christian anyway, why would you still be a Christian?