1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 May '12 19:21
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Near the end of the article -

[quote]The draft sequence of the Neanderthal genome provides more evidence that interbreeding between Neanderthals and modern humans may have occurred. It showed more similarities between non-African modern humans and Neanderthals than between African modern humans and Neanderthals. This difference between regions is con ...[text shortened]... e you should be referencing this website. It has a section called 'Human Evolution Timeline'?!
    The draft sequence of the Neanderthal genome provides more evidence that interbreeding between Neanderthals and modern humans (((((may have))))) occurred. It showed more similarities between non-African modern humans and Neanderthals than between African modern humans and Neanderthals. This difference between regions is consistent with interbreeding between Neanderthals and the ancestors of Eurasian modern humans before they branched off into regional groups. Approximately 1 to 4% of non-African modern human DNA is shared with Neanderthals.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 May '12 19:451 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    The draft sequence of the Neanderthal genome provides more evidence that interbreeding between Neanderthals and modern humans (((((may have))))) occurred. It showed more similarities between non-African modern humans and Neanderthals than between African modern humans and Neanderthals. This difference between regions is consistent with interbreeding betw ...[text shortened]... ional groups. Approximately 1 to 4% of non-African modern human DNA is shared with Neanderthals.
    I know, he once produced an article for me that was the biggest piece of speculative
    conjecture that i can remember, a pile of what ifs, could be's, its thought that, It also
    contained scientific dogma and conflicting opinion.
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    02 May '12 20:09
    The draft sequence of the Neanderthal genome provides more evidence that interbreeding between Neanderthals and modern humans (((((may have))))) occurred. It showed more similarities between non-African modern humans and Neanderthals than between African modern humans and Neanderthals. This difference between regions is consistent with interbreeding betw ...[text shortened]... ional groups. Approximately 1 to 4% of non-African modern human DNA is shared with Neanderthals.
    The scientific consensus is that interbreeding took place between Homo sapiens and Neanderthals. The link you provided says as much. Thanks for making my point. 🙂
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    02 May '12 20:14
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I know, he once produced an article for me that was the biggest piece of speculative
    conjecture that i can remember, a pile of what ifs, could be's, its thought that, It also
    contained scientific dogma and conflicting opinion.
    And what would you know? You will be forever remembered on this forum as the man who is too scared to read science books.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 May '12 22:17
    And what would you know? You will be forever remembered on this forum as the man who is too scared to read science books.
    I read your link, weak man, really weak!
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 May '12 23:38
    So what does that have to do with anything? That comment is always made but so what? There is still a huge amount of differances between us and apes and there is still NO missing link or the thousands of links that have never been found.
    So are you an evolutionist or a believer in the Bible? You can't be both....
    This is so absurd I don't know where to begin.

I've said a hundred times before that religion is the why and science is the how (in this case, evolution). I don't see why God must be limited to using a magic wand when natural processes are perfectly fine and sensible in our universe with our laws of physics. I see no dichotomy in believing both the Bible and evolution. God does indeed move in mysterious ways.
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 May '12 23:44
    Originally posted by Suzianne

I've said a hundred times before that religion is the why and science is the how (in this case, evolution). I don't see why God must be limited to using a magic wand when natural processes are perfectly fine and sensible in our universe with our laws of physics. I see no dichotomy in believing both the Bible and evolution. God does indeed move in mysterious ways.
    if you believe god created everything then at some point he used his magic wand.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 May '12 00:161 edit
    Everyone seems to ignore the fact that when God created the life forms, He placed DNA/RNA programming information in them to cause them to reproduce and adapt. This has been discovered by scientist today and Darwin was not aware of it when the theory of evolution was imagined. This adaptation by random selection is caused by the programming of God from the mind of God. It is not by accident that life is able to adapt to changing conditions. It is the will of God. But it is not the will of God for the plants and creatures He created in different kinds to change to another kind.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 May '12 00:22
    Originally posted by Suzianne

But your problem is the Bible in NO way supports your theory. Sorry.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 May '12 00:25
    Yeah right.....whatever you want to believe go ahead.
  11. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    03 May '12 00:42
    But your problem is the Bible in NO way supports your theory. Sorry.
    that's because the bible is a story book/exaggerated tribal history/song book. it is not a science book, nor does it pretend to be.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 May '12 00:53
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    that's because the bible is a story book/exaggerated tribal history/song book. it is not a science book, nor does it pretend to be.
    Ok, you have your opinion and that's fine.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 May '12 05:01
    I agree. So where are even just a few, lets say a thousand missing links of the hundreds of millions or more that should be on this planet?
    Firstly you haven't answered my question about where you get your hundreds of millions figure. Please do so or admit you made it up.
    Secondly, there are thousands of fossils of human ancestors. Is that what you are looking for when you say 'missing links' or are you looking for something else? If something else, then please explain.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 May '12 05:02
    Yeah right.....whatever you want to believe go ahead.
    Its not a belief. Robbie fully admits it to be the case.
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    03 May '12 07:39
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I read your link, weak man, really weak!
    Wow, you read one link!! How mighty and brave of you, did you walk round for the rest of the day with your chest puffed out and your head held high after reading one science link?!

The simple fact is that you're a coward, and it doesn't matter how you dress it up or how much spin you put in it, that is what you are. A grown man too scared to read science books. It would be funny if it wasn't quite so tragic.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree