1. Standard memberThequ1ck
    Fast above
    Slow Below
    Moves
    27 Oct '08 15:23
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    The simple answer to your question is that the benefits of having properly structured families and good family life far outweigh the disbenefits. Good families as a minority in society can lead to difficulties but if there are mostly good family life there will be good societies and good nations.

Your point about shortage of resources is not correct in my ...[text shortened]... distribution. Wars are fought becuase of greed and power and not because of a lack of resources.
    But the world isn't spread evenly is it?
    As cities expand and introduce agriculture, rural demand is reduced as workers are
    forced to leave their families to gain work in the cities. Disease and exploitation can
    then become rife in their villages.

Rainforests and fishstocks become depleted, global warming becomes even more
    difficult to contain and thousands die in wars and poverty. Wars are fought
    on greed and power and when resources dwindle, they become more and more
    frequent. The problem is not one of distribution because that will only bring more
    problems of distribution. The problem is one of population control and I don't see
    religion taking any kind of responsibility in this area.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Oct '08 17:06
    Originally posted by Thequ1ck
    But the world isn't spread evenly is it?
    As cities expand and introduce agriculture, rural demand is reduced as workers are
    forced to leave their families to gain work in the cities. Disease and exploitation can
    then become rife in their villages.

Rainforests and fishstocks become depleted, global warming becomes even more
    difficult to conta ...[text shortened]... f population control and I don't see
    religion taking any kind of responsibility in this area.
    Lets be specific. There are certain areas of the world desperately in need of population control, China, India and much of Africa.
    China has a draconian popullation control policy in place which limits the # of kids per family. Would you say that this is the right thing to do?
    India has a policy now of education along with birthcontrol and this in the last 20 years has led to an increase in the size of the middle class.
    Much of the African continent has very little in place to control population or to education the masses.
    My question is what specifically do you think Christians/religion should do to control population in these areas?
  3. Standard memberThequ1ck
    Fast above
    Slow Below
    Moves
    27 Oct '08 17:374 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Lets be specific. There are certain areas of the world desperately in need of population control, China, India and much of Africa.
    China has a draconian popullation control policy in place which limits the # of kids per family. Would you say that this is the right thing to do?
    India has a policy now of education along with birthcontrol and this in the last ...[text shortened]... at specifically do you think Christians/religion should do to control population in these areas?
    The bible says to be fruitful and multiply. It niether condones (with the exception
    of abortative techniques) nor outrightly expounds birth control but there is no
    clear message and certainly none on issues of overpopulation.

Specifically I am speaking of Christian populations but I am happy to continue
    this discussion with Pakistan and the Muslim faith (Hinduism supports a
    social conscience in this matter and I applaude them for it).
    So Africa would be a very good example of a place where a clear Christian message
    is not being sent with respect to the teachings of the bible by Christians.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Oct '08 23:18
    The bible says to be fruitful and multiply. It niether condones (with the exception
    of abortative techniques) nor outrightly expounds birth control but there is no
    clear message and certainly none on issues of overpopulation.

Specifically I am speaking of Christian populations but I am happy to continue
    this discussion with Pakistan and the Muslim fai ...[text shortened]... tian message
    is not being sent with respect to the teachings of the bible by Christians.
    Im not too sure what responsibiity religion has in the control of population. Maybe others can contribute while I have a think about it.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 Oct '08 12:02
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I was never more educated about my limitations as when I had kids.
    with the mention that sperm is not sacred and that 2 children are enough.
    3 or more if you have an accident and the second try is twins or triplets or more😀.

i dont think he is asking us not to have children. i think he is asking not to have lots of them and none if we cant offer them decent living
  6. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    28 Oct '08 19:49
    I cry b******t. When you become a parent you lose all perspective of the world
    and the other people that share your air.
    *rolls eyes* Mmm-kay...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree