1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    22 Aug '10 17:04
    An old Christian friend of mine used to say that the groove in celery sticks specifically designed to accommodate soft cheese was proof for the existence of God.

That is as powerful and profound as any argument I have read in this forum.

When all around us is such beauty and wonderment ... and everything is designed for us! Its hard NOT to believe in a deity.

We do truly live in a wonderful world.

BUT
    (Creationists head for your bunkers)

The World was NOT made for us.
    We were made for the World.
    Its called Natural Selection and its still WONDERFUL and it doesnt contradict the existence of your gods.

AMEN
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 Aug '10 17:30
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Its called Natural Selection and its still WONDERFUL and it doesnt contradict the existence of your gods.
    Yes it most certainly does contradict the existence of my God if my God specifically made the world and its life forms without the use of Natural Selection.
  3. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    22 Aug '10 17:50
    An old Christian friend of mine used to say that the groove in celery sticks specifically designed to accommodate soft cheese was proof for the existence of God.

When all around us is such beauty and wonderment ... and everything is designed for us! Its hard NOT to believe i ...[text shortened]... l Selection and its still WONDERFUL and it doesnt contradict the existence of your gods.

AMEN
    there is a deep wisdom in what you have posted. Christians far too often feel like the world was made for them. Yet clearly the world and its inhabitants were made for The creators pleasure, whether it happened 5-10k Years ago, or billions
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    22 Aug '10 17:55

When all around us is such beauty and wonderment ... and everything is designed for us! Its hard NOT to believe i ...[text shortened]... l Selection and its still WONDERFUL and it doesnt contradict the existence of your gods.

AMEN
    Here is some more proof:

YouTube

Obviously, God wanted the monkeys to flourish and eat well.
  5. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    22 Aug '10 18:34
    There's only One God
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    22 Aug '10 19:03
    Originally posted by daniel58
    There's only One God
    Dont be daft; I can name half a dozen:
    Apollo, Zeus, Jupiter, Odin, Horus, The Hoff
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Aug '10 19:40
    The Hoff? You talking "Knight Rider" fame?

But seriously,daniel is right there is only one God and because of the annoying fact that by including EVERYTHING as part of "Himself" , nothing can really be said of this "oneness" and hence it makes me think forget the whole "One" thing and go with "Zero" instead.
    God is zero. There. much bettteršŸ˜µ
  8. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    22 Aug '10 22:14

AMEN
    If god designed the grooves in celery sticks then he also designed viruses, ringworm, and all the other nasty stuff of the world. You can't just give god credit for all the good stuff and let him off the hook for all the bad.
  9. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    22 Aug '10 22:22
    Originally posted by rwingett
    If god designed the grooves in celery sticks then he also designed viruses, ringworm, and all the other nasty stuff of the world. You can't just give god credit for all the good stuff and let him off the hook for all the bad.
    Before the fall of man there were no "bad" things, so really it's man's fault, but even these things are not "bad" in themselves because they cannot sin, only those that have free will can really be "bad"
  10. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    22 Aug '10 23:25
    Before the fall of man there were no "bad" things, so really it's man's fault, but even these things are not "bad" in themselves because they cannot sin, only those that have free will can really be "bad"
    The serpent preceded the fall of man, did he not?
  11. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    23 Aug '10 01:231 edit
    There's only One True God
  12. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    23 Aug '10 01:24
    The serpent preceded the fall of man, did he not?
    Yes but I was talking about mankind
  13. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    23 Aug '10 01:42
    Yes but I was talking about mankind
    What?!? That's rubbish. I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about.
  14. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    23 Aug '10 01:47
    What?!? That's rubbish. I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about.
    I do no what I'm talking about, the first poster cheese fits in the creases in the celery that's proof of God's love for us, you said but God made bad things too, I said God didn't make "bad" things, he made things, and they're "bad" because of man's fall
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Aug '10 10:19
    I do no what I'm talking about, the first poster cheese fits in the creases in the celery that's proof of God's love for us, you said but God made bad things too, I said God didn't make "bad" things, he made things, and they're "bad" because of man's fall
    "He" made things and we made them "good" or "bad". Is that what you mean by "mans fall"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree