1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    23 Aug '10 10:29
    Originally posted by rwingett
    If god designed the grooves in celery sticks then he also designed viruses, ringworm, and all the other nasty stuff of the world. You can't just give god credit for all the good stuff and let him off the hook for all the bad.
    I believe you missed my point! 🙄
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    23 Aug '10 10:30
    Originally posted by daniel58
    There's only One True God
    Capitalising adjectives doesnt make your god unique!
    Whats not true about my gods?
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Aug '10 19:03
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    An old Christian friend of mine used to say that the groove in celery sticks specifically designed to accommodate soft cheese was proof for the existence of God.

That is as powerful and profound as any argument I have read in this forum.

When all around us is such beauty and wonderment ... and everything is designed for us! Its hard NOT to believe i ...[text shortened]... l Selection and its still WONDERFUL and it doesnt contradict the existence of your gods.

AMEN
    Well I just have to question that a little if that's ok? Just thinking that man was the last thing God created would tend to make one think it was prepared for us. Everything the human race could ever need is here. One could right books on how perfect this planet is even now but it was no doubt much better then from what we see today. The flood no doubt changed the look and geographic features drastically. There is much beauty on this planet now but look at all the land we can't use and even the dangerous areas we can't live. But remember God originally put Adam in a garden that no doubt would have been expanded earth wide by his offspring if Adam had not sinned.
    And also God brought all the animals to Adam to name which would indicate he had a purpose planned for us as with this one example.

So it seems that the earth could have been a gift to man as Ps 115:16 states: (New International Version)

"The highest heavens belong to the LORD,
    but the earth he has given to man."
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Aug '10 19:14
    Originally posted by galveston75
    One could right books on how perfect this planet is even now but it was no doubt much better then from what we see today.
    Adam had a better computer than me? Now I'm jealous!
  5. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    23 Aug '10 19:39
    Capitalising adjectives doesnt make your god unique!
    Whats not true about my gods?
    I capitalize out of respect, and you don't so you must not think very "high" of them.

um they're false
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    23 Aug '10 20:03
    Well I just have to question that a little if that's ok? Just thinking that man was the last thing God created would tend to make one think it was prepared for us. Everything the human race could ever need is here. One could right books on how perfect this planet is even now but it was no doubt much better then from what we see today. The flood no doubt ...[text shortened]...

Dear G75! You believe in geology?
    "The flood no doubt changed the look and geographic features drastically.

What is this based on?
    How long ago was the flood?
    And what effects do you attribute to it?
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    23 Aug '10 20:07
    I capitalize out of respect, and you don't so you must not think very "high" of them.

um they're false
    I don't capitalise as a sign of respect so you cannot know what I am thinking.

Who else do you respect parents/Parents, friends/Friends, teachers/Teachers, police officers/Police Officers ???

Seems an odd use of grammar to me.
    Why not just say "I respect the god that I believe in" ... ? ... does the job.
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    23 Aug '10 20:12
    Well I just have to question that a little if that's ok? Just thinking that man was the last thing God created would tend to make one think it was prepared for us. Everything the human race could ever need is here. One could right books on how perfect this planet is even now but it was no doubt much better then from what we see today. The flood no doubt ...[text shortened]...

And
    i try to stay neutral about the existence of god so as to have a discussion

my opening post gave reason for the belief in god
    so i hope you believe i do my best to understand the 'enlightened'

so PLEASE don't continually assume in ALL posts that god exists

AMEN
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Aug '10 00:00
    Dear G75! You believe in geology?
    [b]"The flood no doubt changed the look and geographic features drastically.

What is this based on?
    How long ago was the flood?
    And what effects do you attribute to it?[/b]
    Well yes. Why wouldn't I?
    The flood happened in 2370 BCE.
    For the flood to have covered the enter earth and even over the existing mountain tops then on the earth, it was no doubt flatter with more land surface then we have now.
    The earth was also covered by a dense cloud layer where much of the flood waters came from as well as underground reserviours.
    So between water coming to the surface in huge amounts and the weight of the water coming from the skys it would have no doubt caused the earths crust to sink in many areas and in turn rise in others. Sea shells on mountians tops prove this.
    I get blasted each time this subject comes up but in reality the earth is already 70%+ flooded now. So flatten most of it out and it would be flooded today.
  10. Joined
    10 Jul '09
    Moves
    24 Aug '10 00:28
    The reason for the captilization of the word "God" is to give respect to him, "god" is a more gernal term, usauly refering to statan in the bible.

That's why it's VERY important to captilize it, other wise your as good as saying, God and satan, are the same!!!

That's why we always use the non-capalized "version", like "gods" instead of "God", but that's not as important as the fact that, THERE REALLY IS ONLY ONE GOD! The reason is because, for one, look in the bible, how on earth (or any where else for that matter) could God have fit all those "secret meanings" in everything?!?!?! How could any man have done that? It would take him LONGER than a life time.

Anyway, that's my reason for beleiving that for one, the word "God" should be capalized, and why there is only one God, of course, there are MANY more reasons for why there is only one God. Just check out ONE of these blogs, you will find lots of the "secret meanings" I was talking about earlier:

goldenbible.wordpress.com
    gospelblog.net
    jesusworshipper.wordpress.com
  11. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    24 Aug '10 00:29
    I don't capitalise as a sign of respect so you cannot know what I am thinking.

Who else do you respect parents/Parents, friends/Friends, teachers/Teachers, police officers/Police Officers ???

Seems an odd use of grammar to me.
    Why not just say "I respect the god that I believe in" ... ? ... does the job.
    Yeah I know what you're thinking because you don't capitalize out of respect.

I capitalize out of my respect for God

Ok I respect The God I believe in
  12. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    24 Aug '10 02:022 edits
    I do no what I'm talking about, the first poster cheese fits in the creases in the celery that's proof of God's love for us, you said but God made bad things too, I said God didn't make "bad" things, he made things, and they're "bad" because of man's fall
    I said God didn't make "bad" things, he made things, and they're "bad" because of man's fall

Actually, what you seemed to say before is that such things are not "bad" (even after the fall of man because, you said, such things cannot be bad because they lack free will). Now you seem to be saying that such things are "bad" (and that their badness owes to man's fall). So, you seem to be sort of contradicting yourself.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Aug '10 02:15
    Originally posted by chesser321
    The reason for the captilization of the word "God" is to give respect to him, "god" is a more gernal term, usauly refering to statan in the bible.

That's why it's VERY important to captilize it, other wise your as good as saying, God and satan, are the same!!!

That's why we always use the non-capalized "version", like "gods" instead of "God", but t ...[text shortened]...

goldenbible.wordpress.com
    gospelblog.net
    jesusworshipper.wordpress.com
    Yeah you can capitalize or not.Next question. Be sure I'll know what you're talking about😉
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Aug '10 07:59
    For the flood to have covered the enter earth and even over the existing mountain tops then on the earth, it was no doubt flatter with more land surface then we have now.
    The earth was also covered by a dense cloud layer where much of the flood waters came from as well as underground reservi ...[text shortened]... he earth is already 70%+ flooded now. So flatten most of it out and it would be flooded today.
    So the flood happened about 4,500 years ago.
    And all the water erosion/attrition etc formed many geological features in such a short time?
    WOW
  15. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    24 Aug '10 13:05
    The earth was also covered by a dense cloud layer where much of the flood waters came from as well as underground reservi ...[text shortened]... he earth is already 70%+ flooded now. So flatten most of it out and it would be flooded today.
    !?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree