1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 20:04
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So you did a cut and paste job. Because he did work for Dow and got patents has nothing to do with his stance on creationism. If he tried his creationist tactics at Dow where you try to destroy other people's work instead of doing his own to build up science, he would have been fired forthwith, here is the door you creationist assshole, goodbye.

No, he ...[text shortened]... called Encylopedia of Loons:

http://americanloons.blogspot.com/2011/09/248-bruce-malone.html
    This appears to be a blogspot for ad hominem attacks with no real substance since about anyone that a liberal does not like could wind up there with various ad hominem attacks. I'm not impressed with your ad hominem attak either.
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 20:11
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    The laws of nature as we describe them are predictable and falsifiable.
    If the world suddenly stopped turning on its axis without any measurable influence, there isn't a scientist on the face of the planet who wouldn't claim supernatural forces were at play.
    True, but since that's never happened there's no reason to suppose there are any supernatural forces.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Jun '14 17:223 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Its called a volcano, and it is natural. Also, being 'natural' has nothing whatsoever to do with the frequency of its occurrence. If that were the case, the first computer would have been declared supernatural.
    Concerning Sodom and Gomorrah being proof of the Supernatural

MY QUESTION:

How often do we hear of fire and brimstone destroying cities?

YOUR ANSWER:

Its called a volcano, and it is natural.

MY RESPONSE:

A volcano produces lava. Chemically lava is made of the elements silicon, oxygen, aluminum, iron, magnesium, calcium, sodium, potassium, phosphorus, and titanium (plus other elements in very small concentrations.

http://volcano.oregonstate.edu/what-lava-made

Brimstone is an alternative name for sulfur.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brimstone

Sodom and Gomorrah- proof of the supernatural

YouTube

YouTube
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 Jun '14 17:582 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Brimstone is an alternative name for sulfur.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sulfur#Antiquity
    English translations of the Bible commonly referred to burning sulfur as "brimstone", giving rise to the name of 'fire-and-brimstone' sermons, in which listeners are reminded of the fate of eternal damnation that await the unbelieving and unrepentant. It is from this part of the Bible that Hell is implied to "smell of sulfur" (likely due to its association with volcanic activity).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volcanic_gas#Non-explosive_volcanic_gas_release
    At sites of advective gas loss, precipitation of sulfur and rare salts forms sulfur deposits and small sulfur chimneys, called fumaroles.

Notice the links between sulfur, volcanoes and pillars of salts?

Also
    Genesis 19:28
    28 and he looked down toward Sodom and Gomorrah, and toward all the land of the valley, and he saw, and behold, the smoke of the land ascended like the smoke of a furnace.

Clearly, Genesis is referring to volcanic activity. Not something supernatural. Its just that whenever there is a natural disaster there is some fool who thinks he can blame it on the immorality of the people and claim God is punishing them. It was true when Genesis was written, it is true today.
    Its not much different from the lies parents tell their kids to try and get them to behave: look, if you don't stop all that gay sex then the volcanoes will get you, see, it happened to Sodom and Gomorrah!

PS: I don't watch youtubes posted without explanation, and probably still wouldn't watch anything linked to by you even with an explanation.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Jun '14 19:00
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sulfur#Antiquity
    [quote]English translations of the Bible commonly referred to burning sulfur as "brimstone", giving rise to the name of 'fire-and-brimstone' sermons, in which listeners are reminded of the fate of eternal damnation that await the unbelieving and unrepentant. It is from this part of the Bible that Hell is impl ...[text shortened]... planation, and probably still wouldn't watch anything linked to by you even with an explanation.
    It was not a volcanic eruption that destroyed the two cites. Here is a link to a website with pictures that explains the evidence since you do not look at video.

http://www.discoverynews.us/DISCOVERY%20MUSEUM/BibleLandsDisplay/Sodom_and_Gomorrah/sodom_and_gomorrah_1.html
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Jun '14 09:02
    It was not a volcanic eruption that destroyed the two cites. Here is a link to a website with pictures that explains the evidence since you do not look at video.

http://www.discoverynews.us/DISCOVERY%20MUSEUM/BibleLandsDisplay/Sodom_and_Gomorrah/sodom_and_gomorrah_1.html
    And other fairy tales.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Jun '14 19:54
    And other fairy tales.
    What do you know about fairy tales. You can't even tell that a fish or ape evolving into a man is a fairy tale. You think that nonsense is proven fact by science, ha!

😏
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Jun '14 16:48
    What do you know about fairy tales. You can't even tell that a fish or ape evolving into a man is a fairy tale. You think that nonsense is proven fact by science, ha!

😏
    Gee, here we go again, fish into men. Apes into men.

Why do you debase yourself with such specious arguments that NO evolutionist claims?

Oh yeah, because in your demented self lobotomized paranoid tenth century young Earth creationist mind you think that is going to somehow win over people to your side.

So where are they?

I don't hear people beating down your door to hear your 'wisdom'.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Jun '14 19:48
    Gee, here we go again, fish into men. Apes into men.

Why do you debase yourself with such specious arguments that NO evolutionist claims?

Oh yeah, because in your demented self lobotomized paranoid tenth century young Earth creationist mind you think that is going to somehow win over people to your side.

So where are they?

I don't hear people beating down your door to hear your 'wisdom'.
    I must have convinced you, for you appear to no longer believe in the theory of evolution or EVILution.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Jun '14 19:54
    I must have convinced you, for you appear to no longer believe in the theory of evolution or EVILution.
    In your dreams. I said NOBODY says fish turn into men or apes turn into men.

The common ancestors turn into men over millions of years of evolution, the great great grandfather of all modern apes and man included coming from a multi million year old lineage.

You will never believe any of that, of course. That does not make it false, it just makes you look crazy as a loon, a pathetic throwback to the tenth century.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Jun '14 21:12
    In your dreams. I said NOBODY says fish turn into men or apes turn into men.

The common ancestors turn into men over millions of years of evolution, the great great grandfather of all modern apes and man included coming from a multi million year old lineage.

You will never believe any of that, of course. That does not make it false, it just makes you look crazy as a loon, a pathetic throwback to the tenth century.
    Do you believe this common idea of how evolution happened from the Science Channel?

Origin And Evolution Of Life

YouTube

The First Humans

YouTube

Evolution Of Modern Humans

YouTube
  12. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    15 Jun '14 21:27
    Proof of the Supernatural

Sodom & Gomorrah Found

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBSIs2bHi5g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTdAeCPoifk
    The title of this thread and what you are talking about is like comparring apples and oranges. (Note: I didn't bother going to that web sight for the read.) S & G, it's destruction, Fire from the heavens. Meteories, asteriod, take your pick.

Most of all Noah's Ark. Built by a man or men.

Supernatural to me would be more like the finger writing on the wall. Or the experiences of Elijiah.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Jun '14 00:072 edits
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    The title of this thread and what you are talking about is like comparring apples and oranges. (Note: I didn't bother going to that web sight for the read.) S & G, it's destruction, Fire from the heavens. Meteories, asteriod, take your pick.

Most of all Noah's Ark. Built by a man or men.

Supernatural to me would be more like the finger writing on the wall. Or the experiences of Elijiah.
    Meteorites and asteroids are not made of sulfur. Ashes and sulfur balls (brimstone) were all that were found at the cities, no evidence of lava, meteorites, or astroids.

If the survival of 8 people and many animals from a worldwide flood is not a miracle and evidence of the supernatural hand of God to you, then you can scratch that one. However, I still think it is.
  14. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    16 Jun '14 03:30
    Meteorites and asteroids are not made of sulfur. Ashes and sulfur balls (brimstone) were all that were found at the cities, no evidence of lava, meteorites, or astroids.

If the survival of 8 people and many animals from a worldwide flood is not a miracle and evidence of the supernatural hand of God to you, then you can scratch that one. However, I still think it is.
    RJ I know that God is real. But the terminology of supernatural i keep for somethings more expliced.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Jun '14 05:14
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    RJ I know that God is real. But the terminology of supernatural i keep for somethings more expliced.
    I am not sure what you mean. Which if any of these definitions are you referring to?

su·per·nat·u·ral

adjective

1. of, pertaining to, or being above or beyond what is natural; unexplainable by natural law or phenomena; abnormal.

2. of, pertaining to, characteristic of, or attributed to God or a deity.

3. of a superlative degree; preternatural: a missile of supernatural speed.

4. of, pertaining to, or attributed to ghosts, goblins, or other unearthly beings; eerie; occult.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/supernatural

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree