slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Dec '15 13:37
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Prophecy of the Mahdi

[youtube]xMbeE7ZScko[/youtube]
    Prophecy of Sonhouse:

Your prophecies are all bullshyte.

Just like your 'end days bullshyte', which has been ending for 2000 years, which your JC said (well it was written 50 years later) that the ending is coming SOON, not 2000 years later, but someone with your gullibility index would never see that.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Dec '15 06:28
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Prophecy of Sonhouse:

Just like your 'end days bullshyte', which has been ending for 2000 years, which your JC said (well it was written 50 years later) that the ending is coming SOON, not 2000 years later, but someone with your gullibility index would never see that.
    Soon is a relative term. There is no specific time period given. So the meaning of "soon" is determined from the viewpoint of the speaker, not the time period you think is soon.
  5. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    24 Dec '15 18:31
    Prophecy of Sonhouse:

The end is coming according to God's time, not man's.
    (2 Peter 3:8) However, do not let this escape your notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day.
    (Habakkuk 2:3) For the vision is yet for its appointed time, And it is rushing toward its end, and it will not lie. Even if it should delay, keep in expectation of it! For it will without fail come true. It will not be late!
    We do not know the day or hour but we know the season.
    It is still the day of goodwill toward man.
    Wouldn't it be wise to take advantage of it?
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Dec '15 19:10
    Originally posted by roigam
    I have never understood why people continue to ask such a dumb question.
    There are really only two possibilities:
    1. The person you are talking to is a Christian, and has already taken advantage of it.
    2. The person you are talking to is not a Christian and doesn't believe there is anything to be taken advantage of.
    Which group do you think you were addressing and why would you ask either group a question that has no reasonable answer from either group?
  7. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    25 Dec '15 02:13
    If you think about it, it is very reasonable.

For those who claim to be Christian, self examination is always good.
    (James 1:23-25) For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, this one is like a man looking at his own face in a mirror. 24 For he looks at himself, and he goes away and immediately forgets what sort of person he is. 25 But the one who peers into the perfect law that belongs to freedom and... continues... in it has become, not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work; and he will be happy in what he does.

For those who are not Christians, the Bible says:
    (Psalm 34:8) Taste and see that Jehovah is good; Happy is the man who takes refuge in him.

If a donkey came to your door with saddlebags full of gold for you, would you turn it down because it was brought by a donkey?
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Dec '15 03:25
    Soon is a relative term. There is no specific time period given. So the meaning of "soon" is determined from the viewpoint of the speaker, not the time period you think is soon.
    The bible wasn't referring to thousands of years unless you admit JC always used alliterative terms for things like "soon". It seems to me when he said soon he meant in a few, very few, years. But of course you are too brainwashed to believe otherwise.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Dec '15 03:28
    The end is coming according to God's time, not man's.
    (2 Peter 3:8) However, do not let this escape your notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day.
    (Habakkuk 2:3) For the vision is yet for its appointed time, And it is rushing toward its end, and it will not lie. Even if it should delay, keep in e ...[text shortened]... ason.
    It is still the day of goodwill toward man.
    So you get to cherry pick which bible passage you site. You wouldn't say to take Leviticus literally, kill your kids if they dis you and so forth, Christians don't have to abide by the OT. Except when they site a verse they think proves some esoteric point.

JC said 'Soon' and I am sure he meant 'soon' as in a few years max, not this BULLSHYTE 2000 years later, where every frigging generation comes up with the 'end days' mythology, which strangely enough never seems to happen.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Dec '15 06:221 edit
    The bible wasn't referring to thousands of years unless you admit JC always used alliterative terms for things like "soon". It seems to me when he said soon he meant in a few, very few, years. But of course you are too brainwashed to believe otherwise.
    Well, there were some things that did occur in just a few years. When Jesus said the wine was his blood and the bread was his body, he certainly did not mean that literally. It had a symbolic meaning. 😏
  11. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    25 Dec '15 19:45
    Well, there were some things that did occur in just a few years. When Jesus said the wine was his blood and the bread was his body, he certainly did not mean that literally. It had a symbolic meaning. 😏
    If you study Jesus' prophecies you can see that some referred to the 1st century but they also had fulfillment further in the future.

As an example:
    (Matthew 24:16) then let those in Ju·deʹa begin fleeing to the mountains.
    This occured in the 1st century (c. 66 C.E.) when the Roman armies attacked Jerusalem, retreated, then returned c. 70 C.E.
    This is 1st century specific.

But consider:
    (Matthew 24:29, 30) “Immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then the sign of the Son of man will appear in heaven, and all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in grief, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

There was no fulfillment of this part of Jesus' sign of things to occur during the 1st century so this extends his prophecies beyond that time period.
    When will it happen?
    We don't know the day and hour.
    Jesus said clearly:
    (Matthew 24:42) Keep on the watch, therefore, because you do not know on what day your Lord is coming.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Dec '15 21:07
    If you think about it, it is very reasonable.

For those who claim to be Christian, self examination is always good.
    But the question didn't ask for self examination.

If a donkey came to your door with saddlebags full of gold for you, would you turn it down because it was brought by a donkey?
    No. I might turn it down if I had to take the donkeys word for it that it was gold.

What about you? Have you accepted the gold that the Muslims are offering? No? Thought not. Time for some of that self examination.
  13. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    26 Dec '15 00:24
    So you get to cherry pick which bible passage you site. You wouldn't say to take Leviticus literally, kill your kids if they dis you and so forth, Christians don't have to abide by the OT. Except when they site a verse they think proves some esoteric point.

JC said 'Soon' and I am sure he meant 'soon' as in a few years max, not this BULLSHYTE 2000 years ...[text shortened]... generation comes up with the 'end days' mythology, which strangely enough never seems to happen.
    Sorry. The principles of the Hebrew Scriptures are as valid today as they were then.
    (Romans 15:4) For all the things that were written beforehand were written for our instruction, so that through our endurance and through the comfort from the Scriptures we might have hope.

As you mention how disrespectful children were dealt with in Leviticus. The same principle is used by Christians today.
    If children are incorigible, they are not put to death but may be marked by the Congregation as being not good association or if they are of age they may be disfellowshipped.
  14. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    26 Dec '15 00:262 edits
    To whitehead:
    I have found the source of all gold although I cannot possess it.
    Have you?
    Anyway, I have studied with a Sufi.
    Have you?
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Dec '15 05:47
    To whitehead:
    I have found the source of all gold although I cannot possess it.
    Have you?
    I have no need to find a source of gold that I cannot posses. What use is a donkey that tells you where the gold is but then tells you you can't have it? All you get is an annoying donkey.

Anyway, I have studied with a Sufi.
    Have you?

No. How is that relevant? You turned away the Sufis offer of gold didn't you? Thought so. Time for some self examination.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree