1. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    30 Dec '15 18:54
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I have no need to find a source of gold that I cannot posses. What use is a donkey that tells you where the gold is but then tells you you can't have it? All you get is an annoying donkey.

[b]Anyway, I have studied with a Sufi.
    Have you?

No. How is that relevant? You turned away the Sufis offer of gold didn't you? Thought so. Time for some self examination.[/b]
    It's relevant because Islam is not the true religion. It is counterfeit and I prefer the real thing.
    You obviously have not studied the Bible so you will take anything even fool's gold.
    You can have the real thing if you choose.
    My saying I could not have it ws a misstatement.
    We caan all have it because the Bible is fille with God's thoughts which are pure gold.
    He waants us to have it and has protected it down through the centuries for just that reason.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Dec '15 20:34
    Originally posted by roigam
    It's relevant because Islam is not the true religion.
    How does that make whether or not I have studied with Sufi relevant? How does it make the fact that you have studied with a Sufi relevant?

It is counterfeit and I prefer the real thing.
    But it is still gold according to your logic earlier in the thread, and you have still turned it down because it was brought by a donkey.

You obviously have not studied the Bible so you will take anything even fool's gold.
    Actually it was you that claimed I should take anything that comes to my door as gold even if I must take a donkeys word for it. Are you changing the story now that it turns out that you don't take your own advice?

You can have the real thing if you choose.
    When I see good reason to believe that what you have is gold, I will consider taking it. Until then, I will continue to consider what you have to offer to be fools gold, and I will continue to ask you why you would ask the question: 'Wouldn't it be wise to take advantage of it?' of someone you know believes that what you have to offer is fools gold?
    You yourself have clearly admitted that you will not take advantage of what you consider to be fools gold. Are you not wise, or have you seen the mistake you are making?
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Dec '15 05:235 edits
    Originally posted by roigam
    If you study Jesus' prophecies you can see that some referred to the 1st century but they also had fulfillment further in the future.

As an example:
    (Matthew 24:16) then let those in Ju·deʹa begin fleeing to the mountains.
    This occured in the 1st century (c. 66 C.E.) when the Roman armies attacked Jerusalem, retreated, then returned c. 70 C.E.
    This is ...[text shortened]... ew 24:42) Keep on the watch, therefore, because you do not know on what day your Lord is coming.
    Yes, I understand this, but sonhouse apparently does not.
    And He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up; and as was His custom, He entered the synagogue on the Sabbath, and stood up to read. And the book of the prophet Isaiah was handed to Him. And He opened the book and found the place where it was written,

“The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me,
    Because He anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor.
    He has sent Me to proclaim release to the captives,
    And recovery of sight to the blind,
    To set free those who are oppressed,
    To proclaim the favorable year of the Lord.”

And He closed the book, gave it back to the attendant and sat down; and the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on Him. And He began to say to them, “Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing.”

(Luke 4:16-21 NASB)

Jesus stops reading Isaiah 61 there because it continues with ...
    And the day of vengeance of our God...

This is yet to be fullfilled, possibly in our time. This is referred to as the wrath of God in Revelation 16. Also see Revelation 6:16-17, 14:19, and 19:15.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree