Prophets

Prophets

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
27 Sep 13

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage

I'm not if Jung - and Freud - count as prophets or not.
Karl Marx, however, indubitably does.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
27 Sep 13

I like Elijah because he smote people with fire.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
27 Sep 13

Karl Marx, however, indubitably does.
Marx's only value is as a chronicler, not as a prophet.

w

Moves
28 Sep 13

I'm interested in hearing who all y'all favourite prophets are and why. Bible prophets and any other prophets. What make you enjoy these prophets?

I am currently enjoying Ezekiel. Harold Bloom classes him as one of the greatest poets of all time. Well, he still sounds good in the Revised Standard edition, although I daresay much is lost. One day I'l ...[text shortened]... that they also exercised the creative mind of William Blake. For that I am grateful to Ezekiel.
Daniel is the man! 😠

Daniel 9:24-27 is an undisputed calendar to the coming of the Messiah. There is some dispute as to the exactness of the time line but all agree it is around the time of Jesus. Even rabbis, who rejected Jesus as Messiah, concluded in the Talmud that it pointed to the time of Jesus. Since they rejected him they concluded that the messiah must have delayed his coming due to the sinfulness of Israel. This speaks volumes. The very people that rejected Jesus verified the calendar as pointing to Jesus.

There are other impressive prophesies in Daniel, and in the Bible, but this by far takes the cake. There is no dispute that the text was written some 500 years before Jesus ever walked the earth.

w

Moves
28 Sep 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999
Daniel is one of my favourite. It has some interesting stuff about the last days. Many tie it in with Revelation. There is another prophet that makes interesting reading although it is not in the KJV but considered by some to be inspired writings ie the Book of Enoch.
People who don't know much about the Bible often conclude that Revelation does not belong in the Bible. However, what they dont' understand is that most of it is derived from Daniel.

w

Moves
28 Sep 13

Originally posted by rwingett
Marx's only value is as a chronicler, not as a prophet.
All Marx had to do was to read Plato. All of these utopian egaltarian ideas are as old as dirt, only, Plato had enough sence to know that these ideas would never work.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Sep 13

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
I like Elijah because he smote people with fire.
I like Elijah, but he did not smote anyone God did, but the thing I like
was after the fire came down from the sky and the prophets of Baal were
all killed, this happened.

1 Kings 19: 1 Now Ahab told Jezebel all that Elijah had done, and how he had slain all the prophets with the sword.

2 Then Jezebel sent a messenger unto Elijah, saying, The gods do so to me and more also, if I make not thy life like one of their lives by tomorrow this time.

3 When he saw that, he arose, and went for his life, and came to Beersheba, which is in Judah, and left his servant there.

He saw God act in a very powerful way, but still got scared when he
made the queen mad. So those of us who God uses for even great things
are still human and will act that way even after great victories. I like
how God dealt with him after that too, I draw comfort from God's
strength and compassion.
Kelly