1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 21:02
    Originally posted by chaney3
    The valid point here.

Ghost has a degree in theology. Ghost is an atheist.
    Ghost claims to have been an atheist 'before' studying theolgy and the Bible.
    I disagree!!!
    Ghost had an open mind during his studies. What happened?
    Ghost disagreed with Bible sense.
    If Ghost is a 'true atheist' because of Bible study, he should admit it. Why?

Because Ghos ...[text shortened]... od.

Maybe his God will not be the God of the Bible, but that may also be the opinion of many.
    Ghost claims to have been an atheist 'before' studying theology and the Bible.

There's no reason to doubt this. The bottom line is that GoaD enjoys winding people up, Goad enjoys being a troll. Look at the his posting history. There's very little of substance.

Look at what he recently posted:
    Did RE at A level and loved it. People are passionate when they discuss politics or religion. You just don't get that with Geography or French.

Pasted from <http://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/spirituality/john-2028.171314/page-2>

Evidently GoaD has enjoyed inflaming people's passions at least from the time of his studies if not before.

Because Ghost has repeatedly stated that he 'wants' to believe in God.

I suspect that a large part of the reason GoaD does this is to wind you up.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 21:05
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Disagree all you like sir. Not only was I an atheist before my studies, I was an atheist before starting primary school (Around the same time I stopped believing in Santa and the Hulk).

Although interested to learn about various religions, I didn't put my atheism in the refrigerator.
    What interests me, is atheists like yourself and sonhouse.

You both seem to keep an open mind towards the 'possibility' of a 'God', slash 'Creator', but it would NOT be the God that is portrayed in the Bible.

This is very significant.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 21:17

You both seem to keep an open mind towards the 'possibility' of a 'God', slash 'Creator', but it would NOT be the God that is portrayed in the Bible.

What do you think of my response to you at the top of this page?
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 21:21
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    [b]Ghost claims to have been an atheist 'before' studying theology and the Bible.

There's no reason to doubt this. The bottom line is that GoaD enjoys winding people up, Goad enjoys being a troll. Look at the his posting history. There's very little of substance.

Look at what he recently posted:
    [quote]Did RE at A level and loved it. People ar ...[text shortened]... lieve in God.[/b]

I suspect that a large part of the reason GoaD does this is to wind you up.[/b]
    You seem to have spent considerable time reading my posting history sir. Did you enjoy it while eating some fava beans and a nice chianti?

And (unsurprisingly) you missed the point entirely about politics and religion leading to passionate debate. In a university environment these debates were civilised and enthralling. It was not about inflaming, it was about people speaking with gusto about the things that really mattered to them. I suspect you have spent rather too long in internet forums and not enough time in further education.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 21:29

As I have said before sir, due to the current fragility of your faith, I really wouldn't give much time to atheists like sonhouse and myself. I have no desire to damage anyone's faith (and this is unlikely to happen with the majority of theists I encounter here).

If the bible isn't giving you what you need, then speak to someone in the real world who you trust and is knowledgeable about God.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 21:49
    As I have said before sir, due to the current fragility of your faith, I really wouldn't give much time to atheists like sonhouse and myself. I have no desire to damage anyone's faith (and this is unlikely to happen with the majority of theists I encounter here).

If the bible isn't giving you what you need, then speak to someone in the real world who you trust and is knowledgeable about God.
    Are you not well versed in 'God'?

Am I supoosed to find a priest who disagrees with you?

Most theists don't have your education.

Your point counts!!!
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 21:57
    You seem to have spent considerable time reading my posting history sir. Did you enjoy it while eating some fava beans and a nice chianti?

And (unsurprisingly) you missed the point entirely about politics and religion leading to passionate debate. In a university environment these debates were civilised and enthralling. It was not about inflaming, ...[text shortened]... pect you have spent rather too long in internet forums and not enough time in further education.
    Of course it's about "inflaming".

That's why trolls toll. That's why you troll.

You've been a troll since you started posting here and you continue to troll.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 22:01

Blimey, that's a whole lot of troll in one post.

You do realise you're talking to yourself, right?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 22:02

The dilemma with Ghost is that he doesn't believe in the 'Bible God', yet has admitted to the yearning to believe in 'a God'.

He should just admit that the Bible is his roadblock.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 22:09
    The dilemma with Ghost is that he doesn't believe in the 'Bible God', yet has admitted to the yearning to believe in 'a God'.

Not a yearning sir. But yes, of course i would like to believe in God.

There are a great many things i would like to believe in. But that doesn't make them so.
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 22:13

As I pointed out to you earlier, I suspect that he tells you this in order to wind you up. You keep getting wound up, so he keeps it up.

In the very first thread that I can remember him posting, he claimed to be a "neutral observer", yet subsequently made comments that betrayed a longtime disdain for JW beliefs.

He is what he is.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 22:14
    Not a yearning sir. But yes, of course i would like to believe in God.

There are a great many things i would like to believe in. But that doesn't make them so.
    Then remove the Bible.

Atheism does not explain creation.

Nor does science.
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 22:18
    Then remove the Bible.

Nor does science.
    GoaD is going to continue to "play" you, so long as you let him.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Jan '17 08:55
    GoaD is going to continue to "play" you, so long as you let him.
    Hypocrite.

As much as i disdain the word troll, you are clearly one of the most prolific on this site. You routinely attack the poster rather than addressing the post, usually when out argued by people who actually know what they are talking about. Your posting history is there for all to see, though should come with a health warning.

And your recent insinuation that I put myself through 3 years of study and 30 stressful examinations just to inflame Christians shows what a complete muppet you are and what little you know about what it means to be human.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Jan '17 08:58
    Then remove the Bible.

Nor does science.
    Atheism doesn't seek to explain creation.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree