Prove the trinity.......

Prove the trinity.......

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

l

Moves
20 Feb 17
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
I'm afraid I don't fully understand your question.
You have stated that the trinity doctrine is not scriptural. What is the trinity doctrine that you believe is not scriptural? Is it that the word trinity is not the bible or something more? It must be more than the absence of the word, no?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
20 Feb 17

Originally posted by FMF
Isn't believing in more than one god called polytheism?

Are you a polytheist?
You know we're not. We do not worship Jesus just as he told his followers not too. We only worship Jehovah....

F

Moves
20 Feb 17
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
You know we're not. We do not worship Jesus just as he told his followers not too. We only worship Jehovah....
But don't you believe that Jesus is "a god"?

l

Moves
20 Feb 17

According to jw lore, Jesus is mighty god, as opposed to Jehovah being almighty god.

Still two saviours whichever way one cuts it.
I would like to know own the difference between 'Almighty God' and 'mighty god', JW have an answer?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Feb 17
2 edits

Originally posted by josephw
Unbiblical nonsense.

There is no scriptural evidence to support the idea that one can love their way to eternal life.
Eternal life is a gift of God [also called the grace of God] which is the result of God sending his son to die for the sins of the world. Those who OBEY CHRIST and to those who FOLLOW THE COMMANDMENTS OF CHRIST, will receive this gift of eternal life. The chief commandment of Christ is to love your neighbour as yourself.. all the law and the prophets hang on this. Those who show brotherly love are born of God, those who do not does not know God.

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. (1 John 4:7-8 KJV)

Brotherly love / charity is greater than faith. Faith alone does not give eternal life. Faith alone is dead. Faith alone is what is preached by the churches. Good works and righteousness is condemned as being legalistic.

rc

Moves
20 Feb 17
3 edits

Originally posted by FMF
But don't you believe that Jesus is "a god"?
He believes that Satan is also 'a god' (described in the Bible as the god of the system) Does that mean that he also worships Satan by virtue of him being described as 'a god' if we extend your. . . .lets not call it logic, but flowery premise? I suspect that you have a rather one dimensional and non Biblical view of the term 'a god' inherited from previous incarnations of your spirituality, lets call it a remnant and what it conjures up in your mind and because of that you seek to project that narrow perspective as evidenced here by your somewhat nonsensical reasoning.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
20 Feb 17

According to jw lore, Jesus is mighty god, as opposed to Jehovah being almighty god.

Still two saviours whichever way one cuts it.
Sure you can say that. Jehovah is the Almighty God over all including his son. and was the creator of our life. All humans owe him their love and obedience.
Again with all the power he gave Jesus especially after his resurrection to heaven, he is powerful and can be called a god who is very loving towards all humans but especially to those who stand behind him and do exactly as he said..
And yes Jesus is our savior but he only has that title because his Father gave it to him.

F

Moves
20 Feb 17

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
He believes that Satan is also 'a god'...
So he believes that both "Satan" and "Jesus" are gods?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Feb 17
2 edits

We do not worship Jesus just as he told his followers not too.

Galveston, about how many years have we been posting to each other on this Forum ?
Is there anything I can write to you that I have pretty much not written to either you or robbie carrobie before ?

i worship the Lord Jesus as the whole universe is seeing God on the throne and the Lamb being worshipped together. Revelation 5:9-14 proves this universal worship of the Father and the Son.

" And they sing a new song, saying: You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals, for You [Christ] were slain and have purchased for God by Your blood men out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation.

And have made them a kingdom and priests to our God; and they will reign on the earth. (v.10)

And I saw, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne and of the living creatures and of the elders, and their number was ten thousands of ten thousands and thousands and thousands, (v.11)

saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb who has been slain to receive the power and riches and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and blessing. (v.12)

And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and on the sea and all things in them, I heard saying, To Him who sits upon the throne and to the Lamb be the blessing and the honor and the glory and the might forever and ever, (v.13)

And the four living creatures said, Amen. And the elders fell down and worshipped." (v.14)

That is universal worshipped of Jesus Christ as well as the Father. No one could deny this seriously.

"And every creature which is in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea and all things in them, I heard saying,

To Him Who sits upon the throne ... AND TO THE LAMB ... be the blessing and the honor and the glory and the might forever and ever. "

Moves
20 Feb 17

Originally posted by leunammi
You have stated that the trinity doctrine is not scriptural. What is the trinity doctrine that you believe is not scriptural? Is it that the word trinity is not the bible or something more? It must be more than the absence of the word, no?
Well I've been discussing it vociferously in this forum for the last 9 years or so; are you seriously saying you have not read any of my posts on it? What about the humours posts by me in this thread, have you read all of those. What about the active thread by Galveston on the trinity, have you read any of my posts in there?

Moves
20 Feb 17
2 edits

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
He believes that Satan is also 'a god' (described in the Bible as the god of the system) Does that mean that he also worships Satan by virtue of him being described as 'a god' if we extend your. . . .lets not call it logic, but flowery premise? I suspect that you have a rather one dimensional and non Biblical view of the term 'a god' inherited from ...[text shortened]... eek to project that narrow perspective as evidenced here by your somewhat nonsensical reasoning.
Oh Satan is a god now is he...does that make me a Son of god?

Moves
20 Feb 17

Originally posted by FMF
So he believes that both "Satan" and "Jesus" are gods?
But only Jesus is a saviour.
Along with Jehovah, who is a separate savour.
Jesus is also an angel. So is satan.

Moves
20 Feb 17

Sure you can say that. Jehovah is the Almighty God over all including his son. and was the creator of our life. All humans owe him their love and obedience.
Again with all the power he gave Jesus especially after his resurrection to heaven, he is powerful and can be called a god who is very loving towards all humans but especially to those who stand b ...[text shortened]... id..
And yes Jesus is our savior but he only has that title because his Father gave it to him.
So you have two saviours. Robbie admitted this to me a couple of years ago.

And yet how do you cope with Jehovah saying, many, many times in the Bible that there is absolutely no saviour besides him?

Moves
20 Feb 17

Originally posted by leunammi
I would like to know own the difference between 'Almighty God' and 'mighty god', JW have an answer?
Not one that anyone other than other JWs would align with.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Feb 17

So you have two saviours. Robbie admitted this to me a couple of years ago.

And yet how do you cope with Jehovah saying, many, many times in the Bible that there is absolutely no saviour besides him?
The same way a Bible reader must cope with what appears to be contradictions between the law of Moses given to the Jews and the law of Christ given to both Jews and Gentiles.

At the time God said there was no saviour beside him there was in fact none other. Jesus the Son of God was manifested [some time after that statement] to become a saviour of the world.