1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 18:01
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Well thank you for actually having the courage to actually admit it for the first time - and of course you are being honest, why would you lie about it. The reason I asked, as you know, is that I also honestly, believe your church to be a cult. OK not the suicide type of cult, but a cult in that one has to "join", to subscribe to, in order to gain access ...[text shortened]...

What is that name? And who is your saviour? JESUS.

Deaf ears I know. Peace to you anyway.
    I know your viewpoint. You are wrong as you clump us into some box you don't like about religions but that's your viewpoint only.
    Now even though you say you don't believe in the trinity, why should I and can you prove to me why I should?
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 20:39
    Does anyone remember these scriptures which were to Jesus's followers? Remember these relate to teaching ones about the things Jesus taught his followers who in turn were to teach others.
    Were they taught to teach some vague explainable teaching which no one could understand including themselves? Did Jesus ever once teach anything like the trinity to them ever? Let the bible answer and see the point of needing accurate knowledge in all these scriptures as we teach others...

2 Timothy 3:17
    so that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.

1 Timothy 2:4
    whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth.

Romans 3:20
    Therefore, no one will be declared righteous before him by works of law, for by law comes the accurate knowledge of sin.

2 Peter 1:2
    May undeserved kindness and peace be increased to you by an accurate knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord,

2 Timothy 2:25
    instructing with mildness those not favorably disposed. Perhaps God may give them repentance leading to an accurate knowledge of truth,

Hebrews 10:26
    For if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left,

Ephesians 1:17
    that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the accurate knowledge of him.

Philippians 1:9
    And this is what I continue praying, that your love may abound still more and more with accurate knowledge and full discernment;

Colossians 3:10
    and clothe yourselves with the new personality, which through accurate knowledge is being made new according to the image of the One who created it,

These scriptures explain that accurate knowledge is what will prevail with his followers.

Do these scriptures explain the trinity's explanations that so many attempt to give?

2 Timothy 3:7
    always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth.

Romans 10:2
    For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to accurate knowledge.

So what do the teachers of the trinity confess about the trinity? Stand by.....
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 21:26
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Answer my question.......if you can.
    You want me to prove to you that your everlasting life depends on believing and accepting the trinity... if I can?
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 21:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    You want me to prove to you that your everlasting life depends on believing and accepting the trinity... if I can?
    No just prove the trinity to me..And it has to make sense and agree with ALL the bible.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 21:31
    Does anyone remember these scriptures which were to Jesus's followers? Remember these relate to teaching ones about the things Jesus taught his followers who in turn were to teach others.
    Were they taught to teach some vague explainable teaching which no one could understand including themselves? Did Jesus ever once teach anything like the trinity to ...[text shortened]... e knowledge.

So what do the teachers of the trinity confess about the trinity? Stand by.....
    Ten out of the eleven verses of scripture you cited contain the words "accurate knowledge". Does that mean you, in your own mind at least, have provided scriptural evidence that whatever it is you are going on about is "accurate knowledge"?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 21:32
    No just prove the trinity to me..And it has to make sense and agree with ALL the bible.
    Why are you asking me to "prove the trinity" to you?
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 22:28
    Prove to me that my everlasting life depends on believing and accepting the trinity. The churches say it is a must, my baptist cousins say it is a must, some here say it is a must...so, lets hear it if you care about me as a human who will burn forever in hell if you don't prove it to me.
    Bottom line what salvation is from what you believe please. NOT asking you to prove it, just state it.
  8. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 23:23
    Jesus bailed. The world is right here.

Toss the bible, it provides nothing that we cannot get without it. Grow up, people!
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Feb '17 00:45
    Originally posted by FMF
    Ten out of the eleven verses of scripture you cited contain the words "accurate knowledge". Does that mean you, in your own mind at least, have provided scriptural evidence that whatever it is you are going on about is "accurate knowledge"?
    I think I'm the one who posted the challenge. If you can't, I'm not answering question about my belief, I'm asking about yours...
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Feb '17 00:46
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Bottom line what salvation is from what you believe please. NOT asking you to prove it, just state it.
    Sorry but your wrong on that.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Feb '17 00:47
    Originally posted by apathist
    Jesus bailed. The world is right here.

Toss the bible, it provides nothing that we cannot get without it. Grow up, people!
    Oh your so wrong on that buddy.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Feb '17 00:54
    Sorry but your wrong on that.
    Ah, really? I asked you to state what you believe, and I am wrong on that?
  13. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Feb '17 01:28
    Prove to me that my everlasting life depends on believing and accepting the trinity. The churches say it is a must, my baptist cousins say it is a must, some here say it is a must...so, lets hear it if you care about me as a human who will burn forever in hell if you don't prove it to me.
    Proving the Trinity is a mater of faith, and understanding Jewish scripture in a literal translation. The Jews won't prove a Trinity, But they knew God was One yet there was the Spirit of God and the Presents of God - the Two are One.

As for your second part - Jesus says it best - to love God and love your neighbor as yourself. And this is what is pleasing to God. Jesus never says in the scripture that ever lasting life depends on any belief, it depends on how you love.

"Love one another as I have loved you" . If you Love others, even strangers, then God lives in you.

And as far as I'm concerned, I don't care if a person is Atheist, Muslim, Christian or what ever. There are many, from all walks of life in Heaven because they Loved.
  14. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    20 Feb '17 01:55
    Oh your so wrong on that buddy.
    Because why now? You did not offer any explanation, I think because you had none.
  15. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    20 Feb '17 01:57
    you're, not your

Not a deal-breaker, but it is indicative.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree