1. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 13:061 edit
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Well going by the fact that you said you were going to stop taking them soon, I'm going to hazard that you are.
    Well I don't have a choice about it being on the compulsory mental health act. I get a resperidone injection every fortnight. I don't have a mental illness but a traumatic brain injury that causes me to have problems with noise among many other problems like getting the right words out sentences etc. Medications never changed nothing for me. Shifting to a quieter place where I'm not going to flip out from the torture did.
  2. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 13:45
    I first went to mental health looking for help after two of my friends killed themselves in a space of 2 weeks, one by pills and the other jumped into a noose and broke his neck. Over 10 people killed themselves in that month around the neighborhood.

I was put on Olanzapine voluntarily which made me have extreme problems having a shyt. For about 1 year I would end up on the floor of the toilet in severe pain. Unbeknown to me the meds were causing the problem till I stopped them. I would sometimes have stomach pains for a few days after a bad session and just lay in bed in pain trying not to eat. One time I even blacked out whilst leaving the toilet and fell into a large painting on the wall in the hallway smashing the glass with my head on the way to the floor. A friend of my mothers on the same drug was having the same problems where unlike me she went for help. She was diagnosed with IBS and died on an operating table.

Once I realized what was going on I stopped the meds and the problem disappeared immediately. It wasn't until I had to move out of where I was living at short notice that I ran into problems.
    The place I shifted to was noisy as hell and I was flipping out because of the noise and the police were involved a number of times which is when I ended up under the mental health act and on the injection for the past about 6 years.
    I get knocked out to sleep every two weeks and just went I start to feel alive I get knocked out again.
    I have extreme problems with over heating, especially during the summer. I do not even put my hot water on because I am having constant cold showers during the day and night to lower my body temperature which goes totally ignored by any psychiatrist I have dealt with. I wake up during the summer covered in sweat and it is painful to be having a cold shower in the middle of the night but that is the only way to deal with it.
    I had to go to court 3 times and be treated like a criminal. They made up a lot of lies like I have links to terrorists and a history of violence against the police. I was made out to be excessively crazy and then excessively well when medicated but the truth is not much changed because of the meds. I know this for fact because of my rating in poker which improved considerably due to the quiet places I have lived. There was no super-human change being medicated or not medicated it stayed the same.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 14:56
    Originally posted by sonship
    That's right. My mistake - not the OP he cannot understand the English of. He can't understand the English of this -

There's a belief in well-being through their medications or gods which are worshiped excessively when the fact is they make you subhuman if you ever meet anyone on their medications whose natural drugs have been exterminated. It's a ...[text shortened]... who do not believe.

Whether I agree completely is another matter.
    I understand it.
    I think you are being a little naive in your posting here. Although you are an authority on a number of subjects, this is not one of them.

Medications are prescribed by professionals based on diagnosis. the poster in the OP is better advised to heed the advice of such professionals who are not pretending to be gods, nor do they worship the medications they prescribe. Believe it or not, they are actually trying to help people struggling with their mental health.

Your woolly response doesn't aid the OP in regards to his own mental health insight.
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 15:41
    Any connection to r.d. Laing?

Ronald David Laing (7 October 1927 – 23 August 1989), usually cited as R. D. Laing, was a Scottish psychiatrist who wrote extensively on mental illness – in particular, the experience of psychosis. Laing's views on the causes and treatment of serious mental dysfunction, greatly influenced by existential philosophy, ran counter to the psychiatric orthodoxy of the day by taking the expressed feelings of the individual patient or client as valid descriptions of lived experience rather than simply as symptoms of some separate or underlying disorder. Laing was associated with the anti-psychiatry movement, although he rejected the label.[2] Politically, he was regarded as a thinker of the New Left.[3]

End quote from Wikipedia
  5. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Apr '17 13:15
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I think you are being a little naive in your posting here. Although you are an authority on a number of subjects, this is not one of them.

Medications are prescribed by professionals based on diagnosis. the poster in the OP is better advised to heed the advice of such professionals who are not pretending to be gods, nor do they worship the medicat ...[text shortened]... health.

Your woolly response doesn't aid the OP in regards to his own mental health insight.
    They are prescribed on the beliefs held. It is through their/your faith not any form of medical tests that are done. Any legitimate doctor can give a test such as a brain scan or blood tests to prove an illness but a psychiatrist has belief, only. Their patient is then expected to trust them in their medications which give severe side effects, some are permanent.

I never said the psych was the god, you made that up. I said the meds were treated as gods and worshiped excessively which in general most psychiatrists I have run into do. If it wasn't for the medications that make their patients usless pieces of shyt incapable of even having coherent conversations, they wouldn't have a job in their fake medical practice.
  6. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Apr '17 13:321 edit
    When I had my first of 2 stays in the mental hospital because psychiatrists are kidnappers who think they own people and know best I was in there with young women. All she did was sleep the entire time because of these magical meds. She escaped one night and made her way to a bridge where she was planning to jump to escape the abuse that these fake doctors caused. Luckily the police caught her on the bridge and brought her back.

The next day a recent escapee of the mental health abuse system went to the same bridge jumped into the river and is now dead where by my guess it happened because of drug relapse like any other druggie in life. This goes totally ignored by any psychiatrist in the fake belief that it was because they weren't being treated for MI not that they had just caused his death by not dealing with the effects that are gonna happen when you stop these execution drugs. And these psychs think they are helping people.

I was told by a nurse that was injecting me an injection costs $800. So each month mental health spends about $1600 of tax payers money on one person, me... so we can become incapable of living with the only opt out clause of death by suicide.
  7. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Apr '17 13:581 edit
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3705994

relpase rate of 81 percent! why?? No fault of your own??

... because you fund big pharma over our dead bodies.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Apr '17 14:48
    Originally posted by Executioner Brand
    They are prescribed on the beliefs held. It is through their/your faith not any form of medical tests that are done. Any legitimate doctor can give a test such as a brain scan or blood tests to prove an illness but a psychiatrist has belief, only. Their patient is then expected to trust them in their medications which give severe side effects, some ...[text shortened]... of even having coherent conversations, they wouldn't have a job in their fake medical practice.
    I don't prescribe medication based on faith. I prescribe medication based on training and research. (Not my own research I hasten to add). I think this is where your analogy, of medication being worshipped, breaks down. There is no 'miracle drug' and medication is usually just one cog in the wheel of somebody getting their life back on track.

And yes, side effects can be an issue with such medication, but then an untreated mental health problem causes issues of its own.
  9. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    13 Apr '17 15:17
    Psychiatry is a 'soft' science. Not built upon or derived from physics, I think that means.

Religion is politicalized spirituality. Separate subjects.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Apr '17 15:47
    They are prescribed on the beliefs held. It is through their/your faith not any form of medical tests that are done. Any legitimate doctor can give a test such as a brain scan or blood tests to prove an illness but a psychiatrist has belief, only. Their patient is then expected to trust them in their medications which give severe side effects, some are permanent.
    Lets get this clear. Are you saying that the patients have no symptoms? Or are you saying symptoms are insufficient for diagnosis? If the patient is perfectly fine, what is he doing consulting a psychiatrist?

From what I know about psychiatrists, they don't claim to have all the answers, but some medications do help patients. I have a relative with schizophrenia and other who is bipolar. Neither is curable as far as I know, but in both cases, medication seems to help. In my personal experience with normal doctors, they can't always find out what is wrong with you, and try different medications in the hope it will work. I don't blindly trust my doctor, but I recognise that they often know a lot more medically than I do. But if I am convinced they are wrong about the diagnosis, I do something about it. If you are unhappy with a psychiatrist's prescription, then you can do your own research into it, and also get a second opinion. I don't think the medication will be forced on you unless you are in a psychiatric hospital. But unless you can confidently say you have done the research and learned the necessary science, you would be wise to listen to the psychiatrists.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Apr '17 16:51
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Lets get this clear. Are you saying that the patients have no symptoms? Or are you saying symptoms are insufficient for diagnosis? If the patient is perfectly fine, what is he doing consulting a psychiatrist?

From what I know about psychiatrists, they don't claim to have all the answers, but some medications do help patients. I have a relative with sch ...[text shortened]... he research and learned the necessary science, you would be wise to listen to the psychiatrists.
    Nice post.

Some people may be under a CTO (Community Treatment Order) whereby if they are not compliant with taking prescribed medication can be taken back into hospital. - CTOs are only for a defined period of time though and are not all that common.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Apr '17 17:401 edit
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3705994

relpase rate of 81 percent! why??
    According to the reference you gave, it was because they stopped taking medication. That seems to contradict your whole argument here.
    The title of the article is:
    "Schizophrenic relapse after drug withdrawal is predictable." That doesn't actually mean that stopping taking drugs predicts the relapse, but rather that it is possible to predict a relapse by observing symptoms. This too seems to contradict your claim that psychiatrists are just acting on belief and not actual scientific methods and diagnosis.
  13. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Apr '17 20:401 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I don't prescribe medication based on faith. I prescribe medication based on training and research. (Not my own research I hasten to add). I think this is where your analogy, of medication being worshipped, breaks down. There is no 'miracle drug' and medication is usually just one cog in the wheel of somebody getting their life back on track.

And ...[text shortened]... ssue with such medication, but then an untreated mental health problem causes issues of its own.
    If you have a broken bone in your body. A real doctor can ask for x-rays to be done and then see/show this proof of what he at first suspected. He can then treat the illness by putting it in a cast and prove again the healing that has taken place by doing more x-rays.

You on the other hand may believe a person has a mental illness like bi-polar, schizophrenia, depression or any other classification cage you may put a person in. You are not able to do any sort of MRI, CT, X-ray or any other form of medical tests to prove an illness. Because you do NOT have any sort of scientific proof it relies totally on your second-hand faith through the beliefs found in your training and research of other fake doctors/researchers like you.

You also live by faith that you are healing these people with your medications(gods) and you know this how? Again, not through any tests or real proof but your faith in the beliefs of others and your med gods. This and spending 15-30 mins every 6 months with a patient.

You are telling me medications aren't worshiped. If they are not worshiped why is there not one government-funded psychiatrist that does not prescribe medications? Why are BILLIONS of dollars being spent on medications without even having one ounce of scientific proof? You worship it like hell because without them you wouldn't have a job.

You have NO proof people suffer a mental illness and NO proof you are healing them. And when you stop giving/forcing people with your medications you leave them to relapse alone without attending the effects that any other druggie in life may experience when giving up their habit. How many people have you murdered in your fake job or do you have faith you are healing them, only?
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Apr '17 20:47
    You have NO proof people suffer a mental illness ....
    I have a relative who is schizophrenic. I don't need medical or scientific proof. I know for a fact that he has a mental illness. I have another relative who is bipolar. I know for a fact that he has a mental illness. I also know that I am not qualified to help either of them, so if they were in my care, I would defer to a medical professional.
  15. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Apr '17 20:532 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I have a relative who is schizophrenic. I don't need medical or scientific proof. I know for a fact that he has a mental illness. I have another relative who is bipolar. I know for a fact that he has a mental illness. I also know that I am not qualified to help either of them, so if they were in my care, I would defer to a medical professional.
    I didn't ask for your beliefs. I said he has no proof.

You sure the problem is not they abused by people like you or they are doing drugs? It is of little surprise there is what you believe to be mental illness in your family or the way your faith would cause you to deal with it. You look like a victim blamer to me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree