1. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 11:42
    Originally posted by Executioner Brand
    When did I have a psychotic episode?
    Why are you asking me? Do you have memory issues as well?
  2. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 11:45
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Why are you asking me? Do you have memory issues as well?
    No I think u have psychic misunderstandings.
  3. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 11:49
    No I think u have psychic misunderstandings.
    Psychic misunderstandings eh? How does that manifest then?
  4. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 11:551 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    Could you help poor twhitehead to understand the English of the OP then ?
    Why would I need to? twhitehead has no problem understanding the OP. He had a problem with what was posted in response to my post.
  5. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 11:55
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Psychic misunderstandings eh? How does that manifest then?
    Am I taking my meds?
  6. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 12:00
    And also in the church of many believers they say you have a problem with your brain but they have no way of proving it through any test... just this belief and faith.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 12:09
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    Why would I need to? twhitehead has no problem understanding the OP. He had a problem with what was posted in response to my post.
    That's right. My mistake - not the OP he cannot understand the English of. He can't understand the English of this -

There's a belief in well-being through their medications or gods which are worshiped excessively when the fact is they make you subhuman if you ever meet anyone on their medications whose natural drugs have been exterminated. It's a government funded church which is as delusional as any other religion but forced onto many people who do not believe.

Of course all his English prose is always completely free from errors.

Oh, I didn't say I agree with this clumsy paragraph in every detail. I think I understand the case being made.

Here you go -

He means

There's a belief in well-being. This well-being is through the medication of those who hold this belief. They consider those medications as gods which are worshiped excessively. But the fact is that they make you subhuman. This can be verified when you ever meet anyone on their medications whose natural drugs have been exterminated.

It's [the general institutionalized philosophy] is a government funded church which is as delusional as any other religion but forced onto many people who do not believe.

Whether I agree completely is another matter.
    I understand it.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 12:17
    And also in the church of many believers they say you have a problem with your brain but they have no way of proving it through any test... just this belief and faith.
    Well, not to change your subject, but the New Testament DOES tell Christians to TEST and prove the validity of their faith.

" TEST YOURSELVES whether you are in the faith; prove yourselves. Or do you not realize about yourselves that Jesus Christ is in you, unless you are disapproved?" (2 Cor. 13:5)

The Apostle is instructing the believers to prove the object of their faith by testing.
    Here again is a similar instruction.

" And do not be fashioned according to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and well pleasing and perfect. " (Romans 12:2)

Paul is saying allow God to renew your mind, keeping you from being squeezed into the world's mold, but rather be transformed. In this way you will prove that God is and His will is good and perfect and well pleasing.
  9. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 12:29
    That's right. My mistake - not the OP he cannot understand the English of. He can't understand the English of this -

There's a belief in well-being through their medications or gods which are worshiped excessively when the fact is they make you subhuman if you ever meet anyone on their medications whose natural drugs have been exterminated. It's a ...[text shortened]... who do not believe.

Whether I agree completely is another matter.
    I understand it.
    Actually, I would not agree with the first two sentences of your 'translation'.

Whether I am right, or you are, does not really matter. It makes twhitehead's point perfectly.
  10. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 12:352 edits
    What part do you have problems with?

Medications are a psychiatrist's worshiped god which they believe have super-human powers.
    here was my translation of the church for him.

at least JC didn't electrocute people's brains to heal the sick of diseases that rely totally on faith and belief.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 12:392 edits
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    Actually, I would not agree with the first two sentences of your 'translation'.

Whether I am right, or you are, does not really matter. It makes twhitehead's point perfectly.
    Then it is not translation into English needed but interpretation of awkward English.

So to say "Translate it into English" is just a mean spirited comment that could have been just as effectively stated as "Clarify this paragraph". Right ?

He, harps on my alledged bad behaviour here, you see.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 12:442 edits
    here was my translation of the church for him.

at least JC didn't electrocute people's brains to heal the sick of diseases that rely totally on faith and belief.
    This means something to me because my mother had to authorize her mother to be treated with electric shocks for depression or something. Her mother died in the process of these medically administered electric shocks.

Just letting you know that the issue does touch on some personal family experience. My mother was only a young lady when that happened. i think she carried the weight of that for much of the rest of her life.

A point ... at least ... you have.
    How far to take the point is a discussion I assume you came armed to debate.
  13. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 12:48
    This means something to me because my mother had to authorize her mother to be treated with electric shocks for depression or something. Her mother [b]died in the process of these medically administered electric shocks.

Just letting you know that the issue does touch on some personal family experience. My mother was only a young lady when that happ ...[text shortened]... ast ... you have.
    How far to take the point is a discussion I assume you came armed to debate.[/b]
    they still electrocute people in my country and it is also a forced treatment that causes brain injury not a cure as the church believes.
  14. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 12:57
    Then it is not translation into English needed but interpretation of awkward English.

So to say "Translate it into English" is just a mean spirited comment that could have been just as effectively stated as "Clarify this paragraph". Right ?

He, harps on my alledged bad behaviour here, you see.
    I think both Executioner Brand and twhitehead have issues with self-expression, but they are very different issues.

I am not here enough to know whether Executioner Brand and twhitehead have crossed paths before, but either way it seems fairly mild stuff compared to what people tend to lob at each other on these forums.
  15. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    12 Apr '17 12:59
    Am I taking my meds?
    Well going by the fact that you said you were going to stop taking them soon, I'm going to hazard that you are.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree