1. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    21 Sep '09 20:36
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    "in the beging the world was void,"

If you by 'world' you mean Universe, then the BigBang theory says otherwise. In the extreme fraction of a second after the 'bang' the universe was very small, and the energy and matter filled up everything. There was just no room for any vacuum (=void). As the Universe expanded (long after, i.e. more than million of ...[text shortened]... ot called science, then the beginning of the world can be whatever, spiritually speaking.
    But what preceded the Big Bang?

Perhaps there was this total void and out if it came this sudden explosion of matter and energy -- Let there be Light!!

Or perhaps there was something (like a previous universe) that preceded the Big Bang - and if there was, is there any way we could scientifically know anything about it?
  2. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    23 Sep '09 03:45
    I was reading that a big explosion does not quite cover the big bang. It was more like a big of expansion of everything. Time & space and all matter expanding outward into a void of absolute nothing.

Manny
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '09 03:46
    Originally posted by menace71
    I was reading that a big explosion does not quite cover the big bang. It was more like a big of expansion of everything. Time & space and all matter expanding outward into a void of absolute nothing.

Manny
    Not into anything, not into a preexisting void. The space itself expanded. There was nothing outside this universe.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree