1. Standard memberCalJustonline
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    20 Jan '12 08:13
    I have a dilemma - on the one hand I am committed to love and support any brother in Christ, but on the other hand, we are explicitly warned against imposters. (I'm sure you know the verses.)

For this reason Jesus urges us to judge others by their fruits. (Mt 7, 20)

It has been stated that you may be an atheist trolling as Christian in order to bring Christianity into disrepute.

Admittedly, RHP is a very small window to judge your fruit - we cannot see you at home, at work or in your society. However, it is the only window that we have.

Could you therefore please answer this simple question:

Which of the Fruits of the Spirit from Gal 5 do you feel that you are exhibiting on RHP?

Love
    Joy
    Peace
    Patience
    Kindness
    Goodness
    Faithfulness
    Gentleness
    Self-control

In peace,

CJ
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '12 09:13
    Originally posted by CalJust
    Which of the Fruits of the Spirit from Gal 5 do you feel that you are exhibiting on RHP?

Love
    Joy
    Peace
    Patience
    Kindness
    Goodness
    Faithfulness
    Gentleness
    Self-control
    I find your approach admirable, CJ.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jan '12 09:32
    I have a dilemma - on the one hand I am committed to love and support any brother in Christ, but on the other hand, we are explicitly warned against imposters. (I'm sure you know the verses.)

It has been stated that you may be an atheist trolling as Christian in order to bring C ...[text shortened]... ce
    Patience
    Kindness
    Goodness
    Faithfulness
    Gentleness
    Self-control[/i]

In peace,

CJ
    While not wanting to subject RJH to another 'witch-hunt', have you considered the
    works of 'the flesh', also mentioned in the same chapter of Galations, in the immediate
    context,

(Galatians 5:19-21)  Now the works of the flesh are manifest . . . . enmities, strife,
    jealousy, fits of anger, contentions, divisions, sects,  envies. . . .and things like these. . .
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '12 09:39
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    While not wanting to subject RJH to another 'witch-hunt', have you considered the works of 'the flesh', also mentioned in the same chapter of Galations, in the immediate context...
    Another 'witch-hunt'? Interesting choice of word, robbie. Do you feel that members of the community seek to persecute RJHinds and in doing so use extreme methods with little or no regard to his actual innocence or guilt?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Jan '12 09:41

It has been stated that you may be an atheist trolling as Christian in order to bring C ...[text shortened]... ce
    Patience
    Kindness
    Goodness
    Faithfulness
    Gentleness
    Self-control[/i]

In peace,

CJ
    You are the one that should be doing the judging to make your own decision.
    It is human nature for one to sugar-coat his own self-image. A person is not
    so quick to point out his short-comings. I think my five children are a good
    indication of my fruit also. But I will make a comment on each of these
    fruits that you mentioned from my point of view. I feel I have exhibited all
    these fruits in varied amounts on RHP.

Love - I love everyone with whom I have had conversations on RHP in varied
    degrees, some less than others, but I hate none of them. I spend time to
    show my love to all who will listen to the truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Joy - I exhibit joy by joking and accepting jokes at my expense, without
    getting angry, even though I do feel disappointed and dejected at times in
    the same way Dasa must.

Peace - Certainly, as a 20 year veteran of the US Military I have shown a
    commitment to help bring peace to the world. Sometimes war is needed
    to help bring peace, diplomacy does not always work.

Patience - I don't rate myself too high on patience, but I gained a measure
    of patience with all the times in the military where I was required to
    "hurry up and wait".

Kindness - I have shown kindness over the years by helping people out on
    the street by giving them money and food. I have donated money, time,
    and blood to help those less fortunate, as well as those just in need of one
    time help.

Goodness - Jesus said no one was good, but God. But I think my goodness
    would rank in the top half of all people.

Faithfulness - I think my wife would say I was faithful, since we are coming
    up on our 45th wedding anniversery in April. She can't accuse me of adultry,
    for it never happened.

Gentleness - Again, I never beat my wife. Ha, ha.

Self-control - If I did not have some self-control, I would not have lasted
    20 years in the military or been able to keep from beating my wife. Ha, ha.

Regardless of what you think of my fruits, do not forget to check everything
    I say against the scriptures to make sure I speak the truth.

Peace be with you too,
    In the name of our Lord Christ Jesus. HalleluYah !!!

Ron
  6. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    20 Jan '12 09:491 edit

Patience
    Kindness
    Goodness
    Faithfulness
    Gentleness
    Self-control[/i]

In peace,

CJ
  7. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    20 Jan '12 09:51

Patience
    Kindness
    Goodness
    Faithfulness
    Gentleness
    Self-control[/i]

In peace,

CJ
    Who made the statement that RJH may be an atheist? Asking out of curiosity.
  8. Joined
    12 Oct '09
    Moves
    20 Jan '12 09:52
    Regardless of what you think of my fruits, do not forget to check everything
    I say against the scriptures to make sure I speak the truth.

Peace be with you too,
    In the name of our Lord Christ Jesus. HalleluYah !!!

Ron[/b]
    I am intrigued to know how by checking the scriptures, I can confirm that you speak the truth
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Jan '12 10:02
    Originally posted by deenny
    I am intrigued to know how by checking the scriptures, I can confirm that you speak the truth
    I am glad to hear that you are intrigued. Maybe, that will give you the
    incentive to read and study the scriptures to see if what I have said about
    them is backed up in the Holy Bible. If not, forget what I say and start
    your ridicule.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '12 10:05
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    Who made the statement that RJH may be an atheist? Asking out of curiosity.
    The hypothesis that RJHinds behaves like he does and addresses people the way he does because he is a 'satirist' of sorts, seeking to 'damage' the image of Christians on this forum, has been put forward by numerous people.
  11. Joined
    12 Oct '09
    Moves
    20 Jan '12 10:45
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I am glad to hear that you are intrigued. Maybe, that will give you the
    incentive to read and study the scriptures to see if what I have said about
    them is backed up in the Holy Bible. If not, forget what I say and start
    your ridicule.
    You misunderstand me. My purpose was not to ridicule you. I have no doubt that what you said is true. My knowledge of the bible leads me to believe that I will not able to find out whether a post on an Internet site is true or not. I am not clear what you mean by "what I have said about them is backed up in the Holy Bible". Who are the them we are talking about
  12. Standard memberCalJustonline
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    20 Jan '12 17:411 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It is human nature for one to sugar-coat his own self-image. A person is not so quick to point out his short-comings.
    I feel I have exhibited all these fruits in varied amounts on RHP.

Hi Ron,

I will be the first to admit that I myself have many faults and am far from perfect.

I am prepared to accept your bona fides, and will not challenge anything that you said in your response to my question.

Just btw, since you have opened yr private life a little, I can share that we probably have a lot in common - I have three married childre and have been faithful to my loving wife for 48 yrs. (We are both museum pieces!) Not a military man, though.

Having said that, one thing were we may differ is that just maybe you are a little bit more inflexible and, dare I say arrogant, than I. As you (and the others of the "Genocide" thread) will have noticed, I was really disappointed that you did not either follow up or retract the "lying" accusation against FMF. This was, IMHO, an opportunity missed to show some humility and accept correction, which, incidentally, are also Christian virtues. (Not that it is entirely too late for that even now...)

I have said in another thread some time ago that I will never again say that I have all the truth, and understand all spiritual principles perfectly - as I have said this as a Lutheran, then a Baptist, then a Pentacostal, (and each time had to admit I was wrong!) and now a.... what? Simple seeker after God?

Anyway, peace be with you, brother, on your journey.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jan '12 17:47
    You misunderstand me. My purpose was not to ridicule you. I have no doubt that what you said is true. My knowledge of the bible leads me to believe that I will not able to find out whether a post on an Internet site is true or not. I am not clear what you mean by "what I have said about them is backed up in the Holy Bible". Who are the them we are talking about
    "the scriptures"

A careful reading of what he wrote would clear this up.
  14. Joined
    12 Oct '09
    Moves
    20 Jan '12 18:11
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    "the scriptures"

A careful reading of what he wrote would clear this up.
    What RJHINDS wrote was"Study the Scriptures to see if what I have said about them is backed up in the Holy Bible" I am not an expert on this but I understood the scriptures to be holy books and as the Bible was mentioned in the same sentence, I took it to be referring to same. If you can point me in the direction of any scriptures from any religion which will inform me whether a poster on a website is telling lies or not, I would love to hear ot it.
    I am sure Russ would also find it very useful in finding engine users in the chess games
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jan '12 18:26
    What RJHINDS wrote was"Study the Scriptures to see if what I have said about them is backed up in the Holy Bible" I am not an expert on this but I understood the scriptures to be holy books and as the Bible was mentioned in the same sentence, I took it to be referring to same. If you can point me in the direction of any scriptures from any religion which wil ...[text shortened]... it.
    I am sure Russ would also find it very useful in finding engine users in the chess games
    It does not fall to me to teach you English. On the other hand, RJH is sometimes not fully comprehensible in what he writes. Using scriptures and Holy Bible in the same sentence is somewhat misleading, but I assure you, the "them" in his sentence refers to "the scriptures".

But you can believe me or not. In your zeal to make fun of what he said, I'm sure you won't.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree