1. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Aug '12 15:03
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Mainly splinter groups, like yours.
    splinter groups? we had no precedent, Charles Russell was not a member of any
    church when he decided to start a study group of Bible students in an attempt to
    ascertain what the scriptures were saying.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Aug '12 15:08
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    sorry, we killed no one, we blessed no weapons, nor did we sound church bells for
    those marching to their deaths! If you care to look, you will find countless images of
    church clergy involved in war, immaterial, I dont think so.
    Church clergy went to war to minister to those in most need, those on the battlefield.

Where was your clergy at this time?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Aug '12 15:09
    splinter groups? we had no precedent, Charles Russell was not a member of any
    church when he decided to start a study group of Bible students in an attempt to
    ascertain what the scriptures were saying.
    But then it was decided to make it into a church.

I guess the tax-free exemption was just too good to pass up?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Aug '12 15:131 edit
    But then it was decided to make it into a church.

I guess the tax-free exemption was just too good to pass up?
    a church? feels bum to make sure he's not dreaming, yes yes, everything seems to be
    in order. Whatever you say Goldilocks!
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Aug '12 15:181 edit
    Church clergy went to war to minister to those in most need, those on the battlefield.

Where was your clergy at this time?
    not blessing weapons that's for sure! here Jesus, let me send this little old bomb to kill
    my Christian brothers on the other side of the world, US Military, from Jesus, with love,
    i dont think so. As for us us it depends where you were, in Germany, we were in the
    concentration camps, various death marches, you know the thing, in Russia, in Siberian
    Gulags, in the UK, jail, in china, one brother spent seven years in solitary confinement
    you dont know the half of it, I can assure you. We dont have a clergy laity distinction,
    all Witness are duly appointed and fully ordained ministers of the Good News!
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Aug '12 15:33
    not blessing weapons that's for sure! here Jesus, let me send this little old bomb to kill
    my Christian brothers on the other side of the world, US Military, from Jesus, with love,
    i dont think so. As for us us it depends where you were, in Germany, we were in the
    concentration camps, various death marches, you know the thing, in Russia, in Si ...[text shortened]... ty distinction,
    all Witness are duly appointed and fully ordained ministers of the Good News!
    Duly appointed and fully ordained?

And untrained, and unschooled.

So anyone can aspire to greatness in your church? Could you one day lead your church?

"When everyone is special, no one is."

So your clergy are not "called to God"? So those who are truly inspired of God to lead your people are lost in the huddled masses of "ministers" who fill your church?
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Aug '12 15:35
    a church? feels bum to make sure he's not dreaming, yes yes, everything seems to be
    in order. Whatever you say Goldilocks!
    I don't know there, Baby Bear.

Most people consider the JW's a church.

Most of these people are being charitable, but that's another thread.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Aug '12 15:401 edit
    Duly appointed and fully ordained?

And untrained, and unschooled.

So anyone can aspire to greatness in your church? Could you one day lead your church?

"When everyone is special, no one is."

So your clergy are not "called to God"? So those who are truly inspired of God to lead your people are lost in the huddled masses of "ministers" who fill your church?
    untrained and unschooled, oh dear,

(Acts 4:13) . . .Now when they beheld the outspokenness of Peter and John, and
    perceived that they were men unlettered and ordinary, they got to wondering. And they
    began to recognize about them that they used to be with Jesus;

We have a school for Bible study every week, on a Tuesday and another meeting on a
    Sunday, hard to argue with success though, i know 🙂

great, you want to be great,

(Matthew 23:11) . . .But the greatest one among you must be your minister.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Aug '12 15:42
    I don't know there, Baby Bear.

Most people consider the JW's a church.

Most of these people are being charitable, but that's another thread.
    they really dont know anything about witnesses other than what they read on the net, which is not always accurate.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Aug '12 16:26
    so what? I can point to empirical evidence like two world wars, where can they point?
    They can point to 2 wars too I would imagine 😕
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Aug '12 16:28
    sorry, we killed no one, we blessed no weapons, nor did we sound church bells for
    those marching to their deaths! If you care to look, you will find countless images of
    church clergy involved in war, immaterial, I dont think so.
    I find it curious how you insist on making cowardice a religious virtue and an endorsement of your organisation's claim of being the "sole voice of God's truth on Earth".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree