Questions for Deification Deniers

Questions for Deification Deniers

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
06 Mar 22

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

'All kinds of life in the universe, whether of angel, man, animal or plant, are mortal and changeable; hence, they are not eternal. They do not have the nature of God, nor are they divine.' - The Knowledge of Life

Let's get this perfectly straight - quoting the book The Knowledge of Life is far game. RIght? You did it so if I quote the same book that is fair game. Okay?
You were already planning on quoting it, that's the point.

Moves
06 Mar 22

@sonship said
Thankyou GJost-of-a Duke for bringing attention to a good book which can certainly help Christians and those seeking for the truth in the Bible
This is arguably the most disingenuous post you have ever made. (And it has competition). It is a book you were preparing to link to in your previous post with your obvious and leading question. (Although possibly would have passed it off as your own words). You were just going to regurgitate nonsense you have been spoon-fed by the Ministry in another limp attempt to justify your own deification.

No Christian has anything to learn from such a deluded book.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Mar 22

The life of God is certainly God's life.

In the journey God took to dispsens this life to us first He had to become a man.

Uncreated Life ------> Creation -------> Incarnation.

"In Him was life, And the life was the light of men." (John 1:4)

Of course John is speaking of the Logos who was with God and was God.
Of course JOhn means the Word through whom all things came into being.

The previous passages:

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.
All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him not one thing came into being which has come into being.

In Him was LIFE . . . "

This is "the Word of life" Jesus Christi which the Apostle John said he and the other apostles saw, heard, and handled with their hands.

Moves
06 Mar 22

@sonship said
The life of God is certainly God's life.
Yes, and not man's.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
06 Mar 22

@rajk999 said
Thanks. Here is one of Jesus's stories about these two types of people
- Unchurched
- Churched

A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead. And by chance there came down a church person that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other ...[text shortened]... ched or the unchurched?

The unchurched get eternal life
The churched get booted out
Twisted.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Mar 22
1 edit

That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we beheld and our hands handled, concerning the Word of life
(And the life was manifested, and we have seeb abd testify and report to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was manifested to us);

That which we have seen and heard we report also to you that you also may have fellowship with us, [b] and indeed our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ.

And these things we write that our joy may be made full." (1 John 1:1-4) [/b]

We are roughly at this point in the journey of God's life becomming the life dispensed into the saved.

Uncreated life ----> Creation ----> Inarnation -----> Death -----> Resurrection -----> Ascension -----> Life Imparation.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Mar 22
1 edit

Squirm as they may, yelp as they may the eternal uncreated life of God went through this process that we would not be "alienated from the life of God" .

The point of deification is the impartation of God as life to man.
Yet God knows what He will and can impart and what He will not and cannot.

The Godhead is exclusively His forever.
Yet He can be the begetting Father of many sons.

To the many sons the divinized humanity of Jesus God incarnate is imparted into the redeemed as the life giving Spirit. "The last Adam [Christ] became a life giving Spirit." (1 Cor. 15:45)

This is that life of God now incarnate as a man and now risen, glorified, and made suitable to become in us as life to us. That is as "Christ our life'.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
06 Mar 22

@josephw said
Twisted.
The words of Christ, I know it is the complete opposite of the teachings of the church. Its a hell of a mess you found yourself in. Christ used a priest and Levite [the churched], and compared it with the ordinary man with no connection to the church [the unchurched]. One does good works, the other pretends not to see those in need around him.

Again in Matt 25, it is the workers of good who enter the Kingdom of God ... For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. (Matthew 25:35-36 KJV)

I have yet to see you post about the keeping of the commandments and doing good works. In the decade or so you have been here no one single post from you about these critical teachings of Christ have come out of your mouth. I suspect your type will be among the ones that hear this ... .. Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. (Matthew 25:41-43 KJV)

I know you dont like the teachings of Christ, because you have referred to them in derogatory terms and now we can add the word .. twisted to that list.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Mar 22
2 edits

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Yes, and not man's.

In order to make it man's life He became a man.
He died and rose a redemptyive act and then became the divine, eternal life
giving Spirit to GIVE God's life to man.

He came that we might HAVE This life and have it abundantly.

"The thief does not come except to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life and may have it abundantly." (John 10:10)

That is why He died and rose and transfrormed His risen self into the life giving Spirit - "The last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45) - to give life and that abundantly as for which purpose He came.

Moves
06 Mar 22

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Yes, and not man's.

In order to make it man's life He became a man.
He died and rose a redemptyive act and then became the divine, eternal life
giving Spirit to GIVE God's life to man.

He came that we might HAVE This life and have it abundantly.

"The thief does not come except to steal and kill and destr ...[text shortened]... giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45) - to give life and that abundantly as for which purpose He came.
As has already been pointed out, at no point did Jesus relinquish his divinity. Bearing this in mind, how could he 'become' divine when he already 'was' divine?

Take your time.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
06 Mar 22

@sonship said
Josephw,

What do you think about God alone being holy yet the believers are exhorted to perfect holiness ? (comp. Rev. 16:4; 2 Cor. 7:1)

This is an attribute of God that He intends, with the cooperation of believer's faith and obedience, to perfect in themselves.

Isn't that true regardless of what you wish to call it?
"What do you think about God alone being holy yet the believers are exhorted to perfect holiness?"

When I think about God being "Holy" I believe it means He is the only one of his kind, separate and distinct from all other beings that were created. There is God, and then there is everything else.

We are "exhorted" to be holy, i.e. separated from the course of this world.

I find your inference that to be holy as God is holy, meaning deification, to be an imperfect characterization of what the scriptures teach. To be exhorted to "be holy as God is holy" doesn't mean be holy "like" God is Holy because it will never happen. God is Holy because He is the only one of His kind in existence, but we are called to be holy "as" God is holy in the sense of being separated from the course of this world.

"This is an attribute of God that He intends, with the cooperation of believer's faith and obedience, to perfect in themselves."

Again, the attribute of being holy as God is holy, with regards to our pilgrimage on earth, means being separated from the course of this world. And also, I don't believe we have in of ourselves the power or strength to "perfect" within ourselves holiness. We are absolutely dependent on God for holiness to be perfected in us, our cooperation and obedience being an act of faith mingled with "following after" the the Spirit of God.

Sovereignty of God and the responsibility of man.

"Isn't that true regardless of what you wish to call it?"

What is true is true regardless of what I "wish to call it". My faith and belief is formed within me through "sanctification" by the "washing of the water of the Word". As Jesus had prayed, "Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth."

F

Moves
06 Mar 22

A could conceivably mean B and B could conceivably mean C and then C could conceivably mean D and then maybe, just maybe, D could conceivably mean E and then we could say that E could conceivably mean F and .... and ... and ...

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
06 Mar 22

@fmf said
A could conceivably mean B and B could conceivably mean C and then C could conceivably mean D and then maybe, just maybe, D could conceivably mean E and then we could say that E could conceivably mean F and .... and ... and ...
You must be confused.

F

Moves
06 Mar 22

@josephw said
You must be confused.
Perhaps you just have not been following or comprehending the nature of sonship's "argumentation" on this deification-of-humans topic. I am not "confused" about it at all. I have lost count of how many times his monologue has hinged on '...well, X could CONCEIVABLY true because of Y and Z' when someone has offered him a less far-fetched interpretation of Y and Z.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Mar 22
1 edit

@Ghost-of-a-Duke
From anywhere in this thread or in any other -
Where did I write that Jesus relinquished His divinity.

Quotation please.