1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 00:30
    Originally posted by i am scientists
    the bible does not account for dinosaurs. we know that dinosaurs existed, and that means that god could not have existed, because it did not create them
    Be blessed! on this reading to give you an idea.

http://billygraham.com/MyAnswer_Article.asp?ArticleID=2401
  2. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 04:21
    Originally posted by i am scientists
    the bible does not account for dinosaurs. we know that dinosaurs existed, and that means that god could not have existed, because it did not create them
    The Bible does not account for toothbrushes. We know that toothbrushes exist, and that means that God could not exist, because He didn't mention that toothbrushes exist.
  3. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 05:32
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Be blessed! on this reading to give you an idea.

http://billygraham.com/MyAnswer_Article.asp?ArticleID=2401
    RBHILL, basically this guy is saying 'dinosaurs don't matter because your son will outgrow his fascination with them - just ignore all those nasty questions until your brain has forgotten how to ask them and they'll go away'. What idiot wrote this drivel?

Darfius, unlike toothbrushes however, the bible does have a creation account for life. It's pretty specific about how things are created. Let's treat it like science for a second. Does the bible predict dinosaurs anywhere? No. Oops, failed its test then. Does evolutionary theory predict dinosaurs? Not directly, but it does predict that dinosaurs, or for that matter any type of complex life, could exist.
  4. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 05:55
    Originally posted by scottishinnz

Darfius, unlike toothbrushes however, the bible does have a creation account for life.

All life? Or just enough detail to drill the point home that "God did it"?

It's pretty specific about how things are created.

"Beasts of the field" and "creatures of the sea" is specific?! Tell you what. I have a test for you, which if you fail, will lead to your labeling as an idiot. It's about something. Study hard.

Let's treat it like science for a second.

Bad idea. The Bible is not and never claims to be a science book.

Does the bible predict dinosaurs anywhere? No.

Should it have? Explain why.

Oops, failed its test then.

I have a feeling you're going to fail mine, too.

Does evolutionary theory predict dinosaurs? Not directly, but it does predict that dinosaurs, or for that matter any type of complex life, could exist.

Wow, that's impressive. "It predicts that complex life could exist". Rock solid theory there. But my 7 year old cousin Tommy could have told you the same thing.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 07:46
    Still no answer from RB Hill

Date: Jan 07 16:18
    Subject: RE : Hi

I will tomorrow try to give you some answers. I will have free time tomorrow for a while and give it some thought. Look after 3pm New York time. That is in about 13 to 14 hours from now.

>Hi RB Hill,

I would welcome the opportunity to engage in a serious debate if you could give me your thoughts on each of the questions.

Kind Regards,
    STANG.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 07:481 edit
    Originally posted by flyUnity
    Why did God provide 2 versions of his word ?
    He did?
    The bible is said to be the word of God yet there are 2 versions - the "old" and "new" testaments. Should we wait to read the next version or maybe read the Koran instead ?
  7. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 08:12
    Originally posted by STANG
    The bible is said to be the word of God yet their are 2 versions - the "old" and "new" testaments. Should we wait to read the next version or maybe read the Koran instead ?
    Your ignorance is profound.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 08:19
    Originally posted by Halitose
    Your ignorance is profound.
    Educate me
  9. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 08:29
    Educate me
    I'm not sure you really want to -- I've tried before and somehow we ended up with George Bush while discussing the existence of God. You've got your compulsive fixation with the wrongs (in your view) of Christianity and Christians and I don't think you want to know the other side of the coin. I'm at the point where I am more than willing to allow you to continue in your self inflicted subjective obsession and benightedness.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 09:15
    I'm not sure you really want to -- I've tried before and somehow we ended up with George Bush while discussing the existence of God. You've got your compulsive fixation with the wrongs (in your view) of Christianity and Christians and I don't think you want to know the other side of the coin. I'm at the point where I am more than willing to allow you to continue in your self inflicted subjective obsession and benightedness.
    If the bible is the word of god then why are there 2 versions ?
  11. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 10:18
    If the bible is the word of god then why are there 2 versions ?
    Should I just take your word for it that Bush/America somehow wont be mentioned in this discussion.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 10:21
    Should I just take your word for it that Bush/America somehow wont be mentioned in this discussion.
    OK
  13. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 18:35
    Still no answer from RB Hill

Date: Jan 07 16:18
    Subject: RE : Hi

I will tomorrow try to give you some answers. I will have free time tomorrow for a while and give it some thought. Look after 3pm New York time. That is in about 13 to 14 hours from now.

>Hi RB Hill,

I would welcome the opportunity to engage in a serious debate if you could give me your thoughts on each of the questions.

Kind Regards,
    STANG.
    I changed my mined and I will post a reason why soon.
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 19:00
    Be Blessed!

First read this: Job 40:15-24

http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/hot/dinosaurs/default.asp

http://www.bibleprobe.org/dinosaur.html
  15. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Jan '06 19:03
    The bible is said to be the word of God yet there are 2 versions - the "old" and "new" testaments. Should we wait to read the next version or maybe read the Koran instead ?
    Im am doing history, OMG 2 history books!! one is year 1400 to 1800, the other is 1800 to 2006, uuhhggll!! That cant be!! 2 versions?!! They cant both be right. Maybe I should create my own version

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree