1. Bartow, FL
    Moves
    09 Aug '07 20:18
    Originally posted by LivingForJesus
    you know it is not so much about what church you go to but bleaving in Jesus Christ accepting him into your heart I personally go to a babist church and I like it but the main thing is to read your Bible and Pray and be the best Christian you can be.
    Yes, thank you for the testimony. And of course this is true. But you can understand why I would want more details about the theology.

For example, lets consider the issue of tounges. There are some denominations that preach that you have not been truly filled with the Holy Spirit unless you have displayed a sign of Charismata, such as speaking in tounges, shaking, prophesying, etc. I certainly don't believe this and do not want my children being taught this. It is perfectly alright that others do and if my child eventually decides that that is the path they want to follow, I will believe that God is directing them there.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Aug '07 20:32
    Originally posted by AProdigy
    Yes, thank you for the testimony. And of course this is true. But you can understand why I would want more details about the theology.

For example, lets consider the issue of tounges. There are some denominations that preach that you have not been truly filled with the Holy Spirit unless you have displayed a sign of Charismata, such as speaking in t ...[text shortened]... des that that is the path they want to follow, I will believe that God is directing them there.
    Is there something wrong with worshipping God by yourself - you and your family that is? What is the point of going to fellowship with people you clearly dont agree with ?
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    09 Aug '07 22:451 edit
    Originally posted by AProdigy

For example, lets consider the issue of tounges. There are some denominations that preach that you have not been truly filled with the Holy Spirit unless you have displayed a sign of Charismata, such as speaking in t des that that is the path they want to follow, I will believe that God is directing them there.
    Glossolalia is absolutely phony and nothing more than self-edifying nonsense. I hope you would not encourage your kids to be around such behaviour. It was all around me when I was a child and look how I turned out. I do drugs and partake in pre-marital sex ALL THE TIME.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree