1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Dec '10 12:02
    The thing is, Vishva, that you do not know if that man with aids, (or black woman), in a third world country, could be the final incarnation before the soul is enlightened.
    The fact is that only god knows ,(which means nobody knows), who is who.
    God works in mysterious ways and I find your examples very weak.

What do you think a person looks like that is highly advanced spiritually?

Would you like to revise your opinion on outward appearances, or a are you going to take people on face value, thus ignoring your own teachings?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Dec '10 23:40
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    The thing is, Vishva, that you do not know if that man with aids, (or black woman), in a third world country, could be the final incarnation before the soul is enlightened.

What do you think a person looks like ...[text shortened]... appearances, or a are you going to take people on face value, thus ignoring your own teachings?
    Good effort; unfortunately totally wasted.
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 00:09

What do you think a person looks like ...[text shortened]... appearances, or a are you going to take people on face value, thus ignoring your own teachings?
    You would know if someone is on their way in their spiritual life, by the words they speak and the deeds they do.

Outward appearance has little to do with it.

My example still stands because it is about the conditions one finds themselves in, and whether you consider the birth pleasant or unpleasant.

I am not talking about the level of spirituality of the person....just the conditions they find themselves in, and whether its pleasant or not.

Does the man with one leg and aids born in a country with a dictatorship have a pleasant birth or not...... (no he does not)
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 02:47
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    My example still stands because it is about the conditions one finds themselves in, and whether you consider the birth pleasant or unpleasant.

I am not talking about the level of spirituality of the person....just the conditions they find themselves in, and whether its pleasant or not.

Does the man with ...[text shortened]... aids born in a country with a dictatorship have a pleasant birth or not...... (no he does not)
    You are full of inconsistencies; my question to you was: what is the consequence of not reading or believing in the vedanta. You said it was having a poor birth and used the person being blind in africa etc.

What is the difference between "outward appearance" as you term it here, and "the conditions they find themselves in".

Either "their birth" i.e. "the conditions they find themsleves in" are a result of their spiritiual condition or not? Or was your answer to my OP just more made-up waffle?
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 06:33
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You are full of inconsistencies; my question to you was: what is the consequence of not reading or believing in the vedanta. You said it was having a poor birth and used the person being blind in africa etc.

What is the difference between "outward appearance" as you term it here, and "the conditions they find themselves in".

Either "their birth" i ...[text shortened]... heir spiritiual condition or not? Or was your answer to my OP just more made-up waffle?
    Because of your dishonest heart, you are twisting all my words around to make some fault where there is no fault........this is the madness disease of illusion, caused by following your false Christian teachings, and misdirecting you in proper behavior.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 06:55
    You would know if someone is on their way in their spiritual life, by the words they speak and the deeds they do.

I am not talking about the level of spirituali ...[text shortened]... aids born in a country with a dictatorship have a pleasant birth or not...... (no he does not)
    But "the words they speak and the deeds they do" are outward appearances.

I'm afraid only an enlightened soul can distinguish clearly between a charlatan and a bonafide master. Despite this rather poor outlook, I wont give up trying, trying to see properly and interpet the world around us, especially the poeple in it , and follow my dharma to where ever it may lead me.
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 08:11
    But "the words they speak and the deeds they do" are outward appearances.

I'm afraid only an enlightened soul can distinguish clearly between a charlatan and a bonafide master. Despite this rather poor outlook, I wont give up trying, trying to see properly and interpet the world around us, especially the poeple in it , and follow my dharma to where ever it may lead me.
    The words they speak and the deeds they do, are a witness of whats happening within their heart, and a revealing of their internal condition.

And your second point is correct about distinguishing a charlatan and a bonafide master.

What poor outlook?.....there is no poor outlook.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 09:13
    The words they speak and the deeds they do, are a witness of whats happening within their heart, and a revealing of their internal condition.

And your second point is correct about distinguishing a charlatan and a bonafide master.

What poor outlook?.....there is no poor outlook.
    In a simple way of putting it, "unspiritual" people will always have a poor outlook on this life, for they only see the temporal conditions that we are born into.
    They do not see the greater, eternal nature of our souls/conciousness .

So if we become devoted to God, understand that we are are part of It, and follow the right path (which is not identical for anyone), then we may have the proper outlook on life, which is brilliant, even for a poor old traveller such as myself.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 09:26

I am not talking about the level of spirituali ...[text shortened]... aids born in a country with a dictatorship have a pleasant birth or not...... (no he does not)
    So the Indonesian family with tennis ball sized tumors covering 90% of their bodies were sent to suffer together from some bad stuff they did in a previous life? All 5 of them? All sent to suffer the same disfigurement?

So your god sets things up so people suffer century after century for not growing up spiritually?

That is a sure sign of an insane god. One of several I can think of.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 10:061 edit
    Because of your dishonest heart, you are twisting all my words around to make some fault where there is no fault........this is the madness disease of illusion, caused by following your false Christian teachings, and misdirecting you in proper behavior.
    You seem to be frequently regarded here as a rude and insulting troll who spouts his own (often ludicrous) doctrines on spirituality, as someone who defames other people's beliefs without the slightest piece of rational evidence, cognitive engagement or smidgen of intelligent debate.

I have tried in this thread, through some direct questions, to draw out some kind of cohesive discussion framework from your incessant ranting about Vedanta, into which the forum could at least place some objectivity and try to see where you are coming from. All I get in return is your 'cracked record' rally of childish stump-speech responses loosely based on "you are all dishonest and mad - I am the sole bastion of truth".

If you are not a troll, then I genuinely feel sorry for you.
  11. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 11:12
    In a simple way of putting it, "unspiritual" people will always have a poor outlook on this life, for they only see the temporal conditions that we are born into.
    They do not see the greater, eternal nature of our souls/conciousness .

So if we become devoted to God, understand that we are are part of It, and follow the right path (which is not iden ...[text shortened]... the proper outlook on life, which is brilliant, even for a poor old traveller such as myself.
    OK I see now...
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 11:331 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You seem to be frequently regarded here as a rude and insulting troll who spouts his own (often ludicrous) doctrines on spirituality, as someone who defames other people's beliefs without the slightest piece of rational evidence, cognitive engagement or smidgen of intelligent debate.

I have tried in this thread, through some direct questions, to dra the sole bastion of truth".

If you are not a troll, then I genuinely feel sorry for you.
    I am here to expose false teachings in religion and science, because this forum is over-run by atheists and person propagating false religion.

The only persons who claim I am being rude or insulting, are the ones that I have exposed as dishonest.

These people are responsible, for the state of the world that we find ourselves in.....a world of corruption, violence, greed, cheating, fear, exploitation and false teachings, that misdirect the people into atheism or the false religions of Christianity, Koran and Judaism.
  13. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 13:09
    I am here to expose false teachings in religion and science, because this forum is over-run by atheists and person propagating false religion.

The only persons who claim I am being rude or insulting, are the ones that I have exposed as dishonest.

These people are responsible, for the state of the world that we find ourselves in.....a world of corrup ...[text shortened]... hat misdirect the people into atheism or the false religions of Christianity, Koran and Judaism.
    You have exposed dishonesty in nobody but yourself. Your rudeness and insulting behaviour only underlines your lack of spiritual awareness. One finds in the world whatever one seeks - you, evidently, seek corruption, violence, greed etc., as this is what you find. If you were to choose to follow a truly spiritual path, you would realise that all this crap that you rail against is but a reflection of your own heart. There is no truth in your religion or in any other religion that cannot be found in your own heart should you take the time to look. You have demonstrated yourself a liar and a fool, however only you know which of these qualities is dominant.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Dec '10 23:32
    I guess we should all be grateful then
  15. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    29 Dec '10 06:47

These people are responsible, for the state of the world that we find ourselves in.....a world of corrup ...[text shortened]... hat misdirect the people into atheism or the false religions of Christianity, Koran and Judaism.
    That sounds like something from Nazi Germany, only you include Christians and Islamics with the Jews.

How blatantly self serving is your agenda??

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree