1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '10 22:531 edit
    Please make you answers specific and concise (and not copy/paste):

1) If I never read nor take note of the Vedanta teachings, what exactly will happen to me as compared to if I did read and take note?

2) What is the one single specific thing that convinces you beyond all doubt that everyone else is wrong and that you are right in your beliefs?

3) If I was dying and you could give your earthly life in exchange to save mine - would you?

Thanks.
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Dec '10 23:32
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Please make you answers specific and concise (and not copy/paste):

1) If I never read nor take note of the Vedanta teachings, what exactly will happen to me as compared to if I did read and take note?

2) What is the one single specific thing that convinces you beyond all doubt that everyone else is wrong and that you are right in your beliefs?

3 ...[text shortened]... was dying and you could give your earthly life in exchange to save mine - would you?

Thanks.
    Answer 1. People who never take to the spiritual life, simply keep taking birth in this material world, but not always in pleasant conditions. Would you consider being born a black women with blindness in a third world country a good birth......and persons who follow false teachings in their particular faith, will also take birth again until they come to the higher spiritual platform taught in the Vedanta Sutra.

Answer 2. God is one and religion is one, so I have been fortunate when I was looking for spiritual guidance, that I was introduced to the Vedanta Sutra which is that one religion I speak of, because it contains all knowledge for spiritual advancement.....where others do not, they contain much error and lack higher spiritual knowledge, and misdirect the people.

Answer 3. Silly question
  3. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    23 Dec '10 01:40
    Questions for CP
    Please make you(r) answers specific and concise (and not copy/paste):

1) If I never read nor take note of the Bible teachings, what exactly will happen to me as compared to if I did read and take note?

2) What is the one single specific thing that convinces you beyond all doubt that everyone else is wrong and that you are right in ...[text shortened]... was dying and you could give your earthly life in exchange to save mine - would you?

Thanks.
    1) Either spirtual death or eternal damnation, depending on who is right on that argument. 😉

2)I am not sure who is right or who is wrong. I do believe that Jesus is our savior.

3) If you're needing a kidney or an eye, tough it out my friend. 😛
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Dec '10 08:09
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    1) Either spirtual death or eternal damnation, depending on who is right on that argument. 😉

2)I am not sure who is right or who is wrong. I do believe that Jesus is our savior.

3) If you're needing a kidney or an eye, tough it out my friend. 😛
    1.No such thing as spiritual death, but there is spiritual blindness, and no eternal damnation for anyone, but taking birth again in this world of suffering is difficult enough, especially if you take a low birth.

2. Jesus was a teacher of God and the higher consciousness, but his teachings have been change to conform with the false Jewish doctrine.and to confuse Jesus with God is an error.

People accept Jesus as God, because the Bible has presented it that way, to give the Bible power which it needs to have persons surrender to the church.

3. If I need a kidney and get one, fine.....if I dont, thats fine also.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '10 08:541 edit
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    Answer 1. People who never take to the spiritual life, simply keep taking birth in this material world, but not always in pleasant conditions. Would you consider being born a black women with blindness in a third world country a good birth......and persons who follow false teachings in their particular faith, will also take birth again until they come t ...[text shortened]... rror and lack higher spiritual knowledge, and misdirect the people.

Answer 3. Silly question
    What has being "black or a woman" got to do with your view of karmic retribution? You are allowing your sexism and racism get in the way of your fundamentalism again.
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Dec '10 10:40
    What has being [b]"black or a woman" got to do with your view of karmic retribution? You are allowing your sexism and racism get in the way of your fundamentalism again.[/b]
    You are fabricating, because you purposely left out the "blindness" and the "third world" part of the quote, and zeroed in on "black" and "women"....why.

It is you that is sexist because you have done this.

Why do that?.....chop the quote in half,

You do it because you are scraping the bottom of the barrel, and are saying any foolish thing to make a cheap shot out of nothing.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '10 10:532 edits
    You are fabricating, because you purposely left out the "blindness" and the "third world" part of the quote, and zeroed in on "black" and "women"....why.

It is you that is sexist because you have done this.

Why do that?.....chop the quote in half,

You do it because you are scraping the bottom of the barrel, and are saying any foolish thing to make a cheap shot out of nothing.
    I'm not fabricating anything - you said:

"Would you consider being born a black women with blindness in a third world country a good birth..."

I'm asking you why YOU consider being "black" or a "woman" figure in your belief structure of karmic retribution?

(edit: is this an unreasonable question...?)
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    23 Dec '10 12:501 edit
    ,(edit: is this an unreasonable question...?)
    I don't think this an unreasonable question, not at all.

But when you ask questions to anyoe holding their hands before their eyes and ears, not wanting to be distracted by questions they cannot, or won't answer, then they are not blind and deaf only, but also tremendeously narrowminded.

He is a fundamentalist, you know, and they act like this.
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Dec '10 04:59
    I'm not fabricating anything - you said:

[b] "Would you consider being born a black women with blindness in a third world country a good birth..."

I'm asking you why YOU consider being "black" or a "woman" figure in your belief structure of karmic retribution?

(edit: is this an unreasonable question...?)[/b]
    You keep chopping the quote in half...why.

Let me say it differently.

Would you say being born a white man with aids and one leg, in a third world country with a dictatorship, a good birth? (forget the black women) its only an example.

Your missing the point of my first comment, because you are persistent to find fault, where there is no fault.
  10. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    24 Dec '10 05:181 edit
    you are persistent to find fault, where there is no fault.
    Give me a break please!
    You're either so full of malarkey you stink up the place, or you're the second coming.
    I know it isn't the latter, as Joe and I are still here.

Amen
  11. Wat?
    Moves
    24 Dec '10 06:33
    3. If I need a kidney and get one, fine.....if I dont, thats fine also.
    I bet if you were lying on a bed in agony you'd even accept a MAD BUDDHIST's kidney, right?
  12. Wat?
    Moves
    24 Dec '10 12:10

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Dec '10 14:47
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Give me a break please!
    You're either so full of malarkey you stink up the place, or you're the second coming.
    I know it isn't the latter, as Joe and I are still here.

Amen
    Hihi... you flyboys crack me up!!
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Dec '10 21:131 edit
    You keep chopping the quote in half...why.

Let me say it differently.

Would you say being born a white man with aids and one leg, in a third world country with a dictatorship, a good birth? (forget the black women) its only an example.

Your missing the point of my first comment, because you are persistent to find fault, where there is no fault.
    You are the one who claims to have the words of life; it's not my fault if you are too incoherant in your own brain to get them into a post which is neither insulting nor alienating.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Dec '10 11:48
    Answer 1. People who never take to the spiritual life, simply keep taking birth in this material world, but not always in pleasant conditions. Would you consider being born a black women with blindness in a third world country a good birth......and persons who follow false teachings in their particular faith, will also take birth again until they come t ...[text shortened]... rror and lack higher spiritual knowledge, and misdirect the people.

Answer 3. Silly question
    So back to the questions:

Answer 1. People who never take to the spiritual life, simply keep taking birth in this material world, but not always in pleasant conditions. Would you consider being born a black women with blindness in a third world country a good birth......and persons who follow false teachings in their particular faith, will also take birth again until they come to the higher spiritual platform taught in the Vedanta Sutra.

Therefore the result of not reading the vedanta is, I will be given a crap next life - nice thanks.

Answer 2. God is one and religion is one, so I have been fortunate when I was looking for spiritual guidance, that I was introduced to the Vedanta Sutra which is that one religion I speak of, because it contains all knowledge for spiritual advancement.....where others do not, they contain much error and lack higher spiritual knowledge, and misdirect the people.

So the 1 'specific thing' was that you were "fortunate", that's nice for you...

Answer 3. Silly question

So you do not believe there are any rewards for self sacrifice?

In summary then: you are a self-centred but very lucky person who is looking after No. 1 and who posts here to do what... gloat?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree