Standard memberregos
Spirituality 15 May '06 21:12
  1. Joined
    14 Feb '06
    Moves
    15 May '06 21:12
    The quote " christianity is not a way out but a way through" has always meant a lot to me, in its essence i feel comforted and encouraged , the responsibility of my life is mine yet we are not meant to go it alone .
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    15 May '06 21:332 edits
    Originally posted by regos
    The quote " christianity is not a way out but a way through" has always meant a lot to me, in its essence i feel comforted and encouraged , the responsibility of my life is mine yet we are not meant to go it alone .
    The quote "Christianity lacks epistemic justification" has always meant a lot to me.

I'm just not convinced that unwarranted beliefs are necessary for feeling comforted and encouraged, for taking responsibility for my life, etc.
  3. Standard memberChurlant
    Ego-Trip in Progress
    Phoenix, AZ
    Moves
    15 May '06 22:43
    I always liked...

"I’ve never understood how God could expect His creatures to pick the one true religion by faith—it strikes me as a sloppy way to run a universe."

Among others.

-JC
  4. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    16 May '06 10:09
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    The quote "Christianity lacks epistemic justification" has always meant a lot to me.

I'm just not convinced that unwarranted beliefs are necessary for feeling comforted and encouraged, for taking responsibility for my life, etc.
    well, that is your point of view
  5. London
    Moves
    16 May '06 10:16
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    "Christianity lacks epistemic justification"
    What about the statement "My wife/girlfriend/significant other loves me"? Does that have sufficient epistemic justification?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree