quotes

quotes

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
24 Jun 09
2 edits

Originally posted by Proper Knob
“Isn’t it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”

Douglas Adams.
no it isnt, because we are humans, we have minds, we can imagine, we create, we impose our minds on our environment, not in the mere contemplation of or imitation of nature, but transcending it! you noobster a chess player and a musician know this to be true! send douglas adams over here to I slap his forehead 😉

rc

Moves
24 Jun 09

one for the sceptics

“That a few simple men should in one generation have invented so powerful and appealing a personality, so lofty an ethic and so inspiring a vision of human brotherhood, would be a miracle far more incredible than any recorded in the Gospels.”

Historian, William Durant

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
24 Jun 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
no it isnt, because we are humans, we have minds, we can imagine, we create, we impose our minds on our environment, not in the mere contemplation of or imitation of nature, but transcending it! you noobster a chess player and a musician know this to be true! send douglas adams over here to I slap his forehead 😉
'I cannot transcend nature, i am woven into the fabric of nature'.

P. Knob.

rc

Moves
24 Jun 09

Originally posted by Proper Knob
'I cannot transcend nature, i am woven into the fabric of nature'.

P. Knob.
of course you can noobster, with your mind, for you are a chess player, an artist, you are in the habit of transcending banal materialism with sacrifice and concept 🙂

d

Moves
24 Jun 09

We are not asking for Abraham Lincoln's opinion but yours, I don't believe that the world would be a better place without Christians but worse, you see the worst people are not Christians.

Moves
25 Jun 09

Originally posted by daniel58
We are not asking for Abraham Lincoln's opinion but yours, I don't believe that the world would be a better place without Christians but worse, you see the worst people are not Christians.
The natural course of the human mind is certainly from credulity to skepticism. - Thomas Jefferson

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
25 Jun 09

Originally posted by TerrierJack
The natural course of the human mind is certainly from credulity to skepticism. - Thomas Jefferson
"The fool hath said in his heart, There is NO GOD.." King David.

"A double minded man is unstable in all his ways... Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double MINDed." James

g

Pepperland

Moves
25 Jun 09

Originally posted by daniel58
you see the worst people are not Christians.

what are they? muslims?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
25 Jun 09

Isaiah 45:18
For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

Moves
26 Jun 09

If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss bank. - Woody Allen

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
27 Jun 09

If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss bank. - Woody Allen
That's the problem with folks that already have enough money.
They gotta have more.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
27 Jun 09

Where is my mind?-Black Francis,the pixies.
(really , where is it?)

Moves
27 Jun 09

Originally posted by scherzo
How true, and sad.

Destroy Creationist Christianity and watch the world become a better place.
It's all about "destroy" with you isn't. You remind me of an Arabian Fu Manchu.

Moves
27 Jun 09

Many a long dispute among divines may be thus abridged: It is so; It is not so. It is so; it is not so. - Benjamin Franklin

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
27 Jun 09
1 edit

Many a long dispute among divines may be thus abridged: It is so; It is not so. It is so; it is not so. - Benjamin Franklin
Good one! 😀