1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 03:19
    I believe that there is nothing "wrong" with eating meat. I respect Dasa's personal lifestyle choice to be a vegetarian.
  2. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 03:21
    Originally posted by Dasa
    [b]You must embrace honesty to have this discussion.

you must embrace humility to have this discussion.

People are responsible because they are following false religion and false science.

Their false religion and false science is responsible for misleading them into atheism and falsity. [snip]

i don't disagree with the gist of this, but understand that i number you among the dishonest and false.

What sought of science teaches that all that exist has come about by random chance.......this absurd and dishonest and you know this.

it is absurd and dishonest to portray science falsely as you have done.

There is only one source of spiritual knowledge that is true and without error and it is presented by the Vedas.

prove it. until you do, you are just one part of a parcel of shysters proclaiming to be the source of spiritual knowledge and bearer of truth.

The Vedas have been with mankind from the beginning of the creation of the cosmos and have not come from mundane persons but have been presented by the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

no they haven't. they have been with mankind since somebody sat down and wrote his ideas on some medium.

Its all there presented in the Vedas but insincere persons only care for cheating science and cheating religion because they are rascals.

then stop being an insincere rascal.
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 04:41
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    [b]You must embrace honesty to have this discussion.

you must embrace humility to have this discussion.

People are responsible because they are following false religion and false science.

Their false religion and false science is responsible for misleading them into atheism and falsity. [s ...[text shortened]... nd cheating religion because they are rascals.

then stop being an insincere rascal.
    When persons cannot respond honestly and have nothing to say they often resort to defiant nonsense talk.

The fool is always exposed when he opens his mouth.
  4. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 04:59
    When persons cannot respond honestly and have nothing to say they often resort to defiant nonsense talk.

well, you can dispel that public perception of yourself by not resorting to defiant nonsense talk and start responding honestly.
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 05:40
    Originally posted by FMF
    I believe that there is nothing "wrong" with eating meat. I respect Dasa's personal lifestyle choice to be a vegetarian.
    There are many persons who are vegetarian and have no care for God

The vegetarianism is a consequences of living the true spiritual life.

True spiritual awareness develops in the student and they quickly appreciate and respect all the life around them.

They realize that this life is sentient and feels as we do.

They realize that this life struggles to live as we do.

They realize that mechanized slaughter houses are barbaric institutions causing animals to experience cruel conditions.

All animals in slaughter houses are fearful.

The method of killing is sloppy and uncaring.

For the person living the spiritual life they actually develop love and respect for all creatures.

They fully understand that all creatures have a right to life.

They realize that each life has their particular span of years and they do not interfere with that for each life is a soul treading their unique journey.

The spiritually minded person does not take the life of any creature to simply satisfy the demands of the tongue.

The spiritual person controls his mind and senses and is not controlled by them.

They have a genuine aversion to killing.............because they are sensitive and aware.

Many children in India have calves as pets.

Using land to support animal slaughter is an economic disaster.

Killing animals is low class and barbaric.

When the consciousness is raised through spiritual living the person does not engage in low class activities...........they have an aversion to them.

This is the result that the purification is taking place in the heart of the person through living the true spiritual life..

This is the result of becoming purified and raising the consciousness.

Slaughtering animals is evidence that the person has not raised their consciousness spiritually and that their religious practices are worthless.

Without honesty one cannot understand what I have said.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 06:10

True spiritual awareness develops in the student and they quickly appreciate and respect all the life around them.

They realize that this life struggles ...[text shortened]... ir religious practices are worthless.

Your last statement just ruled out every living adult on earth.
  7. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 08:19

Light travels faster than sound. Someone may appear bright until he speaks -which sounds like like Dasa. Just talking nonsense about a faith which is false and fabricated by fools by making humanity think you are a god.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 11:54
    I can honestly say that I do understand what you mean and, as I said before, I respect your personal lifestyle choice to be a vegetarian for whatever reason you may cite. Live your life how you want to. Don't eat meat if you don't want to.
  9. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    20 Aug '11 00:55

They realize that this life struggles ...[text shortened]... ir religious practices are worthless.

Formula:

Flawed Premise+
    Repedetive use of flawed premise +
    Denial of all attempts to discuss core concepts of flawed premise+

insert an oceanload of fundamentalist fervour.

Result = Dasa.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree