1. Maryland
    Moves
    02 Apr '10 10:42
    Rapture, n. An eagerly awaited religious event in which the world will be rid of much unwanted rubbish. Chaz Bufe The Devil's Dictionaries
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    02 Apr '10 10:51
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Rapture, n. An eagerly awaited religious event in which the world will be rid of much unwanted rubbish. Chaz Bufe The Devil's Dictionaries
    Foolish.

Rapture of the overcoming saints triggers the final events which will turn the globe over to the saints of Christ.

Rapture is a strategic move in the spiritual warfare to defeat the enemies of God and of mankind. Rapture is the beginning of the earth being brought under the total reign of Christ.

Foolish skepticism. Foolish unbelief.
  3. Maryland
    Moves
    02 Apr '10 11:56
    You have simply added more validity to the quote. Thank you!
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    02 Apr '10 17:401 edit
    Originally posted by 667joe
    ====================================

I see what you mean. But you did not clarify that the "unwanted rubbish" is Antichrist and the unbelieving opposers of Christ.

All the "unwanted rubbish" is going into the eternal universal trash can - the lake of fire.
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 Apr '10 18:34
    Bill Hicks on the Rapture and related topics.

He uses "bad words".

YouTube
  6. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    05 Apr '10 20:12
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Foolish.

Rapture of the overcoming saints triggers the final events which will turn the globe over to the saints of Christ.

Rapture is a strategic move in the spiritual warfare to defeat the enemies of God and of mankind. Rapture is the beginning of the earth being brought under the total reign of Christ.

The strange thing is the "rapture" is not biblical. And the whole doctrine of the "rapture" is only a little over 100 yrs old in a religion roughly 2000 yrs old.
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    05 Apr '10 20:49
    Foolish.

Mua hahahahaha!
    Fixed.
  8. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Apr '10 22:23
    The mere notion of a Rature is the worst sort of anti-Christian nonsense.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Apr '10 00:09
    Originally posted by Badwater
    Yes indeed, this is one even I cant put a positive spin on...
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Apr '10 05:54
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    The strange thing is the "rapture" is not biblical. And the whole doctrine of the "rapture" is only a little over 100 yrs old in a religion roughly 2000 yrs old.
    I agree. The words not even in the Bible....
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    06 Apr '10 16:122 edits
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    ======================================
    ========================================

The emphasis on rapture passages, which were in the Bible for 2000 years, may be relatively recent. That does not mean that the truth of the teaching was invented or inserted into the Bible.

The expounding on the rapture by the Brethren teachers in the 19th century was nothing more than rediscovery of what was neglected by Christian teachers in previous years.

The Lord Jesus said that the Holy Spirit would lead the disciples into all of the truth. It is not unusual that at a certain point church history the Holy Spirit should cause some Bible students to notice previously neglected aspects of the Bible's teaching.

So I reject that concept that "the doctrine of rapture is only a little over 100 years old".

Justification by faith was a truth neglected for centries under the enfluence of Roman Catholicism. Luther did not invent the doctrine. He re-discovered what had been neglected. And 100 years after Martin Luther it would be fool hearty to say "Justification by faith is only a little over 100 years old".

Rather the Spirit is ever recovering neglected and overlooked truths in the Bible. The Holy Spirit is illuminating light upon passages and recovering the churching people into all of the truth, progressively.
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    06 Apr '10 16:211 edit
    =================================

What you have written here is really "anti-Christian nonsense." Would you care to explain why the notion of rapture is nonsense ?

You can start with Enoch in Genesis 5:22-24.
  13. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    06 Apr '10 16:37
    [b]=================================

What you have written here is really "anti-Christian nonsense." Would you care to explain why the notion of rapture is nonsense ?

You can start with Enoch in Genesis 5:22-24.[/b]
    The reason is that the notion of 144,000 people being selected for continued existence does not mesh at all with Christ's message of salvation being open to all. Period.
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    06 Apr '10 17:29
    The reason is that the notion of 144,000 people being selected for continued existence does not mesh at all with Christ's message of salvation being open to all. Period.
    =====================================
    =======================================

So you are defining rapture as the selection of 144,000 people for continued existence.

I didn't know that that was a definition of the rapture. So I think you should decide exactly how we should define a rapture. Then we can discuss if it is somehow against the message of salvation.

What you have said here sounds to me like a Jehovah's Witness purely definition of the rapture. And though you may not be intentional about it, i would consider it a strawman argument because I don't think anyone can prove that only these 144,000 people in Revelation 14 are to experience a capturing away from the earth by God.
  15. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    06 Apr '10 17:581 edit
    =====================================
    =======================================

So you are defining rapture as the selection of 144,000 people for continued existence. se 144,000 people in Revelation 14 are to experience a capturing away from the earth by God.
    There are many definitions of rapture. From a literal viewpoint I don't see it as existing. From a supernatural viewpoint I don't see it as existing. From a Christological viewpoint I don't see it as existing.

If that isn't good enough for you then tough cookies.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree