1. Wat?
    Moves
    12 Feb '11 12:581 edit
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    No, I'm still fuzzy. Sounds like you may be a prick though.

Let's get to the root of the issue, is your buttocks firm but pleasantly soft?
    'Are your buttocks', if you please. Buttocks are plural.

Only may you use the verb 'is' with a soft right or soft left buttock, singularly. 😉

-m.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    12 Feb '11 16:56
    Or a "bum".
  3. Playing with matches
    Moves
    12 Feb '11 17:53
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Nah , not a prick. Sometimes annoying, granted, but far from prickish.

More of an altruistic fool, if anything.

My buttocks are the envy of bum models, my good man. And you? Are you one of those elusive, sciency types that comes up and dismisses slightly flawed premises on the spirituality forum?
    All I know about you is that your bloody funny. Th ...[text shortened]... te" is referencing (if anything), as my internet credit has limited me to this site for now...
    I stuggle with my spirituality and spent many years exploring different religions and life philosophies. I've come to the conclusion that if the Truth is out there it is, by accident and design, irretrievably mired in the self serving muck of humanity. I find those that spout with certainty that they alone hold the Truth are ignorant pigs happily rooting about in the muck and oblivious to the damage they do.

I take a simple spiritual path. I live life. I take joy in simple things. Work hard. Enjoy good food and good drink. Celebrate with my friends and family. I never squander the gift of life that I've been given.

Perhaps best of all I get to spread my wisdom to you poor misbegotten fools.

Hecate is a an ancient Goddess of the underworld. Often attributed to the Greeks/Romans, but, having roots in the religious lore of much earlier civilizations. Hecate rose like a lazy thread of smoke out of the chaos and ashes of humanity's birth. She's always haunted the fringes of humanity and much of our darker virtues, vices, magics and mysteries are attributed to her. Christianity wasn't even a thought when Hecate stalked our primative dreams. Many modern day witches and mystics would venerate Her without knowing the true nature of what they worship.

Hand of Hecate would insinuate that I'm her hierophant and a servant of chaos.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Feb '11 22:09
    Originally posted by souverein
    Not paradoxal. Both parties have only one leg to stand on. That invites to some pushing. The question remains if you got two legs or no legs at all....
    touche, my good man. Never used "paradoxian" before. I dont think its going to go far with me.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Feb '11 22:18
    I stuggle with my spirituality and spent many years exploring different religions and life philosophies. I've come to the conclusion that if the Truth is out there it is, by accident and design, irretrievably mired in the self serving muck of humanity. I find those that spout with certainty that they alone hold the Truth are ignorant pigs happily ro ...[text shortened]... worship.

.."if the Truth is out there.." . What if its "in here"? Too pedantic?

I like this Hecate business. Necessary archetype for spiritual maturity. Or so the way I read it.
    There has always been the dark side, now some actually embrace, seeing that everything is part of the all (right?)

Thnx for the spreading of wisdom, your words are well chosen and not lost on me. Probably what you leave out is just as important.
    Now enough compliments, I'm supposed to be getting tougher with people on here ,,(sorry, gotta leave ya with a smiley ) 🙂
  6. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    13 Feb '11 07:25
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Now enough compliments, I'm supposed to be getting tougher with people on here ,,(sorry, gotta leave ya with a smiley ) 🙂
    "As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens his friend" - Proverbs 27:17
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Feb '11 03:15
    I stuggle with my spirituality and spent many years exploring different religions and life philosophies. I've come to the conclusion that if the Truth is out there it is, by accident and design, irretrievably mired in the self serving muck of humanity. I find those that spout with certainty that they alone hold the Truth are ignorant pigs happily ro ...[text shortened]... worship.

"Perhaps best of all I get to spread my wisdom to you poor misbegotten fools."

What wisdom?

Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die? What a boring life you must have.
  8. Playing with matches
    Moves
    14 Feb '11 04:191 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    What a boring life you must have.
    Ahhhh... On that my melancholic little friend you have no need to fear.

May you forever be at peace with yourself.
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    15 Feb '11 17:42
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"Perhaps best of all I get to spread my wisdom to you poor misbegotten fools."

What wisdom?

Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die? What a boring life you must have.[/b]
    There are few drugs as subtly pleasurable in that deep, healthy, natural way as the ones your own body squirts inside your brain when you experience and then, through learning, overcome cognitive dissonance.

Those of you who are stuck to a particular belief system that you cannot critically examine without feeling blasphemous are denied this wonderful experience. You are also irresponsible because it means you are less able to make the world a better place due to ignorance.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree