1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 14:121 edit
    @rwingett said
    So god knew, in advance, that he was going to drown everyone? When he was creating the world, he knew that his design would cause that event?
    The difference between good and evil, righteousness and wickedness were going to be on full display. The outcome and results were to be too, yes.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 14:181 edit
    rwingett,

You see you readily resort to Acts saying they had all things in common for some positive lessons. Why not also take what Genesis says about the days of Noah, in light of Christ's teaching (Matthew) for some positive lesson?

"All things in common" you wish to derive benefit from.

Why not "As it was in the days of Noah" to derive benefit from in like manner?
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 14:21
    @divegeester said
    I don't understand what you are taking about.
    If you were depressed due to a family argument that would pass, if you were depressed over a bad grade or some failure in life these things come and go, to take your life because of them is a permanent solution to a temporary problem even though the pain could be intense.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 14:362 edits
    @kellyjay said
    The point was God does this, it doesn't matter who He was talking too.
    So tell me, is the Jesus you talk about now dead and gone, or alive sitting at the
    right hand of God?

Romans 8:34
    Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us.
    The point was God does this, it doesn't matter who He was talking too.

Evidently you don't understand the meaning of "referring to". You seem to think it means "who He was talking too (sic)" when it means "who He was talking ABOUT".

Even worse, evidently you don't even understand the meaning of the word "you" either. In Isaiah 44:2 when God used the word "you" it is as a pronoun that refers back to the nation of Israel.

In Isaiah 44:2 God is telling the nation of Israel that He is the one "who made [the nation of Israel]", who formed [the nation of Israel] in the womb", "who will help [the nation of Israel]".

In Isaiah 44:2 God is not speaking about children in the literal sense. It's figurative. It's a metaphor. God is speaking ABOUT the nation of Israel.

Isaiah 44
    1“But now listen, Jacob, my servant,
    Israel, whom I have chosen.
    2This is what the Lord says—
    he who made you, who formed you in the womb,
    and who will help you:
    Do not be afraid, Jacob, my servant,
    Jeshurun, a whom I have chosen.

That someone needs to explain really basic usage of English to you should tell you something. Seriously KJ. Take a reading comprehension class.

Can you really not understand how it makes trying to converse with you extremely difficult?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 14:453 edits
    @ThinkOfOne

Can you really not understand how it makes trying to converse with you extremely difficult?

Your selective fussiness over context coupled with hypocritical and cowardly refusal to answer the simplest critical questions, makes converse with you impossible.

But apparently that's pretty much what you want anyway.

If being formed in the womb in Isaiah doesn't do it for you, you have quite individually
    the same thing in Psalm 139.

Your beef then is only a minor problem.

A MAJOR problem is your refusal to let on that only a small portion of the New Testament do you take anything approaching seriously.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 14:501 edit
    @kellyjay said
    God sets up authority and the rule of law.

Capital punishment has been apart of life from the Old Testament law.
    You think that has changed, why?
    Evidently since KellyJay IS NOT against capital punishment or against war, any deaths resulting from them - even innocent life presumably - DO NOT "throw that time back into God's face" and "rob God of what He was
    going to get out of that life".

However since KellyJay IS against suicide and against abortion, any deaths resulting from them DO "throw that time back into God's face" and "rob God of what He was going to get out of that life".

Clearly KellyJay interprets scripture based on what he like and dislikes. Of course that's what he keeps accusing other of doing. It's a clear case of projection.
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 14:55
    @sonship said
    @ThinkOfOne

Your selective fussiness over context coupled with hypocritical and cowardly refusal to answer the simplest critical questions, makes converse with you impossible.

But apparently that's pretty much what you want anyway.

If being formed ...[text shortened]... to let on that only a small portion of the New Testament do you take anything approaching seriously.
    Let's finish addressing Isaiah 44 first. Can you explain to KJ that he misunderstood both what God was saying and what I was saying? It might get KJ to FINALLY get the help he needs.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 15:00
    @ThinkOfOne

Because you can point that out, it does ZERO for your own deceptive disingenuity. Why don't you answer his question?

That is his and those of others as well.

So tell me, is the Jesus you talk about now dead and gone, or alive sitting at the
    right hand of God?
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 15:061 edit
    @sonship said
    @ThinkOfOne

Because you can point that out, it does ZERO for your own deceptive disingenuity. Why don't you answer his question?

That is his and those of others as well.

right hand of God?
    You're REALLY not doing KJ any favors by not telling him. Evidently he'll need to be told and told often by more than a few different people before he'll be able to set aside his pride and get the help he needs. If he can play chess on this site at a 1600+ level, he should be able to acquire basic reading comprehension skills.

Why don't you answer his question?

Because it has absolutely nothing to do with the OP which is the topic of discussion. It's a red herring meant to deflect. How is such a concept so far out of the grasp of you and others?
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 15:10
    @kellyjay said
    You should read the whole Bible not just your pet verses.
    More deflection from KJ when he's shown to be spewing nonsense. And so it goes...
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 15:221 edit
    @ThinkOfOne

You're REALLY not doing KJ any favors by not telling him.

Right now, my attention is towards your writings.

Evidently he'll need to be told and told often by more than a few different people before he'll be able to set aside his pride and get the help he needs.

Right now my attention is about YOU. And if I recall rightly, more than one person has pointed out your evasive refusal to answer the simplest crucial questions.

If I DEVOTED an entire thread to Jesus resurrection and exaltation at the right hand of God, so that that was the CENTER and CIRCUMFERENCE of the discussion, I think you STILL would weasel around exposing your unbelief.

You could be a man, and just say "I don't believe Christ rose."

I don't know what disguising your unbelief into something seemingly more sophisticated does for your credibility.

Its noteworthy that others even of the skeptical crowd have pointed out that you EVADE questions.

If he can play chess on this site at a 1600+ level, he should be able to acquire basic reading comprehension skills.

Reading comprehension, reading comprehension.

Your reading comprehension card is selective to the extreme.
    How do you read and comprehend that the New Testament says that Christ resurrected and was exalted to the right hand of God?

How is your reading comprehension when the NT says TODAY Christ has His ministry ?

"Now in the things which are being said the CHIEF POINT is this:

We have such a High Priest, who sat down on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens.

A MINISTER of the holy places, even of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, not man." (Hebrews 8:1,2)

So your New Testament says Christ has a MINISTRY NOW, TODAY, being a Minister.

Suddenly, ThinkOfOne's "reading comprehension" evaporates into non-existence in your effort to AVOID the teaching of the New Testament.

Because it has absolutely nothing to do with the OP which is the topic of discussion. It's a red herring meant to deflect. How is such a concept so far out of the grasp of you and others?

That is not the reason.
    Evasion, stealth, concealment that you teaching AGAINST the Bible not for the Bible is the reason.

To give a false impression to those who you think are gullible is the reason you don't answer. And that regardless of the OP.
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 15:30
    @sonship said
    @ThinkOfOne

You're REALLY not doing KJ any favors by not telling him.

Right now, my attention is towards your writings.

Evidently he'll need to be told and told often by more than a few different people before he'll be able to set aside his pride and get the help he needs.

Right now my attention is about YOU. And if I recall rightly ...[text shortened]... n to those who you think are gullible is the reason you don't answer. And that regardless of the OP.
    And yet somehow it's you COMPLETELY off topic on this thread, Off topic with a long-winded multiple-post ad hominem attack.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 17:12
    @kellyjay said
    If you were depressed due to a family argument that would pass, if you were depressed over a bad grade or some failure in life these things come and go, to take your life because of them is a permanent solution to a temporary problem even though the pain could be intense.
    I don't think you have much of an idea about the link between mental health and suicide.
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Oct '18 11:38
    @thinkofone said
    More deflection from KJ when he's shown to be spewing nonsense. And so it goes...
    That's rich coming from you. Deflection seems to be your only skill.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Oct '18 02:39
    @dj2becker said
    That's rich coming from you. Deflection seems to be your only skill.
    Have you noticed that some believe the Word of God is in the Bible, then there
    are those that think the Word of God is the Bible? The difference is telling when
    someone has to ignore passages, books, authors, anything that doesn't fit the
    narrative they think is truth instead of looking at scripture as a whole comparing
    scripture with scripture they just blow off what they don't like and blame those
    that don't see what they do as flawed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree