1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 06:501 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Have you noticed that some believe the Word of God is in the Bible, then there
    are those that think the Word of God is the Bible? The difference is telling when
    someone has to ignore passages, books, authors, anything that doesn't fit the
    narrative they think is truth instead of looking at scripture as a whole comparing
    scripture with scripture they just blow off what they don't like and blame those
    that don't see what they do as flawed.
    The bible needs to be approached with honesty.

Which parts of Revelation are metaphors?
    Which parts are literal?
    How do you decide between them?

Rhetorical questions where you are concerned, because all you respond with are your furball deflections about what is truth and what is written and blah blah.

Take my questions to you and go and ask someone in authority at your church, come back and post their reply here.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 08:03
    @divegeester said
    The bible needs to be approached with honesty.

Which parts of Revelation are metaphors?
    Which parts are literal?
    How do you decide between them?

Rhetorical questions where you are concerned, because all you respond with are your furball deflections about what is truth and what is written and blah blah.

Take my questions to you and go and ask someone in authority at your church, come back and post their reply here.
    I take it all as truth and don't worry about it. As I said it is all there for a reason,
    it you want to split hairs that is on you, it adds nothing to the conversation about
    scripture either way. You could literal or metaphor yourself completely out of your
    faith before its all said and done. What church are you referring too, I never bring
    up denominations here, that is just another insult dive.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 08:06
    @kellyjay said
    I take it all as truth and don't worry about it. As I said it is all there for a reason,
    it you want to split hairs that is on you, it adds nothing to the conversation about
    scripture either way. You could literal or metaphor yourself completely out of your
    faith before its all said and done. What church are you referring too, I never bring
    up denominations here, that is just another insult dive.
    You have unequivocally stated that all of Revelation 19 is “literal, not metaphor”

Which parts of the rest of Revelation do you consider to be literal, which parts methaphor and how do you distinguish between them?
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 08:16
    @divegeester said
    You have unequivocally stated that all of Revelation 19 is “literal, not metaphor”

Which parts of the rest of Revelation do you consider to be literal, which parts methaphor and how do you distinguish between them?
    I don't distinguish between them as I told you, they are there for a reason, I accept
    it all as truth. Literal or metaphoric they are there to lead us and guide us, to teach us
    right from wrong, bring us to God not away from Him, then it all has be taken
    seriously.

You rejecting an eternal hell, no matter what it will not stop if from being true if it
    is, I see no reason to not accept that as a literal place doing specific things forever.
    Even if it is very symbolic, the truth could be no less worse.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree