1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Feb '14 18:092 edits
    Tonight my wife bought me a bottle of champagne to kick off the birthday evening celebrations, which will continue in a nice restaurant where I shall be fussed and enjoy great food and warm company and reminisce on good times and look hopefully on what the year ahead holds.

I have received loads of warm regards and good wishes from friends around the world, greeting cards, texts, FB messages, phone calls and visits from family. It is wonderful, and it's a Saturday, and Chelsea won.

And if I was a Jehovah's Witness none of this would be allowed.

Edit: not even the football as I remember robbie railing against watching the Olympics in 2012 so obviously sport is bad too.

Edit2: oh and my wife would possibly not be here with me tonight as she needed a blood transfusion last year for a critical condition.
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    22 Feb '14 18:15
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Tonight my wife bought me a bottle of champagne to kick off the birthday evening celebrations, which will continue in a nice restaurant where I shall be fussed and enjoy great food and warm company and reminisce on good times and what the year ahead holds.

I have received loads of warm regards and good wishes from friends around the world, greeting c ...[text shortened]... ot be here with me tonight as she needed a blood transfusion last year for a critical condition.
    Happy Birthday.
    I wish i was there.
    I hope you had a good time!
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    22 Feb '14 18:43
    Tonight my wife bought me a bottle of champagne to kick off the birthday evening celebrations, which will continue in a nice restaurant where I shall be fussed and enjoy great food and warm company and reminisce on good times and look hopefully on what the year ahead holds.

I have received loads of warm regards and good wishes from friends around the ...[text shortened]... ot be here with me tonight as she needed a blood transfusion last year for a critical condition.
    Happy birthday.

So what do you think will happen with JWs after they die?
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    22 Feb '14 19:00

I have received loads of warm regards and good wishes from friends around the ...[text shortened]... ot be here with me tonight as she needed a blood transfusion last year for a critical condition.
    Glad you and your wife are happy.....
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Feb '14 19:07

And if I was a Jehovah's Witness none of this would be allowed.

If RC is any indication, the JW's are more about paying lip service to abstaining from practices which have "pagan roots" than they are about actually doing it. It's more marketing strategy for differentiating their product than anything else. Pancake Tuesday is just around the corner. If RC remains true to form, he'll once again post in advance about how his wife will "just happen" to make pancakes that day for him to consume. Why would birthdays be any different?
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Feb '14 20:50

Congrats, dive. Maybe I'll have a few tonight in your honor.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Feb '14 21:041 edit
    (to the tune of Happy Birthday)

Happy Birthday to you.
    We're glad you had two.
    This day and the great day,
    When Jesus saved you.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Feb '14 21:132 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Feb '14 21:16

All the Best and Every Good Wish on Your Birthday, divegeester. May you stay well and prosper in 2014.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Feb '14 21:19
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Happy birthday.

So what do you think will happen with JWs after they die?
    A anniversarial party of some sort I hope.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Feb '14 21:19
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Glad you and your wife are happy.....
    Thanks Galvo. Seriously.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Feb '14 21:20
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Point accepted.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Feb '14 21:23
    Thanks all. It's a pleasure to know each of you.

#notdrunk
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Feb '14 21:38
    Thanks all. It's a pleasure to know each of you.

#notdrunk
    Curiously, your Birthday is one day following Red Hot Pawn's: [February 21, 2001] Thread 158054
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Feb '14 21:47
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Curiously, your Birthday is one day following Red Hot Pawn's: [February 21, 2001] Thread 158054
    Russ is my father.

#nnnooooooooo.................

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree