Reasons not to be a Jehovah's Witness #1

Reasons not to be a Jehovah's Witness #1

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
22 Feb 14

Originally posted by divegeester
Russ is my father.

#nnnooooooooo.................
Hmm... thought Russ and his wife had a house full of boys.
LOL

Moves
22 Feb 14

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Curiously, your Birthday is one day following Red Hot Pawn's: [February 21, 2001] Thread 158054
What on Earth is curious about that? We have 365 or some years 366 days in a year. Do the calculations.

Happy birthday Divegeester!

Moves
22 Feb 14

Tonight my wife bought me a bottle of champagne to kick off the birthday evening celebrations, which will continue in a nice restaurant where I shall be fussed and enjoy great food and warm company and reminisce on good times and look hopefully on what the year ahead holds.

I have received loads of warm regards and good wishes from friends around the ...[text shortened]... ot be here with me tonight as she needed a blood transfusion last year for a critical condition.
Every time someone starts an anti-JW thread, it reinforces at least one JW's reason for being a Witness; if they see it.

Just saying.

rc

Moves
23 Feb 14

Originally posted by JS357
Every time someone starts an anti-JW thread, it reinforces at least one JW's reason for being a Witness; if they see it.

Just saying.
It simply reminds me that the internet is a zombie apocalypse, so much blabber and drool

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
23 Feb 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
It simply reminds me that the internet is a zombie apocalypse, so much blabber and drool
We heard you the first 50 times.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
23 Feb 14

Originally posted by Kegge
What on Earth is curious about that? We have 365 or some years 366 days in a year. Do the calculations.

Happy birthday Divegeester!
Kegge, perhaps reading a few familiar lines from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland will help calm your soul:

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Moves
23 Feb 14
1 edit

Originally posted by JS357

Just saying.
Not quite sure what your mean but whatever you do mean it won't mean enough to not do it.

rc

Moves
23 Feb 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
We heard you the first 50 times.
do zombies hear? I thought they just blabbered and drooled, for although we have ears, we actually hear with the mind.

Moves
23 Feb 14
1 edit

There are three types of people in Robbie's world:

1) Jehovah's witnesses

2) Atheists with butts worth kissing

3) Drooling zombie-apocalypse self-certified blabbering worthless nominal non-awesome deluded haters of truth

Moves
23 Feb 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
Congrats, dive. Maybe I'll have a few tonight in your honor.
Did you?

I'm moderately delicate this morning.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
23 Feb 14

Tonight my wife bought me a bottle of champagne to kick off the birthday evening celebrations, which will continue in a nice restaurant where I shall be fussed and enjoy great food and warm company and reminisce on good times and look hopefully on what the year ahead holds.

I have received loads of warm regards and good wishes from friends around the ...[text shortened]... ot be here with me tonight as she needed a blood transfusion last year for a critical condition.
Happy Birthday divegeester, best to you and yours 😵

Moves
23 Feb 14

Originally posted by black beetle
Happy Birthday divegeester, best to you and yours 😵
Thanks BB. It as a good one this year for many reasons, most are in the OP.

Ro

Moves
23 Feb 14

There are three types of people in Robbie's world:

1) Jehovah's witnesses

2) Atheists with butts worth kissing

3) Drooling zombie-apocalypse self-certified blabbering worthless nominal non-awesome deluded haters of truth
I'm not sure JWs allow butt kissing. It's not natural, you know.

Anyway, glad you had a good birthday, and hope your wife is fully recovered now.

Moves
23 Feb 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Rank outsider
I'm not sure JWs allow butt kissing. It's not natural, you know.

Anyway, glad you had a good birthday, and hope your wife is fully recovered now.
Thank you, yes she needed an urgent blood transfusion some time ago which has saved her health in many ways, and possibly even her life. Had we been Jehovah's witnesses I'm absolutely certain her long-term health would have been in severe jeopardy.

Isn't it incredulous that our resident JWs here will go through Ancient Greek text to find a minutiae of support for their dogma and yet without even questioning it, accept the life threatening doctrine on blood transfusions on the flimsiest of scriptural inference.

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
23 Feb 14

A friend of mine is a Buddhist and doesn't celebrate Christmas because it's a Christian holiday; his wife is a JW and SHE doesn't celebrate it because it's a pagan holiday (co-opted from Saturnalia or something). Go figure.

She was taught as a child that higher education for girls is like polishing the brass on a sinking ship: useless. She's a magistrate now, bless her.

Happy B'day to ya.