1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 Nov '13 04:33
    Red Hot Pawn's Spirituality Forum: 2013 Poll

Format of Red Hot Pawn's Spirituality Forum: "Debate and general discussion of the supernatural,
    religion, and the life after." -Russ This public forum is by far the most active on the site. Why?

1) People enjoy debating (for its own sake)?

2) People like to discuss supernatural phenomena?

3) People want to promote a particular religion?

4) People are concerned about their eternal destiny?

5) Other?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Nov '13 04:59
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Red Hot Pawn's Spirituality Forum: 2013 Poll

Format of Red Hot Pawn's Spirituality Forum: "Debate and general discussion of the supernatural,
    religion, and the life after." -Russ This public forum is by far the most active on the site. Why?

...[text shortened]... mote a particular religion?

5) Other?[/b]
    5) Most people want to know the Truth of the Spirit.

The Instructor
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Nov '13 10:11

5) Other?[/b]
    1,2,3 and 5.
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    23 Nov '13 12:09

5) Other?[/b]
    I'm mostly interested in reading how religious people make sense of their beliefs and how it sometimes makes them reach incredibly wonderous conclusions.

I would love it if I could turn a theist into an atheist but know that that will never happen.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 Nov '13 12:511 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead

1,2,3 and 5.
    "5) Other" Care to comment further?
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 Nov '13 12:55
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    I'm mostly interested in reading how religious people make sense of their beliefs and how it sometimes makes them reach incredibly wonderous conclusions.

I would love it if I could turn a theist into an atheist but know that that will never happen.
    "I would love it if I could turn a theist into an atheist but know that that will never happen."

User 377285 <---- This one's willing to listen and consider an atheist's claims.
  7. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    23 Nov '13 13:40
    Alright then,

Succinctly, what are your top three questions?
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Nov '13 15:21
    "5) Other" Care to comment further?
    In my case, to promote rational thinking and discourage irrational thinking.
    However, I included 5 partly because I am sure there are other people with a whole variety of motivations.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Nov '13 15:23
    User 377285 <---- This one's willing to listen and consider an atheist's claims.
    The whole concept of a soul that can survive death is flawed beyond repair. I am yet to meet a theist that is willing to consider that possibility or discuss it in detail.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 Nov '13 15:31

hey, i'm interested in learning new belief things. my name's ryan. me an my wife chloe just moved from california to dallas/ft worth a few weeks ago. some of the guys at the shop were telling me about how your boss ross moved the new server to this area. and about how great rhp forums are. they play chess to. but I don't. only checkers.

anyhoo, enuff about me. is your real name somethin like george? maybe i'll just call you george... nah, how about gk. ok. my best friend in high school was morris witherspoon but we all called him 'mousey'. ha, he really was an um azin guy, lifted weights and wrestled. but he wasn't a bully and was fun to be around. most of the girls said mousey was cool.

ok... one, will your offer cost me cash money and how much? two, do i need to go to meetings and be around insensitive people i can't stand? and last, is there some old book i have to read and memorize? thanks, gk. -ryan
  11. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    23 Nov '13 16:17
    Sorry Ryan, I was having - or so I thought - a conversation with Grampy Bobby. Can't help you right now. If you see Bobby, tell him I'm stil here.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 Nov '13 16:301 edit
    Sorry Ryan, I was having - or so I thought - a conversation with Grampy Bobby. Can't help you right now. If you see Bobby, tell him I'm stil here.
    oh, how disappointing. who is he? well, you must have ur own good reasons. do you think any of your friends would help me understand 'atheist' knowledge. neither chloe or me go to any church or synagogue. see, we really don't know what to believe. her questions are different from mine.... like do the atheists splash water in your face or put your head under water like you are drowning? also, does she have to join a choir. does she have to wear a hat or veil to your meetings? ttyl, ryan
  13. SubscriberPianoman1
    Nil desperandum
    Seedy piano bar
    Moves
    23 Nov '13 17:59
    oh, how disappointing. who is he? well, you must have ur own good reasons. do you think any of your friends would help me understand 'atheist' knowledge. neither chloe or me go to any church or synagogue. see, we really don't know what to believe. her questions are different from mine.... lie do the atheists splash water in your face or put your head un ...[text shortened]... does she have to join a choir. does she have to wear a hat or veil to your meetings? ttyl, ryan
    woah, I mean woah, like ryan you gotta get urself down to my ole atheeeeist denhole smartish like right now cos we havin a ball, I mean no splashing water and dumb stuff like that in peoples faces, we havin a mighty atheeeeist convenshun and its hottin up, let yous all know later, damien.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 Nov '13 18:111 edit
    Originally posted by Pianoman1
    woah, I mean woah, like ryan you gotta get urself down to my ole atheeeeist denhole smartish like right now cos we havin a ball, I mean no splashing water and dumb stuff like that in peoples faces, we havin a mighty atheeeeist convenshun and its hottin up, let yous all know later, damien.
    gk said, "I would love it if I could turn a theist into an atheist but know that that will never happen."
    damien, you seem like a thinking man but do you share gk the rat's desire or are you just a troll?
    -ryan
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Nov '13 20:32
    Originally posted by Pianoman1
    You atheists just thow whole pies in peoples face. I've seen it on TV.

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree