1. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Feb '15 12:49
    Originally posted by sonship
    Yes I am glad I am a person living in the civil law system under a significant amount of influence from Judeo/Christian ethics rather than living in Israel during the time of Moses and Joshua or even Jesus of Nazareth.
    Why are you thankful? What was so bad about Gods laws?
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 Feb '15 13:52
    All your references to "little girl" I take a just emotive red herrings.

And I think its time for you to answer my question.
    Are you concerned that if you become a disciple of Jesus you will be called upon to participate in a stoning ?
    "All your references to "little girl" I take a just emotive red herrings. "
    this law refers directly to little girls. that's what they were. there were no "i am gonna go to college before i get married" girls. many were married as soon as they were pubescent, maybe later if there were no customers.

"Are you concerned that if you become a disciple of Jesus you will be called upon to participate in a stoning "
    i know i won't. because you cannot call yourself christian and condone the horrible acts done in the old testament. many jews who have nothing but the old testament don't condone what was done there.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 Feb '15 14:03
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    The text talks about a young girl they would still be living with their father
    in their fathers home, little girl would imply a child, stick with the text!

I've asked why that God would put that in the text, not that its there! What
    reason, what does it do, or prevent! I'm not attempting to jerk your chain
    or insult you.

Logic, was what people were ...[text shortened]... put up rules and introduced marriage.
    Why, if man did it would he, and if God did it would He?
    "The text talks about a young girl they would still be living with their father
    in their fathers home, little girl would imply a child, stick with the text!"
    really? semantics? that's what you have left? what am i saying, of course that's all you have.

"I've asked why that God would put that in the text, not that its there! What
    reason, what does it do, or prevent! I'm not attempting to jerk your chain
    or insult you."
    when you ask the same question 3 or 4 times and i answer the same each time, naturally i assume you are trying to annoy me. this would be the fourth or fifth time i answer:

HE WOULDN'T. HE DIDN'T. i gave you reasons why he wouldn't. it is a horrible law made by men with no divine intervention in order to impose their morality on women and to keep them subjugated.

"Why, if man did it would he, and if God did it would He"
    if it wasn't for marriage ANY man would "take" any woman. marriage is useful for man because it prevents other man from taking HIS woman. HIS property. marriage was useful because it provided a safe environment to raise children, again something even the most sexist patriarch would recognize.

this law came to reinforce the idea that only one man is entitled to a woman's vagina, her husband. and he set up laws that would kill anyone who dared to infringe upon his property. laws that JESUS struck down.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 Feb '15 14:07
    When David had committed a certain sin God sent a prophet to David giving him a choice of three punishments to choose from.

David was to select ONE of the punishments as a consequence of his sin. David, being an Israelite under the law of Moses replied -

[b]"Let me fall into the hands of the Lord, because He is merciful. But don't let me fall into th ...[text shortened]... least I know that it will be fair." Or he knew that the chances of receiving mercy were greater.
    how da fuk was david's punishment fair?

he killed a woman's husband. used his influence (he was the king) to force a widow to marry him. and who dies? his son.

how is that fair?

not to mention all the crap that went on after that which was supposedly God's doing. (david's son rapes his sister, seriously)
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 Feb '15 14:10
    I agree with this and if I'm not mistaken there are times God rebukes us
    for going to far in our judgments and ;punishments as well.
    in the new testament.

in the old testament, the one you hold so dear, god sent a flood because some people were bad.
    he sent plagues to egyptians just to show off how awesome he is.
    he told the israelites to murder the canaanites and steal their land.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Feb '15 03:39
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    in the new testament.

in the old testament, the one you hold so dear, god sent a flood because some people were bad.
    he sent plagues to egyptians just to show off how awesome he is.
    he told the israelites to murder the canaanites and steal their land.
    I hold the whole Bible dear the new is as dear as the old.
    You want to change the subject now it appears, I guess you no longer
    care about your complaint on OT marriage. Okay, well I hope you get
    interest in your new topics of discussion.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Feb '15 03:48
    "The text talks about a young girl they would still be living with their father
    in their fathers home, little girl would imply a child, stick with the text!"
    really? semantics? that's what you have left? what am i saying, of course that's all you have.

"I've asked why that God would put that in the text, not that its there! What
    reason, what does it ...[text shortened]... aws that would kill anyone who dared to infringe upon his property. laws that JESUS struck down.
    The law subjugated everyone man and women, and again what reason
    would even a sinful man want to do away with freedom to take who they
    wanted when they wanted? I can see God putting rules up to stop man
    from doing whatever he wanted to do, why would a man do that? You don't
    need rules to force the weak to do your will if your stronger and do not
    regard them with value. Marriage puts value on both, and the bonds that
    bind them.

You again assume that men would automatically care about raising their
    children, they don't in today's society more times than not marriages fall
    apart and men leave. Why would a sinful man put up rules that would
    bind him into a relationship that he could be put to death if he broke the
    bonds of marriage?

Your property is yours to do with as you will, you don't need rules that
    stop you from doing that! So what is it about marriage selfish men would
    need they didn't have already by might makes right?

Jesus didn't strike down any OT law!
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Feb '15 05:46
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Why are you thankful? What was so bad about Gods laws?
    He is thankful that U.S. civil law is more liberal, not that there is anything bad about God's law. 😏
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Feb '15 08:24
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    He is thankful that U.S. civil law is more liberal, not that there is anything bad about God's law. 😏
    That doesn't answer the question. Why would one be thankful that U.S. civil law is more liberal unless there is something undesirable about Gods law?
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    25 Feb '15 13:49
    The law subjugated everyone man and women, and again what reason
    would even a sinful man want to do away with freedom to take who they
    wanted when they wanted? I can see God putting rules up to stop man
    from doing whatever he wanted to do, why would a man do that? You don't
    need rules to force the weak to do your will if your stronger and do not
    regard ...[text shortened]... uld
    need they didn't have already by might makes right?

Jesus didn't strike down any OT law!
    non sequitors, ignorance, bad judgement overall.

i don't know where to start. i only skimmed your post and felt dumber. i give up.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Feb '15 23:04
    non sequitors, ignorance, bad judgement overall.

i don't know where to start. i only skimmed your post and felt dumber. i give up.
    Typical.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Feb '15 15:10
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    That doesn't answer the question. Why would one be thankful that U.S. civil law is more liberal unless there is something undesirable about Gods law?
    I was thinking that maybe under more liberal laws some might get away with breaking laws or get lighter punishments. Do you understand that?
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Feb '15 15:52
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I was thinking that maybe under more liberal laws some might get away with breaking laws or get lighter punishments. Do you understand that?
    Yes, I do. It still doesn't answer the question.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree