1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Sep '16 13:29
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    You cannot correctly recognise anyone's notions of justice and morality as coherent or incoherent if there were no universally correct standard of a coherence to judge them by.
    It's odd then that you have pointedly been unable to demonstrate that there is such a thing as a "universally correct standard of a coherence to judge people by".
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Sep '16 13:30
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Tell me, do you believe God revealed Himself to Muhammed through Gabriel?
    No, of course not. Why would I believe that? Do you?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Sep '16 20:25
    Originally posted by FMF
    No, of course not. Why would I believe that? Do you?
    Why would you believe that?

Well, mainly because Muslims also believe that God has not revealed Himself to anyone, especially Christians.

They do, however, believe that God revealed an aspect of Himself, His 'speech', the Quran, to Muhammed, but only through Gabriel. I was wondering if your exposition of your belief wasn't some 'nit-picky' thing like this, i.e. "well, I didn't say that, did I?"

I will ask you, flat out, just so that all can see it on record: Are you a Muslim? Converted or otherwise?

I imagine you'll say no, but that may or may not be the truth. You've always claimed that "no one can believe something they do not already believe" (this may be a paraphrase). This would infer that you are not a convert. (And not to mention that you claim to once be a Christian, but no longer are, showing that one can indeed believe something they did not already believe.) Your disdain of all things Christian also follows. The mistrust of Christians by Muslims is nearly as widespread as Christians' mistrust of Muslims. Misunderstanding is rampant on both sides.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Sep '16 22:08
    I will ask you, flat out, just so that all can see it on record: Are you a Muslim? Converted or otherwise?

I imagine you'll say no, but that may or may not be the truth.
    No, I'm not a Muslim.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Sep '16 23:19
    Why would you believe that?

Well, mainly because Muslims also believe that God has not revealed Himself to anyone, especially Christians.

They do, however, believe that God revealed an aspect of Himself, His 'speech', the Quran, to Muhammed, but only through Gabriel. I was wondering if your exposition of your belief wasn't some 'nit-picky' thing like ...[text shortened]... ly as widespread as Christians' mistrust of Muslims. Misunderstanding is rampant on both sides.
    Less sauce more brain.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Sep '16 08:54
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Less sauce more brain.
    Sorry to hear that. I expect that, with a bit more education, you might actually obtain more 'brain'.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Sep '16 09:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    No, I'm not a Muslim.
    Fair enough, I can only take this at face value.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '16 10:31
    Fair enough, I can only take this at face value.
    What other "value" might you take it at? I take everything you say, and the way you behave, "at face value" too. Is there some other way we are supposed to take the claims and views of other posters?
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Sep '16 20:311 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    What other "value" might you take it at? I take everything you say, and the way you behave, "at face value" too. Is there some other way we are supposed to take the claims and views of other posters?
    Oh, come now.

I wasn't born yesterday, and neither were you.

Your forum combat techniques here are well-known. Obviously, being 'gracious' isn't one of them. But at least I don't expect that from you.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '16 22:321 edit
    Oh, come now.

I wasn't born yesterday, and neither were you.

Your forum combat techniques here are well-known. Obviously, being 'gracious' isn't one of them. But at least I don't expect that from you.
    And what does whether you think I am "gracious" or not have to with whether you think I am a Muslim or not?
  11. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    09 Sep '16 14:47
    From the sidelines - this was a rather strange interlude.

From none of FMF's posts have I ever detected any hidden sign that he may be a muslim. Where did that come from?

From what we know he is an atheist convert from pseudo-Christianity, or at least from the Christianity that was practiced by those around him when he made that choice.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Sep '16 14:50
    Originally posted by CalJust
    From the sidelines - this was a rather strange interlude.

From none of FMF's posts have I ever detected any hidden sign that he may be a muslim. Where did that come from?

From what we know he is an atheist convert from pseudo-Christianity, or at least from the Christianity that was practiced by those around him when he made that choice.
    No, FMF is not an atheist.
  13. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    09 Sep '16 19:07
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    No, FMF is not an atheist.
    The only difference is he has a gut feeling.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Sep '16 19:25
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    The only difference is he has a gut feeling.
    A gut feeling that 'God exists.'

And you view that as compatible with being an atheist, even though being so requires the opposite gut feeling?

What planet are you on?
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 Sep '16 20:08
    Originally posted by CalJust
    From what we know he is an atheist convert from pseudo-Christianity, ....
    Why do you describe it as pseudo-Christianity? Or is that how you describe all Christianity that isn't your preferred denomination? Or is it a term you reserve for the former beliefs of those that have left the religion? Are you perhaps claiming that Real Christians (tm) can never leave the faith?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree