1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 May '16 18:18
    Originally posted by josephw
    I think I know what you're trying to say.
    Do you have a scripture for that, because I didn't get it at all...?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 May '16 19:05
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    True, but does something that comes from the Holy Spirit less significant for us as a quote
    from Jesus?
    I don't think so, but usually people who hear from God via holy spirit usually seek confirmation. For example if he told you to move to another location, etc.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 May '16 20:09
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I don't think so, but usually people who hear from God via holy spirit usually seek confirmation. For example if he told you to move to another location, etc.
    My thoughts at the start of this thread had more to do with what we find in scripture not so
    much being led by God in our daily lives. Inside the book of John for example if God gave
    John some insight that came from the Holy Spirit would that be on par with a quote from
    Jesus if he wrote it down in the book?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 May '16 20:36
    My thoughts at the start of this thread had more to do with what we find in scripture not so
    much being led by God in our daily lives. Inside the book of John for example if God gave
    John some insight that came from the Holy Spirit would that be on par with a quote from
    Of course, if it was truth. But how would he, or you, know?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 May '16 20:43
    My answer would still be yes. The bible says so.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 May '16 15:31
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    My answer would still be yes. The bible says so.
    There was a conversation awhile back about the book of John and if something in it was
    what Jesus actually said in the 3rd chapter. Now if it is true that even if John wrote the
    following, or he was actually quoting Jesus talking, the truth is still from God correct?

Since the Holy Spirit had inspired John the truth of the statement would stand regardless.
    I believe it was Jesus, but even if I'm wrong it is still just as important than if it were a
    quote from Jesus your opinion?

John 3:
    16 “For God so loved the world,[i] that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. 19 And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. 20 For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. 21 But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.”

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree