1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 18:41
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    For me I wouldn't be with my girlie if it wasn't for the spiritual connection. We wouldn't have a child together and she would just be a blip on my memory.

Of course there are many other factors that make a successful relationship.
    However divorce rates are very high and the ones that stay married aren't always happy.

I think the key lies in bein ...[text shortened]... rom Proper Knob, Agerg and any other athiests that have a take on a successful relationship.
    What do you mean by "spiritual connection". Does this mean you just connect in the sack or are just well suited? Is there more...?
  2. St. Peter's
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 18:51
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    The quick answer would be respect, communication and compromise.
    Agreed though I would swap compromise with collaberation, it takes a couple beyond the possibilities frontier of simple cooperation. I like the idea of accomodation, though I still think collaborating is better.
  3. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 20:18
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Heh...this is the bit where I'm supposed to wade in like an alpha male and regale you all with wonderful tales of how I'm a real hit with the ladies and teach you all the key parts that make me successful in long lasting relationships. The truth however is that after developing alopecia universalis[hidden]all hair = bye bye[/hidden]back in 2004, what little co ...[text shortened]... h... but nothing else :[

With that, I respectfully bow out of this conversation. :]
    Alopecia universalis! You lucky B*****d! That's a disorder that I for one would LOVE to suffer from. I'd swap all my hair for yours in an instant if I could. Well, most of them - I'd like to keep my eyelashes if that's ok, they do a job of work.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 21:011 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Not sure what you're looking for here - especially the bit about a "'one size fits all' type of out look (like Dasa's)". What is Dasa's outlook on "relationships for the spiritual aspirant"? Also what do you mean by "good for some peoples spirituality"?
    Dasa says no sex except for procreation.

I've seen guys "open up" after being with an energetic female, so I say this is good for their spirituality.

I'm just keeping it simple here. If you dont have a take, you dont have a take.
    S'all good
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 21:08
    Originally posted by divegeester
    What do you mean by "spiritual connection". Does this mean you just connect in the sack or are just well suited? Is there more...?
    I mean like you just open up to someone,(guy or girl), and they are like finishing your sentneces and agreeing. Nodding and going "Yeah!! Me too!!" while conversing. Stuff like that. Y'know connecting.

And it is really rare for me to meet someone who I can just rant to and not worry what they will think. So when I came across my special girlie and she was into this weird-ass s*** ,like me, we both thought and to this day still think that we had a spiritual connection.
    If there was no spiritual connection, there would be no child, no more relationship.
  6. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 21:08
    Dasa says no sex except for procreation.

I've seen guys "open up" after being with an energetic female, so I say this is good for their spirituality.

I'm just keeping it simple here. If you dont have a take, you dont have a take.
    S'all good
    l think the renowned sage George Michael summed it up best

"Sex is natural sex is good , not everybody does it , but everbody should..."
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 21:09
    Originally posted by Doward
    Agreed though I would swap compromise with collaberation, it takes a couple beyond the possibilities frontier of simple cooperation. I like the idea of accomodation, though I still think collaborating is better.
    I use "meeting each other half way". She seems to like that one and still credits me for it.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 21:11
    Originally posted by nook7
    l think the renowned sage George Michael summed it up best

"Sex is natural sex is good , not everybody does it , but everbody should..."
    Yeah, guys dont need sex when they're gettin sum. But when they're not...then they might be a little different. Hahaha.

(not exactly related to your post, but hey)
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 21:12
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Alopecia universalis! You lucky B*****d! That's a disorder that I for one would LOVE to suffer from. I'd swap all my hair for yours in an instant if I could. Well, most of them - I'd like to keep my eyelashes if that's ok, they do a job of work.
    Would your girlie/wife like that? 🙂
  10. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 21:13
    Yeah, guys dont need sex when they're gettin sum. But when they're not...then they might be a little different. Hahaha.

(not exactly related to your post, but hey)
    lol
  11. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 21:22
    Would your girlie/wife like that? 🙂
    In all honesty I don't think it would make any difference at all to our relationship.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 21:28
    In all honesty I don't think it would make any difference at all to our relationship.
    So does spirituality play any part?

Its not too personal of a question, is it? I dont want to be out of line here.

Clearly from your answer you 2 are beyond surface beauty.

After all, marriage is supposed to be in front of "God" and everything, so where are the christians with their views?
    What about marriage out of wedlock? Do people stll place much importance on stuff like that?
  13. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 21:36
    So does spirituality play any part?

Its not too personal of a question, is it? I dont want to be out of line here.

Clearly from your answer you 2 are beyond surface beauty.

After all, marriage is supposed to be in front of "God" and everything, so where are the christians with their views?
    What about marriage out of wedlock? Do people stll place much importance on stuff like that?
    We just discussed that, albeit fairly briefly. We concluded, in agreement, that while we both pursue spiritual understanding separately and together, our relationship seems to be independent of this. We could not decide whether or not we felt that love was in some way spiritual, but we both agreed that it was not necessarily so.
  14. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 21:491 edit
    Well , I can relate. Although I haven't lost my hair, I was repulsive to the opposite sex for being too "out there".I got a bad rep around a small town. I didn't touch a woman for 6 years.

I know its an old stale addage but it is really whats inside that counts. and from your posts I can see that you would make an excellent companion for a lady, if ould,ve just passed.

I'm just lucky to have found a great gal thats meets my criteria.
    ...I know its an old stale addage but it is really whats inside that counts. and from your posts I can see that you would make an excellent companion for a lady, if you so desired...
    Aye I've heard variants of that sentiment many times - indeed they say there is a girl out there for every bloke...thing is, no mention is made of locality! If true mine probably lives in some secluded are of Siberia or is locked away in a tower in the land of "Far Far Away" (I actually look like a skinny and non green version of Shrek ;])
  15. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 21:553 edits
    double post

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree