1. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Joined
    13 Nov '03
    Moves
    20532
    08 Nov '05 22:03
    Sorry for copying another thread here.😳
    -I had an upbringing in a Christian environment which was enjoyable and good.As the other children and myself were growing up we got to an age where church was not compulsory but a personal option.What happened to many of us is we found a desire to go and explore the world.Quite a few of us ended up eating too much chocolate cake and ended up in the gutter.From one extreme to the other.I don't go to church but was wondering about what special attention those who do go to church take to help these young adults out?:'(
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148418
    08 Nov '05 22:15
    Originally posted by windmill
    Sorry for copying another thread here.😳
    -I had an upbringing in a Christian environment which was enjoyable and good.As the other children and myself were growing up we got to an age where church was not compulsory but a personal option.What happened to many of us is we found a desire to go and explore the world.Q ...[text shortened]... about what special attention those who do go to church take to help these young adults out?:'(
    I was not raised in a church, I didn't become a Christian until I was
    25 years old. The vast majority of the time I heard Jesus' name was
    when the 'F' word was stuck in the middle of Jesus and Christ.

    I don't believe any special attention is required for anyone, but with
    those that were in a church they more than likely have seen people
    act as if there were no God all the while calling themselves Christian.
    So I suppose that defining what a Christian is, would be important.
    I recall someone was being told about how God loves us as a Father
    would, but when the person they were talking too had an abusive dad
    that did all manner of evil. The term loving Father did not carry a
    lot of good visions being attached to the word Father, so the same
    thing would be true with the term, "Christian." Getting past what the
    bad examples were to find the real thing would be all important.
    Kelly
  3. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    97738
    09 Nov '05 09:29
    Originally posted by windmill
    Sorry for copying another thread here.😳
    -I had an upbringing in a Christian environment which was enjoyable and good.As the other children and myself were growing up we got to an age where church was not compulsory but a personal option.What happened to many of us is we found a desire to go and explore the world.Q ...[text shortened]... about what special attention those who do go to church take to help these young adults out?:'(
    In the Ministry that I belong to all most of the children are raised in the church. They all seem to be doing just fine. They are taught to watch the lives of those who donot come to church.
  4. England
    Joined
    15 Nov '03
    Moves
    33497
    09 Nov '05 11:42
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    In the Ministry that I belong to all most of the children are raised in the church. They all seem to be doing just fine. They are taught to watch the lives of those who donot come to church.
    why on earth are they taught to watch the lives of others. they will witness others over the course of ones life anyway. in my time ive seen some do well and others not . but at least they are doing fine by your standards.
  5. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Joined
    16 Jun '04
    Moves
    63851
    09 Nov '05 15:42
    Originally posted by stoker
    why on earth are they taught to watch the lives of others. they will witness others over the course of ones life anyway. in my time ive seen some do well and others not . but at least they are doing fine by your standards.
    What he means is they are taught to see how much better they are then children who do not attend church. I don't know if that is true, but the church goers certainly appear better behaved.
  6. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Joined
    16 Jun '04
    Moves
    63851
    09 Nov '05 15:45
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I was not raised in a church, I didn't become a Christian until I was
    25 years old. The vast majority of the time I heard Jesus' name was
    when the 'F' word was stuck in the middle of Jesus and Christ.

    I don't believe any special attention is required for anyone, but with
    those that were in a church they more than likely have seen people
    act as i ...[text shortened]... Getting past what the
    bad examples were to find the real thing would be all important.
    Kelly
    Don't know about the "loves us like a father would" stuff. I think it depends on the church. The more conservative churches also stress how angry God can be and how His wrath should be feared, skulls being crushed at the End of Times and such. Actually, I think that time of the church year is upon us, so there are probably thousands of preachers right now devising sermons that preach of a blood-covered, angry Christ.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148418
    09 Nov '05 16:181 edit
    Originally posted by thesonofsaul
    Don't know about the "loves us like a father would" stuff. I think it depends on the church. The more conservative churches also stress how angry God can be and how His wrath should be feared, skulls being crushed at the End of Times and such. Actually, I think that time of the church year is upon us, so there are probably thousands of preachers right now devising sermons that preach of a blood-covered, angry Christ.
    I'm not sure if I'd say the conservative churches stress that, more
    than likely those that read what is there and preach it accordingly.

    I believe life is quite complex God even more so, but God is not
    divided like we can be at times. What I mean by that is God does
    not mix his intent or deeds. When the time comes for judgment
    it will be grace and mercy with no sin remembered, and those that
    fall outside of God's grace and mercy, they will receive God's wrath
    without any mercy or hope of God’s wrath being lessened at any
    time ever, just like the grace and mercy will not fade in power or
    intent.

    So when God attempts to win us over righteously, sending His only
    begotten Son to become sin for us, Jesus becoming a man taking
    on our life and laying it down for us, we see God's love for man. The
    thing I think many people have issues with is why God would be
    so mad at us, what did we do?
    Kelly
  8. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Joined
    13 Nov '03
    Moves
    20532
    10 Nov '05 01:161 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I was not raised in a church, I didn't become a Christian until I was
    25 years old. The vast majority of the time I heard Jesus' name was
    when the 'F' word was stuck in the middle of Jesus and Christ.

    I don't believe any special attention is required for anyone, but with
    those that were in a church they more than likely have seen people
    act as i ...[text shortened]... Getting past what the
    bad examples were to find the real thing would be all important.
    Kelly
    I disagree that special attention is not needed as I saw what happened in the church I went too.Mabey people like yourself who have experience are the one's who can give it?We are like opposites.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148418
    10 Nov '05 05:561 edit
    Originally posted by windmill
    I disagree that special attention is not needed as I saw what happened in the church I went too.Mabey people like yourself who have experience are the one's who can give it?We are like opposites.
    The bottom line for each one of us is getting past the faults of
    those around us, and our own faults, and actually seek out God for
    ourselves. It is always going to be like Jesus' words to Peter when
    Peter asked Christ about another follower, and Jesus said, "What
    is that to you, follow thou me?" Religious people have more fakes
    only because they are supposedly representing something real,
    but that does not mean that there are the real ones too. I like
    Christianity because it allows us to be who we are in truth, without
    denying anything. Which is not true in my opinion of those that are
    not walking with God in Christ who deny sin within them, and the
    God who created them.
    Kelly
  10. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Joined
    27 Jan '05
    Moves
    83887
    10 Nov '05 06:06
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I like Christianity because it allows us to be who we are in truth, without denying anything.
    Buddha nature?
  11. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    97738
    10 Nov '05 09:22
    Originally posted by stoker
    why on earth are they taught to watch the lives of others. they will witness others over the course of ones life anyway. in my time ive seen some do well and others not . but at least they are doing fine by your standards.
    They are taught from Sunday school how to live both right and wrong. The are for example to obey their parents. And the watch the lives of other children around them. Why the should. The children are raised up in the ministry. When they get to the point that they are grown and can make their own decisions. They are on their own. But they do know right from wrong, and can make their own choices.
  12. England
    Joined
    15 Nov '03
    Moves
    33497
    10 Nov '05 10:39
    i agree with teaching right from wrong at all ages, never mind youngsters. But it is childish teachings at sunday school . as you grow a more indepth knowledge is required, so to view others outside the church does it not make them judgemental in there own concite?? this being aganst the teachers teachings
  13. London
    Joined
    02 Mar '04
    Moves
    36061
    10 Nov '05 12:21
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Buddha nature?
    Explain.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148418
    10 Nov '05 14:35
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Buddha nature?
    I do not understand?
    Kelly
  15. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    9020
    10 Nov '05 15:29
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    They are taught from Sunday school how to live both right and wrong. The are for example to obey their parents. And the watch the lives of other children around them. Why the should. The children are raised up in the ministry. When they get to the point that they are grown and can make their own decisions. They are on their own. But they do know right from wrong, and can make their own choices.
    Well not exactly. It's a lot more complicated than that. My family attended a Baptist church when I was a youngster. We went a couple of times per week, Sundays of course, plus revivals, vacation bible school for us kiddies, social events, etc. So lots of church.

    We were certainly taught right and wrong, but it was the Baptist Church's version of right and wrong. "Right" consisted of a pretty small list. "Wrong" was as long as the US Tax Code.
Back to Top