1. Forgotten
    Moves
    01 Nov '05 08:41
    Originally posted by LordOfTheChessboard
    I think I read the dutch version of that book, you mean erich von daniken?

If the piri reis map is real then it really seems to prove that either there was an advanced civilisation living here on earth or that we had visitors.... exiting!
    yes
    i misspelled the name i am an old pot head and i hadnt read the book since i was a kid lol
    good to see you here LOCB
    sorry i didnt reply sooner i am getting trying to get caught up
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Nov '05 15:16
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Christianity does deal effectively with any being other than humans. For example there is a strong assumption that other animals do not have a soul and to explain this many christians will go to the extent of claiming that animals cannot think or reason which, for anyone who has had a pet, is clearly not true.
    For this reason evolution is rejected by man ...[text shortened]... ver be able to find or communicate with other life is something we cant answer until it happens.
    I do not think animals have souls, but I do believe some of them
    reason to a degree.
    Kelly
  3. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    01 Nov '05 15:21
    I have a Born Again relation who believes that aliens, if and when they are discovered, are in fact demons.
  4. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    01 Nov '05 15:26
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I do not think animals have souls, but I do believe some of them
    reason to a degree.
    Kelly
    Interesting. Why don't you think animals have souls? If I were a religious person, I think a soul might be the equivilent of a being's compassion. I think there have been some cases of where certain animals (penguins, elephants, apes, dolphins, etc) have exhibited these characteristics although it could be argued that this is just the animal's instinct.

Assuming God does exist and made Man above all other creatures (and I am not trying to put words in anybody's mouth) why wouldn't He give his "lesser" creatures the opportunity to receive Heaven?
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Nov '05 15:28
    Originally posted by Starrman
    I have a Born Again relation who believes that aliens, if and when they are discovered, are in fact demons.
    I've talked to several who carry that belief, since they believe more
    times than not ET has a belief system they want share with us. I
    tend to lean that way too, to tell you the truth. I will admit I do not
    know, but ET or spirits of the dead both get seen and no one can
    prove either so they fall within the area of faith in my opinion, and
    demons could be the cause of both.
    Kelly
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Nov '05 15:30
    Originally posted by Joe Fist
    Interesting. Why don't you think animals have souls? If I were a religious person, I think a soul might be the equivilent of a being's compassion. I think there have been some cases of where certain animals (penguins, elephants, apes, dolphins, etc) have exhibited these characteristics although it could be argued that this is just the animal's instinc ...[text shortened]... body's mouth) why wouldn't He give his "lesser" creatures the opportunity to receive Heaven?
    What makes you think the lesser animals require being saved?

Since Adam (man) fell all of them were tossed into a fallen world
    too, now that Jesus has saved us, if they were in any danger wouldn't
    they too be saved by our salvation?
    Kelly
  7. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    01 Nov '05 16:41
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    What makes you think the lesser animals require being saved?

Since Adam (man) fell all of them were tossed into a fallen world
    too, now that Jesus has saved us, if they were in any danger wouldn't
    they too be saved by our salvation?
    Kelly
    Maybe I misunderstood your original point. Correct me if I am wrong:

Is your premise is that all the lesser animals are already perfect in a sense where they will already receive the grace of Christ upon their death, in other words, enter Heaven? That, unlike Man, they do not have to deal with any sort of moral dilemmas and choices that may ultimately affect their place in the afterlife? If this is correct I think that is a very interesting and pleasant theory.

I didn't intend to equate one having a soul with necessarily one being saved? I'm not sure they are the same thing although I guess they could be? Those of us who don't subscribe to any sort of denomination may believe we do have a soul.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Nov '05 19:55
    Originally posted by Joe Fist
    Maybe I misunderstood your original point. Correct me if I am wrong:

Is your premise is that all the lesser animals are already perfect in a sense where they will already receive the grace of Christ upon their death, in other words, enter Heaven? That, unlike Man, they do not have to deal with any sort of moral dilemmas and choices that may ultimately ...[text shortened]... be? Those of us who don't subscribe to any sort of denomination may believe we do have a soul.
    I do not know what happens the the spirit/life force within animals
    when they die. They were under our authority before the fall, they
    were changed after the fall from where everything ate plants to
    eating each other. We know that animals will too be at peace when
    all things are set right and evil is dealt with, the lion shall lay down
    with the lamb, when people will no longer make war. If that means
    that there will be new animals, and the old ones that died are gone
    as some believe people are fated to, I do not know. Never gave it
    to much thought to tell you the truth. I'd like to see some animals I
    loved in the past again, but will it happen, don't know.
    Kelly
  9. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    01 Nov '05 20:32
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    From a Xtian perspective I would say no. But I don't know for sure, would be more honest.
    My reasons would be that God explains Himself in Genesis. He created the heavens and the earth. He also mentions the firmament, etc. So I would say the earth is the arena for His pleasure. He seems to say that He made the stars/firmament for the earth, as well as ...[text shortened]... uld entail? Just my thoughts. Will be interesting to see what else comes down the pipeline here.
    Could it be that to really answer that question. That we may have to go back ask the reason for, GENESIS 1:1,2?
    Also why would GOD, allow other like creations get involved in the Sins of mankind?
  10. Forgotten
    Moves
    01 Nov '05 23:28
    Originally posted by Starrman
    hi starrman
    i know several people who are into the alien thing.
    they say there are several types of aliens hovering around earth.one type being small and grey,the other main type is larger and reptillian.the greys are "god" and benevolent to man.the reptillians being "satan" and wanting to do horrible things to mankind.
    according to the ufo"authorities"
    i myself ,in my old age believe in little,i do believe in myself.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree