1. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Jan '18 18:29
    Originally posted by @js357
    https://www.gotquestions.org/immutability-God.html

I found the above site by a search. It addresses the current discussion I have been involved in.
    The Bible is full of examples of God changing his mind, doing things that he regretted, doing things and then have to redo them, making decisions and then changing them ... full of them. Let me know if you want some examples.

To be honest that link sounds like stuff people tell Sunday School kids. Adults who know the bible know better.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '18 23:10
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    BRIDE OF CHRIST & BODY.OF CHRIST

There are clear statements that the BRIDE OF CHRIST is the New Jerusalem

There are clear statements that the BODY OF CHRIST is the church and its members.

So far you have heresay and specilation and deductions which contradict the clear statements that the church is the BODY OF CHRIST.
    Wall Paul writing to the New Jerusalem? Seems to me Paul was writing to members of a church he founded.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '18 23:12
    The Bible is full of examples of God changing his mind, doing things that he regretted, doing things and then have to redo them, making decisions and then changing them ... full of them. Let me know if you want some examples.

To be honest that link sounds like stuff people tell Sunday School kids. Adults who know the bible know better.
    Examples of God changing his mind on what is sinful?

Do we find anywhere that God redefines what has been called immoral actions is no longer immoral? Immoral is fro God's perspective of course.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '18 23:17
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Examples of God changing his mind on what is sinful?
    Your god figure seemed to think that eating certain foods was immoral - Leviticus 11 - but later he seemed to change is mind.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Jan '18 23:32
    Wall Paul writing to the New Jerusalem? Seems to me Paul was writing to members of a church he founded.
    Paul said nothing of the bride of Christ. He called followers the BODY

Revelation called the New Jerusalem the BRIDE.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '18 23:40
    Paul said nothing of the bride of Christ. He called followers the BODY

Revelation called the New Jerusalem the BRIDE.
    11 I wish you would bear with me in a little foolishness. Do bear with me! 2 For I feel a divine jealousy for you, since I betrothed you to one husband, to present you as a pure virgin to Christ.

He called these men and women pure virgins bethrothing them to Christ.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Jan '18 00:06
    11 I wish you would bear with me in a little foolishness. Do bear with me! 2 For I feel a divine jealousy for you, since I betrothed you to one husband, to present you as a pure virgin to Christ.

He called these men and women pure virgins bethrothing them to Christ.
    Christ is a bigamist .. lol
  8. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    09 Jan '18 00:32
    Originally posted by @fmf
    The people of the Middle East are Asians, surely?
    Oh great, my first graded post in this religion class has red ink on it.

btw the thread title seems misleading. The subject doesn't seem to be religion.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Jan '18 00:54
    Christ is a bigamist .. lol
    When a husband and wife get married they become one flesh.

I am not sure why you believe that the church being the bride of Christ and Christ's body are mutually exclusive.

Unless of course you don't know your Bible at all.
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    09 Jan '18 05:29
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Oh great, my first graded post in this religion class has red ink on it.

btw the thread title seems misleading. The subject doesn't seem to be religion.
    On this forum, those who title threads have little to say about what they turn out to be about.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Jan '18 08:43
    On this forum, those who title threads have little to say about what they turn out to be about.
    Indeed. Creating a thread is rather like bringing a child in to the world. The parent may have expectations on how the child will develop, but no direct control.
  12. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    09 Jan '18 13:39
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Indeed. Creating a thread is rather like bringing a child in to the world. The parent may have expectations on how the child will develop, but no direct control.
    It’s all Martin Luther’s fault for letting the people read the Bible for themselves instead of having it read for them by a priesthood in Rome. Eladar wanted a religion class set up for him to instruct but he got one very unruly student. This happens. Or an anagram of “this” happens.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Jan '18 14:09
    It’s all Martin Luther’s fault for letting the people read the Bible for themselves instead of having it read for them by a priesthood in Rome. Eladar wanted a religion class set up for him to instruct but he got one very unruly student. This happens. Or an anagram of “this” happens.
    That has to be the dumbest post I ever came across.
  14. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    09 Jan '18 15:152 edits
    That has to be the dumbest post I ever came across.
    What? You two yet again embarrassed Jesus with divisiveness over relatively trivial matters and you call my post the dumbest you have ever come across? You could have let Eladar go for a while to see what he’d do on his own but you just can’t help it can you, and yes I know I sound like Suzianne.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '18 00:04
    I said if you had questions start a thread and I would respond as would other people.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree