1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Aug '05 03:28
    Originally posted by genius
    john 3:16

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only son, so that everyone who beleives in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

alternatively, once again read the verse in John you gave me. He is the resurrection and the life. bescially he died to save us. However, that wasn't the end of it. he rose again, conquering death!
    What about the majority of the population at the time who never heard of the bible? They clearly don't believe so they must therefore
    be damned to hellfire for all eternity. Bit exteme, no?
  2. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    31 Aug '05 03:31
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What about the majority of the population at the time who never heard of the bible? They clearly don't believe so they must therefore
    be damned to hellfire for all eternity. Bit exteme, no?
    So?
  3. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    31 Aug '05 08:271 edit
    Originally posted by Thequ1ck
    My definition of God is that God is everything, maybe what
    others would call the universe.
    I believe God to be omnipotent but not sentient.

I don't believe in the Bible because it is outdated and allures
    to control mechanisms. It speaks of vengence and immorality
    and by doing so breathes them into our young.

I believe in doing what is right lieve God to be?

edit : Sorry about the bold, don't know how to turn it off.
    edit2 : Thanks
    well, i do not think you can be 'classed', so to speak, as a Christian. you may beleive that the God you beleive in is the God of Abraham and Moses, but you do not beleive Jesus Christ died for your sins and so do not follow him. If you're really desperate to be classed as something you could maybe try for judism?

and i read something about what happens to people if they have never heard of the bible etc, and i think they are judged by both their own beleifs and if "the law of moses is written on their heart" (i.e. if they follow the law of moses without having it told to them).

but i'm not sure.

EDIT: and the "[/ b]" should have been placed in the quote 😛
  4. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    31 Aug '05 08:41
    well, i do not think you can be 'classed', so to speak, as a Christian. you may beleive that the God you beleive in is the God of Abraham and Moses, but you do not beleive Jesus Christ died for your sins and so do not follow him. If you're really desperate to be classed as something you could maybe try for judism?

and i read something about what happens ...[text shortened]... them).

but i'm not sure.

EDIT: and the "[/ b]" should have been placed in the quote 😛
    Christ dying for our sins, wasn't part of Christ's message, that was added after the fact and clouds what his message was, Too bad people fell for that illogical stuff.
    He died for one reason only , He was speaking against the validity of the very stuff I see posted in this forum masquerading as "christian" doctrine.
  5. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    31 Aug '05 09:011 edit
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    Christ dying for our sins, wasn't part of Christ's message, that was added after the fact and clouds what his message was, Too bad people fell for that illogical stuff.
    He died for one reason only , He was speaking against the validity of the very stuff I see posted in this forum masquerading as "christian" doctrine.
    i'll say it again because it wasn't actually me who brought it up-john11:25, "jesus said 'i am the life and ressurection'". plus, it was prophesised. he also said he would tear down the temple/covenetant (i forget exactly) and rebuild it in 3 days, inferring his death and ressurection.
  6. Standard memberThequ1ck
    Fast above
    Slow Below
    Moves
    31 Aug '05 09:13
    john 3:16

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only son, so that everyone who beleives in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

alternatively, once again read the verse in John you gave me. He is the resurrection and the life. bescially he died to save us. However, that wasn't the end of it. he rose again, conquering death!
    Hang on, I thought we were all meant to be God's children. How does
    that make Jesus his only Son? Are we then step-sons?
  7. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    31 Aug '05 09:18
    Religion keeps you in your place...cowering on your knees in front of a super-being that may on a whim turn the clouds into rocks and and the air you breathe into flames....

Mysticism V Reality
  8. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    31 Aug '05 09:25
    i'll say it again because it wasn't actually me who brought it up-john11:25, "jesus said 'i am the life and ressurection'". plus, it was prophesised. he also said he would tear down the temple/covenetant (i forget exactly) and rebuild it in 3 days, inferring his death and ressurection.
    which was nothing at all to do with my post.
  9. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    31 Aug '05 09:28
    which was nothing at all to do with my post.
    you're saying him dying and rising again wasn't part of his message. i'm saying it was the whole point of it!
  10. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    31 Aug '05 10:23
    you're saying him dying and rising again wasn't part of his message. i'm saying it was the whole point of it!
    stop changing what you're saying , please.
    until now you're been saying " He died for our sins"
    now you're saying " He died to rise again" and that's the "whole point of his message"
  11. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    31 Aug '05 11:48
    stop changing what you're saying , please.
    until now you're been saying " He died for our sins"
    now you're saying " He died to rise again" and that's the "whole point of his message"
    reading over my posts, the only time i have mentioned christ dying i've said,
    "bascially he died to save us. However, that wasn't the end of it. he rose again, conquering death!"

i also quoted him a couple of times saying that he was the life and resurrection. each time with resurrection in italics.
  12. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    31 Aug '05 11:54
    reading over my posts, the only time i have mentioned christ dying i've said,
    "bascially he died to save us. However, that wasn't the end of it. he rose again, conquering death!"

i also quoted him a couple of times saying that he was the life and resurrection. each time with resurrection in italics.
    you didnt say this?

I guess I'm just confused.
  13. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    31 Aug '05 12:112 edits
    you didnt say this?

I guess I'm just confused.
    missed that-a-one, and it's not not true. Jesus did die for our sins. He then rose again, conquering death. what's confusing you? it's not double standards, it's meerly me perhaps not explaining myself fully, or assuming that the you had read all my earlier posts in this thread and knew my opinions on this matter.

also, when you said "until now", you basically just meant that post, ja? 🙄
  14. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    31 Aug '05 12:16
    missed that-a-one, and it's not not true. Jesus did die for our sins. He then rose again, conquering death. what's confusing you? it's not double standards, it's meerly me perhaps not explaining myself fully, or assuming that the you had read all my earlier posts in this thread and knew my opinions on this matter.

also, when you said "until now", you basically just meant that post, ja? 🙄
    this is what's confusing:

"you're saying him dying and rising again wasn't part of his message. i'm saying it was the whole point of it! "

you did say that too, didnt you?
  15. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    31 Aug '05 12:19
    this is what's confusing:

"you're saying him dying and rising again wasn't part of his message. i'm saying it was the whole point of it! "

you did say that too, didnt you?
    yes. what's confusing about it?...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree