Religion keeps you in your place.

Religion keeps you in your place.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
31 Aug 05

Originally posted by genius
yes. what's confusing about it?...
This: "...... Jesus Christ died for your sins .....".

doesn't equate with this:

"you're saying him dying and rising again wasn't part of his message. i'm saying it was the whole point of it! "

g
Wayward Soul

Your Blackened Sky

Moves
31 Aug 05

Originally posted by frogstomp
This: "...... Jesus Christ died for your sins .....".

doesn't equate with this:

"you're saying him dying and rising again wasn't part of his message. i'm saying it was the whole point of it! "
would me saying that "he died and rose again for our sins" clarify things?

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
31 Aug 05

Originally posted by genius
would me saying that "he died and rose again for our sins" clarify things?
It clarifies only that you said it, however thats not in His message.

g
Wayward Soul

Your Blackened Sky

Moves
02 Sep 05
2 edits

Originally posted by frogstomp
It clarifies only that you said it, however thats not in His message.
I've had a big, long think about this (well, bigger and longer than usual) and i think that, okay so i was a bit wrong when i said "it was the whole point of it", but not completly. It is a message of Love. Love your neightbour. However, more importantly, love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your mind. Why? Because he so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever beleived in him may not perish but have eternal life. Because he loved us so much that he was willing to die for us. If he hadn't died then there would have been little depth to the gospel. So, he created us. Yeah, very good. But it's more than that. he cares for us so much that He died for us. But he rose again, conquering death! So that we may live forever...

God is the reason we are here. As Christains we are his representatives on Earth, and with the Holy Spirit working through us we should do whatever we can to glorify him. For without Him there is nothing!

I think that is a vague outline of His message, in my opinion. However, i don't think you can pin down one thing. other than the Bible, of course...😛